Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Apr 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2856917)   #1
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
VSCC Spring Start Silverstone 23rd of April

Who is doing it with what car ?

I aim to to race my Lotus 18 rear engined GP car in die HGPCA race.
Not very Vintage, that one....
But, I very much look forward to it.

Rudolf
Old 1 Apr 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2856936)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We are supposed to have Talbot or Talbots there.
Old 17 Apr 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2865262)   #3
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Who is doing it with what car ?

I aim to to race my Lotus 18 rear engined GP car in die HGPCA race.
Not very Vintage, that one....
But, I very much look forward to it.

Rudolf
the time table has been finalised
pre 66 GP cars are the second from last race

had to rebook my flight to Sunday !

Rudolf
Old 22 Apr 2011, 16:14 (Ref:2868198)   #4
Revvedup917
Rookie

Revvedup917 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello

I'm an automobile engineering student who's never been to a VSCC meeting, but would love to attend one to see and learn about classic automobiles made by great enginners like Marc Birkigt, Ettore Bugatti and Vittorio Jano.

However, I don't have acces to my Ducati yet and can't get there on anything apart from public transport. I live in London and can easily get to Northampton or any other nearby rail station, could somebody be so very kind and give me a lift to Silverstone ?

Many Thanks
Aneesh
Old 22 Apr 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2868221)   #5
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvedup917 View Post

However, I don't have acces to my Ducati yet and can't get there on anything apart from public transport. I live in London and can easily get to Northampton or any other nearby rail station, could somebody be so very kind and give me a lift to Silverstone ?

Many Thanks
Aneesh
I have sent you a PM
Old 22 Apr 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2868319)   #6
percy
Racer

Aneesh - my PC is playing up, I hope you've received my phone number etc...
Old 22 Apr 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2868337)   #7
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stagecoach run the 88 bus from Northampton bus station (short walk from the train station) £7.60 return to Silverstone village (about 1/2hr walk to the circuit, but if the bus is empty, driver will often go off route & drop you at the track).

I've checked & it is running tomorrow xx:20 from Northampton, last ones back are 18:45/19:15 (journey time ~50 mins)
Old 22 Apr 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2868338)   #8
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What track layout are they using?
Old 22 Apr 2011, 20:25 (Ref:2868347)   #9
percy
Racer

Aneesh - have you received my messages? if I don't hear from you before 9am tomorrow, I'll assume you don't want a lift.
Old 22 Apr 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2868348)   #10
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
What track layout are they using?

the National circuit

the VSCC does not have deep pockets
its clubracing

Rudernst
Old 23 Apr 2011, 06:26 (Ref:2868465)   #11
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
It's VSCC.

Different from any other type of race meeting and so much more interesting than others.

Don't worry about which track is used.The major interest is in Paddock.
Old 23 Apr 2011, 07:33 (Ref:2868479)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvedup917 View Post
Hello

I'm an automobile engineering student who's never been to a VSCC meeting, but would love to attend one to see and learn about classic automobiles made by great enginners like Marc Birkigt, Ettore Bugatti and Vittorio Jano.

Aneesh
And Georges Roesch, of course! Right, JR?
Old 23 Apr 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2868717)   #13
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

George should be on list.

If you want to get to a race meeting it is always possible to get there.

A test of interest!
Old 23 Apr 2011, 20:49 (Ref:2868731)   #14
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
It's VSCC.

Different from any other type of race meeting and so much more interesting than others.

Don't worry about which track is used.The major interest is in Paddock.
I agree
interesting car interesting owners
vendors stalls allways worth a look

Rudolf
Old 24 Apr 2011, 18:33 (Ref:2869153)   #15
percy
Racer

A few pics from the day. I have more from races 6-10, so feel free to ask if I shot your car... Rudolf - yours will need a CD of their own

This was a great tussle...

An eclectic mix...

Old 29 Apr 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2871904)   #16
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An enjoyable start to a long weekend of motor sport. Some stunning cars on track and in the paddock.
Attached Thumbnails
vs1.jpg   vs2.jpg   vs3.jpg  

vs4.jpg   vs5.jpg   vs6.jpg  

Old 3 May 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2873328)   #17
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lovely shots, brands. I'm sorry to have missed this event which I have often been to in the past but I couldn't justify to myself the time and costs of going when for the next 2 days I was going to be at Cadwell. Anyone else got any feedback from this lovely event. Where's 'eclectic', these days?
Old 5 May 2011, 23:01 (Ref:2875026)   #18
icklimp
Racer

England
icklimp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Lovely shots, brands. I'm sorry to have missed this event which I have often been to in the past but I couldn't justify to myself the time and costs of going when for the next 2 days I was going to be at Cadwell. Anyone else got any feedback from this lovely event. Where's 'eclectic', these days?

France, probably!

It was hot, hot, hot! The racing was generally good, we finished on time and a cider at the end of the day tasted flippin fantastic