Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Nov 2020, 23:13 (Ref:4017782)   #8051
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Given the advances in battery technology in the pipeline and the huge amount of oooomph the boys at Tesla can produce I think auto racing will have a bright future.

I still won't contemplate watching Formula E until the bloody car can run race distance though. Changing car half way through, doh!
Old 18 Nov 2020, 23:36 (Ref:4017783)   #8052
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I know current FE cars can drive the whole distance and drivers don't swap them. But still, FE is a marketing product and a technology tool for me, not an exciting motorsport so I'm not bothered to watch it.

Hopefully electric future doesn't mean the end of the road for motorsport such as BTCC.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 23:45 (Ref:4017785)   #8053
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well not sure how electric car racing will be in 10 years time but suspect i will not be that interested in it, plenty of classic racing to watch by then i hope
There is plenty now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I still won't contemplate watching Formula E until the bloody car can run race distance though. Changing car half way through, doh!
The last two seasons might be available on catch-up?

Old 19 Nov 2020, 10:58 (Ref:4017841)   #8054
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Ah, must have snoozed past that. Will watch the next one to see how it's evolved!
Old 20 Nov 2020, 02:13 (Ref:4017957)   #8055
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect you’ll still be underwhelmed. Hopefully not.

Mainly because I have too much sort to watch (even in lockdowns) I don’t really follow it. I like how they have make it city based.

/OT
Old 25 Nov 2020, 19:09 (Ref:4018755)   #8056
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Off the wall thought. The latest Motorsport Magazine hit the shelves today. A big article about BTCC Hybrid. There is a picture in the article of the layout of the battery etc. The picture shows an AmD Honda. Has Jake Hill been running the kit undercover for TOCA? May explain his reliability issues for a car that was right on it last year? .....
Old 25 Nov 2020, 19:16 (Ref:4018756)   #8057
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Off the wall thought. The latest Motorsport Magazine hit the shelves today. A big article about BTCC Hybrid. There is a picture in the article of the layout of the battery etc. The picture shows an AmD Honda. Has Jake Hill been running the kit undercover for TOCA? May explain his reliability issues for a car that was right on it last year? .....
No, he hasn't.
Old 25 Nov 2020, 19:26 (Ref:4018758)   #8058
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
This one?
Attached Thumbnails
hybridbtcc_07.jpg  
Old 25 Nov 2020, 19:50 (Ref:4018764)   #8059
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The TOCA hybrid is being tested in a Toyota, and was being driven by Darren Turner. See: https://www.racetechmag.com/2020/07/...c-track-debut/
Old 25 Nov 2020, 20:12 (Ref:4018767)   #8060
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Definitely not the case, sorry, but witness some of the many engine changes, definitely no other kit other than the usual.
Old 26 Nov 2020, 13:49 (Ref:4018858)   #8061
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Hill would have been disqualified from a few races too.
Old 9 Dec 2020, 21:01 (Ref:4021823)   #8062
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Review

If any of you like season reviews InsideBTCC is back https://issuu.com/store/publishers/i..._season_review

If you like the Chassis stats like I’d do (sorry geek mode), that will be following the review soon.