Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Aug 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3924735)   #276
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
https://twitter.com/ShortAxle/status/1164106486219497473?s=09

Bugger, looks like that didn't work
No I got it, thanks!

Wasn't the Alfa technically too short and still allowed though?
Old 29 Aug 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3924737)   #277
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Wasn't the Alfa technically too short and still allowed though?
I think there's a few cars that were technically too short and allowed in over the years, funny how the Mini may not be. Apparently the Countryman is the most likely model now
Old 29 Aug 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3924739)   #278
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
And the FK2. TOCA have been flexible with the rules in the past and I would gurantee they'd be delighted to have another manufacturer backed team so would be very likely to consider such an entry...
Old 29 Aug 2019, 20:34 (Ref:3924740)   #279
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
And the FK2. TOCA have been flexible with the rules in the past and I would gurantee they'd be delighted to have another manufacturer backed team so would be very likely to consider such an entry...
And the BMW 1 Series... That's why I thought it was odd that their entry would be dismissed over such a small margin
Old 29 Aug 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3924745)   #280
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
https://twitter.com/ShortAxle/status/1164106486219497473?s=09
According to the brochure on the MINI website, the JCW Clubman is 4266mm. NGTC limit is 4400mm. That's not a 15mm difference as has been quoted.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 07:04 (Ref:3924795)   #281
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The tweet seems to imply that it's been turned down already so perhaps the 15mm refers to how much shorter it is than the unofficial minimum amount they're prepared to accept rather than the published 4400?
Old 30 Aug 2019, 07:52 (Ref:3924800)   #282
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
The tweet seems to imply that it's been turned down already so perhaps the 15mm refers to how much shorter it is than the unofficial minimum amount they're prepared to accept rather than the published 4400?
I wonder whether the reason for turning down an entry based around a Mini is also related to the support package for next season?

With Minis being on the support (and being described as a feeder category), it makes an entry with a similar model in the BTCC difficult to market.

I appreciate it has been done in the past with the likes of the Seat Leon, but (AFAIK) there was no reason to get a dispensation at the time.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 10:13 (Ref:3924807)   #283
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or he could have meant 15cm or 150mm as that’s what it toughly is short.
Old 30 Aug 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3924817)   #284
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Or he could have meant 15cm or 150mm as that’s what it toughly is short.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 16:32 (Ref:3925825)   #285
Pickles
Veteran

Just a test or maybe looking towards next year?

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...s-racing-test/
Old 4 Sep 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3925830)   #286
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just a test or maybe looking towards next year?

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...s-racing-test/
Officially - a test to give the team some help with RWD.

Unofficially - both parties weighing up options for 2020.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3925831)   #287
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It could be just they are using Ash’s experience with RWD to help develop the car
Old 4 Sep 2019, 17:19 (Ref:3925834)   #288
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It could be just they are using Ash’s experience with RWD to help develop the car
That's the official line... I think its pretty common knowledge that Ash won't be with BMR next year so he's going to be looking around
Old 4 Sep 2019, 18:28 (Ref:3925847)   #289
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Officially just running to offer some help to Laser. I would reckon young Ash will be busy weighing up whether he thinks it is (or can be) a better car than the Subaru with an eye on possibly moving next year.

He's quite adamant there's nowt more to come from the Subaru and I don't believe he's playing games like other drivers in the hope of TOCA making boost adjustments.

Wouldn't surprise me if BMR exited stage left at the end of the season. But I've been wrong about this before!!!
Old 4 Sep 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3925856)   #290
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rather bizzare to "help" a rival competitior mid-season ?
Old 4 Sep 2019, 19:18 (Ref:3925862)   #291
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
How many Infinitis does Moffat have?
Old 4 Sep 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3925867)   #292
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They own both of them.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3925876)   #293
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What does this mean?!
Old 4 Sep 2019, 20:49 (Ref:3925882)   #294
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

the answer is - ∞
Old 5 Sep 2019, 08:24 (Ref:3925941)   #295
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...2019-btcc-grid

Excelr8 wish to retain Osborne and Smith for next year, and (thankfully) are in a position to build a new car.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 08:32 (Ref:3925944)   #296
S griffin
Veteran

Yeah I saw that story too. Would have been a bit surreal, but very nice to see Minis on the grid.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 13:52 (Ref:3925986)   #297
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...2019-btcc-grid

Excelr8 wish to retain Osborne and Smith for next year, and (thankfully) are in a position to build a new car.
The url suggests 2019 season?
Old 5 Sep 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3926001)   #298
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The url suggests 2019 season?

Yes, however the article towards the end states that the team's co-founder, Justina Williams, says that the team is planning on retaining the two drivers for next season, i.e. 2020.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 15:10 (Ref:3926002)   #299
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Yes, however the article towards the end states that the team's co-founder, Justina Williams, says that the team is planning on retaining the two drivers for next season, i.e. 2020.
Thanks - I couldn't see the article due to paywall, and was just wondering what the 2020 link was.
So it is correct that the Mini build plan was for 2019 though?
Old 5 Sep 2019, 16:29 (Ref:3926016)   #300
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Thanks - I couldn't see the article due to paywall, and was just wondering what the 2020 link was.
So it is correct that the Mini build plan was for 2019 though?
Yep, and they are considering other models to replace the MG for next year.