Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Jul 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4060390)   #3726
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
It was a tyre test rather than a general test - I don't know if that had any influence on the running? If they were there to test new slick compounds then there was no point running in the wet.
Or come to that take any notice of times. I assume there is no information about the tyres tested
Old 8 Jul 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4060411)   #3727
ScottS
Rookie

ScottS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Hybrid car is getting around. Tyre test for 2 days and then onto Goodwood.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210708_151824.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	69500

Name:	20210708_151826.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	69501

Name:	20210708_151829.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	69502
Old 8 Jul 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4060424)   #3728
Car 7
Rookie

Car 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a standard test with standard tyres slightly spoiled by the heavy showers that meant the track was changing all the time. Not much dry running but plenty of wet/intermediate runs. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the times as who knows what boost/weight etc teams were running. Having said that the Honda's were very quick!
Old 8 Jul 2021, 17:48 (Ref:4060434)   #3729
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car 7 View Post
It was a standard test with standard tyres slightly spoiled by the heavy showers that meant the track was changing all the time. Not much dry running but plenty of wet/intermediate runs. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the times as who knows what boost/weight etc teams were running. Having said that the Honda's were very quick!
Why is it called a tyre test and organised by Goodyear?
Old 8 Jul 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4060443)   #3730
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Why is it called a tyre test and organised by Goodyear?
Because they were official BTCC test days (driving counts towards driver registration requirements if needed) and Goodyear sponsor them?
Old 10 Jul 2021, 01:25 (Ref:4060574)   #3731
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i swear i heard Addison say on one of the FOS Corolla Hybrind clips that Crees was coming back to the BTCC. I don't know whether that is the actual BTCC or the TOCA package. I think the Covid restrictions are making it too difficult to travel with the supercup.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 05:41 (Ref:4060580)   #3732
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I don’t think the Renault Laguna ran at FOS, which is a shame. I saw it being pushed by some marshals and that was it.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 06:14 (Ref:4060583)   #3733
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I don’t think the Renault Laguna ran at FOS, which is a shame. I saw it being pushed by some marshals and that was it.
Which livery was it in?
Old 10 Jul 2021, 08:10 (Ref:4060598)   #3734
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It was on the timing sheets for Thurs and Fri morning practice runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Which livery was it in?
99 ex Plato car in Blend 37 livery.
David Addison has been posted pictures of various cars on Twitter - there's one of the Laguna from Thurs.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4060605)   #3735
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe they just didnt show it on the live feed. I scoured the video for it on youtube, but couldnt see it.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4060631)   #3736
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Running again today
Old 10 Jul 2021, 13:34 (Ref:4060632)   #3737
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRustyNail View Post
i swear i heard Addison say on one of the FOS Corolla Hybrind clips that Crees was coming back to the BTCC. I don't know whether that is the actual BTCC or the TOCA package. I think the Covid restrictions are making it too difficult to travel with the supercup.
Was that this year? In which case that would mean a return to HARD, and quite a disappointing one with the Gornall or Bushell rumours.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4060651)   #3738
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Which livery was it in?
It's the Mark Jones-owned Nescafe car.
Old 12 Jul 2021, 06:42 (Ref:4060800)   #3739
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Strangely, the news story about Gornall driving doesn't mention Bushell at all. https://www.team-hard.com/james-gorn...est-programme/
TouringCarTimes weekly newsletter roundup does mention Bushy as having apparently being offered a ride. Makes sense, TG will have pulled his little black book of race car drivers out and bashed the phone. I definitely would have phoned Bushy in his position.
Old 12 Jul 2021, 10:18 (Ref:4060816)   #3740
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
TouringCarTimes weekly newsletter roundup does mention Bushy as having apparently being offered a ride. Makes sense, TG will have pulled his little black book of race car drivers out and bashed the phone. I definitely would have phoned Bushy in his position.
Bushell posted on his personal FB the Monday after Brands saying that he had been offered a BTCC drive and would anyone be interested in sponsoring him. That's what kicked off all the speculation about who it was that was leaving back then.
Old 12 Jul 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4060834)   #3741
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He will be back one day I hope, but I hope he finds something in the meantime. He's done alright with the opportunities he has had so far
Old 22 Jul 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4062664)   #3742
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.btcc.net/2021/07/22/mitc...m-hard-racing/
Old 22 Jul 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4062721)   #3743
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Not bad, he's been quick any time I've seen him in anything. I would imagine he could drag that car out of the backmarking group.
Old 23 Jul 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4062870)   #3744
S griffin
Veteran

From what I’ve seen of him, he seems quite good. So he should no problem getting up to speed, even if he more used to GT racing
Old 26 Jul 2021, 21:43 (Ref:4063311)   #3745
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Not bad, he's been quick any time I've seen him in anything. I would imagine he could drag that car out of the backmarking group.
Hopefully he'll be keeping Goffy company once he's got a few miles under his belt
Old 29 Jul 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4063788)   #3746
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.autosport.com/supercars/...ments/6636935/ - It would be interesting if this came to pass.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4063940)   #3747
S griffin
Veteran

I'm sure Gow would do just a good job with the Supercar championship
Old 30 Jul 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4063948)   #3748
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually think the BTCC could do with Gow stepping away soon. Times move on and for a few years now the BTCC has been behind the times interaction wise. There's so much more the series could be doing social media wise, particularly on YouTube. 7 hour live broadcasts on ITV4 aren't the way you bring new fans in. The at the track experience is a bit better, excluding the last couple of years obviously, but even there there is so many easy things they could be doing that other series around the world have pioneered. The series just seems rather stuck in it's ways is all, which while it's still successful isn't really a big problem, just disappointing.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 11:04 (Ref:4063956)   #3749
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm sure Gow would do just a good job with the Supercar championship
I second that. I just hope whoever ends up succeeding him with regards to the BTCC will do a better job than Octagon did.
Old 30 Jul 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4063972)   #3750
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
I actually think the BTCC could do with Gow stepping away soon. Times move on and for a few years now the BTCC has been behind the times interaction wise. There's so much more the series could be doing social media wise, particularly on YouTube. 7 hour live broadcasts on ITV4 aren't the way you bring new fans in. The at the track experience is a bit better, excluding the last couple of years obviously, but even there there is so many easy things they could be doing that other series around the world have pioneered. The series just seems rather stuck in it's ways is all, which while it's still successful isn't really a big problem, just disappointing.
100% agree with this. Look at where F1 has gone without Bernie.