Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Apr 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3817491)   #26
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
How an Indy roadster can compete with Formula 1 cars from a similar era still baffles me.
Thanks for posting a picture of the Connaught.

We're not too happy about the inclusion of indycars, 4.2 litres is hard to keep up with when you only have 2.5 litres!
It's a bit of a surprise to see that they can turn right as well as left though!
Old 26 Apr 2018, 18:25 (Ref:3817548)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Thanks for posting a picture of the Connaught.

We're not too happy about the inclusion of indycars, 4.2 litres is hard to keep up with when you only have 2.5 litres!
It's a bit of a surprise to see that they can turn right as well as left though!
Peter, I know Simon Diffey quite well, as he is a 'local boy', hence rather a lot of Connaught in this album which, I hope you enjoy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tmK1Imu5Ie9wpX3a2

Bob
Old 27 Apr 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3817657)   #28
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I guess we shouldn't overlook the fact that Gareth is a pretty 'useful' pedaller even though he is self deprecating! (pic below)

Our FISCAR Tom Cole Trophy Race whilst down on numbers from previous years, produced some close racing particularly at the front when the Martin Hunt/Patrick Blakeney-Edwards HWM just beat the lovely Maserati 250S of Richard Wilson by less than 3 tenths of a second.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5574SSJT.jpg   IMG_5878SSJT.jpg  
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 27 Apr 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3817663)   #29
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Peter, I know Simon Diffey quite well, as he is a 'local boy', hence rather a lot of Connaught in this album which, I hope you enjoy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tmK1Imu5Ie9wpX3a2

Bob
Bob

Thanks for the pics, I hadn't thought of the Luton posse connection!

Peter
Old 27 Apr 2018, 12:41 (Ref:3817715)   #30
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

How an Indy roadster can compete with Formula 1 cars from a similar era still baffles me.
Well for a start many Indy roadsters are Formula One cars............

The other thing that is often not understood is that whilst they have an offset engine, the drivers weight is the other side and they have pretty even weight distribution left to right. It wasnt until the late 50s that they started off-setting the axles. Those late cars would not be as balanced left and right, but the earlier cars are fine (and a whole lot of fun)
Old 27 Apr 2018, 13:00 (Ref:3817722)   #31
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post
Well for a start many Indy roadsters are Formula One cars............

The other thing that is often not understood is that whilst they have an offset engine, the drivers weight is the other side and they have pretty even weight distribution left to right. It wasnt until the late 50s that they started off-setting the axles. Those late cars would not be as balanced left and right, but the earlier cars are fine (and a whole lot of fun)
It is probably President Trump's fault, he seems to get the blame for most of the worlds ills these days.

I also admired Wild Bill Vukovich in the day.
Old 28 Apr 2018, 05:57 (Ref:3817830)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
It is probably President Trump's fault
Hé bien mon Ami Robertdid Trump move Pakistan to Luton or vice versa? By the way, really nice pics as on usual. Just out of my curiosity, do you use ASA 100 or 400 sometimes …