Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Jun 2019, 19:26 (Ref:3908523)   #5201
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
What's with the negativity towards Team HARD? I've only been on here a short while but there seems to be a bit of an issue with them?
Comes from a lot of people’s dealings with them & stories of what has happened/happens within the team. I use to like their underdog plucky status but they’ve changed that for me sadly.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3908604)   #5202
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think too often they've tried to bite off more than they can chew. But at the same time they are still here, so they must be doing something right
Old 8 Jun 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3908631)   #5203
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe four-car model isn't particularly good for them let alone the fact VWs seem too old to be still competitive. Having two-car team, decent drivers behind wheels of latest cars would prove way better for them I think.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 07:12 (Ref:3908735)   #5204
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the way they go about getting sponsors is great, I genuinely think they just need a bit of luck. Looking at Bushells and Thompsons pace towards the end of last season and Goff this season I don't think the VW is as outdated as everyone makes out. They've won in VWs and GTs so I think they'll get there in BTCC.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3909035)   #5205
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I believe four-car model isn't particularly good for them let alone the fact VWs seem too old to be still competitive. Having two-car team, decent drivers behind wheels of latest cars would prove way better for them I think.
NGTC age doesn't matter. Are the Civics to old for AMD (which are older than the VWs) ?
Old 10 Jun 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3909050)   #5206
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Age is one thing but development work is other and VW has never been as good as Honda apart from the season when BMR ran them.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3909060)   #5207
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Age is one thing but development work is other and VW has never been as good as Honda apart from the season when BMR ran them.
Does that mean that there is still a lot more development potential in the VW?

I am struggling a bit to understand the correlation you make between saying the VW is too old to still be competitive [for HARD] and that the VW has never been as good as the Honda.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3909071)   #5208
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Better in what way? It all depends on what the goal is. Not every team can be in BTCC to be champions, it's just not possible.
Old 10 Jun 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3909089)   #5209
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Having two-car team, decent drivers behind wheels of latest cars would prove way better for them I think.
The team's entry will entirely run around the funding that is available. At the moment, they are able to fill all four seats with drivers bringing in enough funds to run the cars.

Two-car team - Drop to two cars means less shared overheads across the drivers, so the seats may be more expensive.

Decent drivers - I assume you mean drivers with a higher profile or experience level to those they already have? The choice of drivers is based on who brings the money, so I'm sure if 'decent' drivers had approached with funds then they would happily sign them up.

Latest cars - every team on the grid would happily run cars less than 2yr old if they had the funds in place to do so. At the moment, the drivers (and associated budget) they have means they are running the cars of that age.

Ultimately, it all comes down to funding. Look up and down the whole grid and you'll see plenty of seats where the driver's funding does not cover the full cost of the entry. The changes you propose would all increase the team's budget outlay - where do you propose to get this extra money from?
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:07 (Ref:3917123)   #5210
Johno.UK
Racer

Infiniti is back - https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...r-rest-of-2019
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3917125)   #5211
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might pop along to the tyre test next week and have a look
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3917127)   #5212
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, didn't see that coming! Great to see the Q50 back but, even being heavily reworked, I'm not sure it's a step up from the Merc!

Also, another RWD car on the grid.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:52 (Ref:3917133)   #5213
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Wow, didn't see that coming! Great to see the Q50 back but, even being heavily reworked, I'm not sure it's a step up from the Merc!

Also, another RWD car on the grid.
They must be convinced the car is an improvement on the Mercedes (or at least - has the potential to be an improvement on the Mercedes). By the sound of it the plan was to run the Infiniti next year - but presumably because this season has been so poor they've decided to effectively write off the rest of this season and get some mileage on the Infiniti so they can hit the ground running with it next year.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:57 (Ref:3917134)   #5214
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting news, didn't see that coming. How many Infinities were built, 2, 3?
Old 12 Jul 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3917137)   #5215
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Interesting news, didn't see that coming. How many Infinities were built, 2, 3?
Just the 2 - both owned by Laser Tools, so perhaps they could run them both in 2020...?
Old 12 Jul 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3917140)   #5216
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Please tell us your experience in race engineering and engineering simulation software?

I could see this happening a while ago, it's clear that the Mercedes has peaked.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3917142)   #5217
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He hasn't had a good year so far, hopefully this will turn it around. Nice to see that car back as well. It never reached its potential being run by the joke of a team that it was with previously.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3917143)   #5218
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very interesting and also didn't see that one coming. However just on a side note to it is going to be possible to buy a new Infiniti from next year.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3917147)   #5219
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kind of knew Laser Tools would switch but I thought it would be next year, the Merc is going nowhere (same with Cicerly - im expecting them to change something up before next season) so makes sense to get some race distances under their belt to understand the car and where it is before a full assault next year.

Odds on Team Hard running 3 mercs next year now?
Old 12 Jul 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3917150)   #5220
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Odds on Team Hard running 3 mercs next year now?
Micheal Crees has already asked for one on Twitter... 😂
Old 12 Jul 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3917164)   #5221
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm actually surprised this is the only change we have had so far for 2019
Last season by now we had AMD drop Boardman (almost as soon as the summer break started), Hill then split from Team Hard and revolving doors started at each, Josh Price was dropped off the grid at BMR and we had already lost James Nash a couple of races before...
Old 12 Jul 2019, 14:49 (Ref:3917173)   #5222
Johno.UK
Racer

Like Moffats reply to a post on the BTCC facebook group.

post - "Now he can be mediocre in a nice new model"

reply - "there’s a second one there if you want to put your money where you keyboard warrior mouth is"
Old 12 Jul 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3917176)   #5223
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
with the TBL from Sam Tordoff ?
Old 12 Jul 2019, 16:08 (Ref:3917184)   #5224
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well now an Infiniti is back in the championship, it's good that this team they are with an established team and a race winning driver. Now we can see how good the car is.

First mid season car change since BMR in 2014 btw

Also seen a story saying that BMW can do no more with the car according to Colin, so there's more reason not to be doom and gloom about their dominance
Old 12 Jul 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3917196)   #5225
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post

Also seen a story saying that BMW can do no more with the car according to Colin, so there's more reason not to be doom and gloom about their dominance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLKDV-_SCBs