Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 9 Dec 2002, 00:20 (Ref:445952)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Fans Loved Fontana

CART's website has announced the results of their survey as to everybody's favourite race last year, and Fontana came out on top. Not that I'm surprised, but after hanging out around here for awhile you'd think that everybody hated the ovals! I guess not.

Well, this must be my "fifteen minutes of fame". The article quotes some of the comments they received in the survey, and it seems they liked mine!

And if that's not an excuse to go grab a beer to celebrate, I don't know what is. (Although I'm sure I would of thought of another reason!)
Old 9 Dec 2002, 15:56 (Ref:446362)   #2
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, maybe it's "absence makes the heart grow fonder". When there were many oval races nobody thought much of them, and now they're rare.

I liked Fontana too, but I probably wouldn't have pegged it as my favourite race of the year. Even if the smog lifted nicely for raceday so we could see the mountains.

keke
Old 9 Dec 2002, 17:36 (Ref:446433)   #3
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do not like to attend Fontana. Ovals are too boring to me. I've gone every year since Cal Speedway opened, but I just end up BS'ing with people next to me and don't watch a lot of the race. I told myself that I won't be going to Fontana this year, but I hooked up with my friends at Players and decided to go.