Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 4 Oct 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1727342)   #1
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is the Ten-Tenths pitbabe?

whose the hot bird on the front page in the ten-tenths gear, is she a member and where can i meet her?
Old 4 Oct 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1727352)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
She's Hayley and a girlfriend of one of our members.

More Hayley pics will be added soon.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 09:41 (Ref:1727354)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
god, you've got so much respect for women haven't you!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1727357)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
The LADY is Hayley, who kindly posed for some promotional pics for Tenths so a bit of manners when you talk about her please.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:19 (Ref:1727490)   #5
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a shock at first, but I think it's OK, there's nothing bad about that picture, you see (IMHO) far worse pictures in the tabloid newspapers every day. So as long as it's kept in good taste, as I'm sure it will be, there's absolutely no problem with it.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1727495)   #6
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where are the promotional pics going, EP?
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1727498)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure there would be considerably less interest if it was a picture of ME with my marshaling or rescue overalls open and showing a bit of chest!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:26 (Ref:1727501)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why don't you offer to do something for Formula Woman, or something?!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1727503)   #9
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Well I AM one of the 50 things to do in motorsport before you die, according to Autosport!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1727507)   #10
marshalette
Rookie

Scotland
Aberdeen
marshalette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
She's Hayley and a girlfriend of one of our members.

More Hayley pics will be added soon.
And where are the pics of hunky men with their racing overalls hanging off?! I dare say it would be much appreciated by many of the thousands of female visitors to this site (maybe not so much the pics themselves but the recognition that there are just one or two motorsport fans who aren't male)! I'm sure Hayley's a lovely girl, but can we balance it out a bit please?? (unfortunately I have no boyfriend that I can volunteer...sorry)
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1727509)   #11
Suze
Veteran

England
Right, Grant....!

Marshalette has a point though, too...!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1727510)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I can think of one or two BF3 drivers who would probably fit the bill if required... They seem to attract the fangirls in droves.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:43 (Ref:1727518)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hmm, isn't this edging back towards the naked ten tenths calendar...
Old 4 Oct 2006, 11:48 (Ref:1727528)   #14
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not offensive, just inappropriate?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but, on balance, I'm sorry to see this in Ten Tenths.

I'm not objecting to this sort of photograph (and am happy to ignore the male equivalent) but I'm not sure it adds anything positive to the forum, particularly as it is not typical of how most topics here are approached.

I think it is the risk of its being misunderstood which worries me most.

Regards

Jim
Old 4 Oct 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1727562)   #15
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalette
And where are the pics of hunky men with their racing overalls hanging off?!
The pictures were not specifically comissioned by Ten-Tenths and were given to us by a member. If anyone wants to give us suitable pictures of hunky men wearing overalls with the Ten-Tenths logo on them I've no problem in putting them on the site too.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 12:40 (Ref:1727582)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I don't really see how it can be misunderstood - it's just a glamorous pic - it's not like there's really anything on show that shouldn't be.

We just though it was nice of someone to take the time to put some rather good photos together. Glamorous girls are just as much a part of motor racing as the other photos we have on the site.

Would there be the same objection if it was the same shot, but taken at a race circuit while performing duties as a grid girl?
Old 4 Oct 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1727622)   #17
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
. . .We just though it was nice of someone to take the time to put some rather good photos together.
Yes, all contributions gratefully received and the picture is perfectly decorous.
Quote:
Glamorous girls are just as much a part of motor racing as the other photos we have on the site.
Yes and so I don't think that threads etc. which have that content are at all out of place.
Quote:
Would there be the same objection if it was the same shot, but taken at a race circuit while performing duties as a grid girl?
No and also not if the shot was just one of a series showing the variety of things we are interested in seeing. I think it is the prominent front-page display which attracted my attention.

But, as I hope the tone of my previous post suggested, I'm not offended or trying to be righteous about it.

Regards

Jim

Last edited by JimW; 4 Oct 2006 at 13:20.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 13:19 (Ref:1727632)   #18
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
No and also not if the shot was just one of a series showing the variety of things we are interested in seeing. I think it is the prominent front-page display which attracted my attention.
The front page shot is actually a crop from the high-resolution version of the attached pic, the reason for the crop was to make the Ten-Tenths logo more prominent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0236.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	17268  
Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1727671)   #19
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
But, as I hope the tone of my previous post suggested, I'm not offended or trying to be righteous about it.
Yep I figured that one

If we can get more motorsport related photos that have the tenths logo involved (and are good quality) I'm sure we'd be happy to add them.

Perhaps a rescue crew that all have Tenths badges on their overalls... know anyone that could arrange that one Jim?
Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1727701)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
You want a picture of Teletubby on the site
Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1727706)   #21
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
yeah of course - fine figure of a man!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:29 (Ref:1727710)   #22
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK

Quote:
. . . Perhaps a rescue crew that all have Tenths badges on their overalls... know anyone that could arrange that one Jim?
Unfortunately overalls are not something which has come to the top of Mercia Rescue's funding list.

We usually appear as Motley Rescue as typified here. (New van since this image. )

http://www.jsmw.org.uk/images/020_20.JPG

Regards

Jim

Last edited by JimW; 4 Oct 2006 at 14:31.
Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:30 (Ref:1727711)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
no image

A big Tenths logo on the side of the van would work though
Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1727714)   #24
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
Quote:
no image

A big Tenths logo on the side of the van would work though
Give me a chance! See edit now.

And if there was a sensible sized sticker on sale, I'd buy two for the unit.

Jim
Old 4 Oct 2006, 14:38 (Ref:1727719)   #25
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Stickers can be arranged - free to rescue personnel!