Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 14 Oct 2021, 17:52 (Ref:4078480)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuteZaek View Post
That's interesting, i think it's a good thing to base it on the existing chasis, the pickups work really well on the modified Torino base, but it sound kinda interim, specially since the "new structures" are coming sometime in the future since sometime in the past.

On another tune, the Ford chasis that is the only one based on the old structures because aventin doesn't seem too liked by the technical departament.
Do you mean they introduce totally new chassis and more modern looking bodies?
Old 14 Oct 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4078481)   #32
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!FIRE is going for a new lap record!
Will Renault rebrand Torino to Renault?
Does this open the door for more manufacturers?
Old 14 Oct 2021, 18:05 (Ref:4078484)   #33
TuteZaek
Rookie

TuteZaek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
This is BIG news!

If I understand correctly current cars are based (or at least some body shapes) on cars from the 70s. Does this mean the Toyota is based on the first generation of the Camry?

To be honest the shape of a 70s Carolla would make more sense:

Of course not, but that would be really nice.

The collective head banging and screaming in the argentine racing comunity is really amusing, most of them sound like never watched any form of racing. And then countless "TC must evolve it's dying" (how many categor?*es with 40+ cars per race are dying?) suddenly transformed on "this Will kill the TC!!!" It's weird
Old 14 Oct 2021, 18:26 (Ref:4078488)   #34
TuteZaek
Rookie

Quote:
Do you mean they introduce totally new chassis and more modern looking bodies?
The Camry for now, and will be an actual generation one, using a similar/based chasis to one of the actual structures in use (Dodge, Torino or Chevrolet only, the Ford one Is weird)
Jakos (Current chasis provider for the series) with imput from the ACTC Will make the first prototype and then the interested teams will have to buy the chasis, the same as the actual models.

The ACTC said that if there Is another brand interested they will allow it, in the same vein of Toyota, but it will not be open for private teams/individuals. So if Ford wants a Mustang, depending on the proyect, yes, but if "tutezaek racing" wants to race a Mustang TC without the Ford involvement, then the answer is no.

The Renault/Torino question... It's only Torino because the brand change from ika to Renault in it's moment i Guess.

The Renault Torino team works as a works team for Renault in the series, but, aside from branding, it's another normal team.
Toyota would be the same, from my undestanding, the cars/chasis will be Made by ACTC/Jakos and they'll buy them and race as a team.
On the other side, the Dole team (basically Jakos team) is the TGR representative on TC pickups, so, i suspect that they will be the ones racing them.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 02:03 (Ref:4078520)   #35
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is BIG news!

If I understand correctly current cars are based (or at least some body shapes) on cars from the 70s. Does this mean the Toyota is based on the first generation of the Camry?

To be honest the shape of a 70s Carolla would make more sense:

Those Toyota models were not sold in Argentina.
The Celica 79-81 was very sold in Argentina and would be the ideal model for the TC.

But I totally agree that they use a new model.
This already happened in the TC in the late 60's when the current cars replaced the old cupecitas !!!
https://www.solotc.com.ar/tc-toyota-...peiro-chevitu/
Old 15 Oct 2021, 02:09 (Ref:4078521)   #36
TuteZaek
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Those Toyota models were not sold in Argentina.
The Celica 79-81 was very sold in Argentina and would be the ideal model for the TC.

But I totally agree that they use a new model.
This already happened in the TC in the late 60's when the current cars replaced the old cupecitas !!!
https://www.solotc.com.ar/tc-toyota-...peiro-chevitu/
That Celica with the crazy Aero and fire spitting engines would be too much awesome for this world.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 02:18 (Ref:4078523)   #37
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuteZaek View Post
That Celica with the crazy Aero and fire spitting engines would be too much awesome for this world.
I love that Celica it was one of my favorite cars when I was a kid together with the Mazda RX7 first generation.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 04:20 (Ref:4078533)   #38
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Will Renault rebrand Torino to Renault?
Does this open the door for more manufacturers?
Renault will be suisida if it decides to eliminate Torino.
Torino is the iconic car of the Argentines !!!!
Torino won the 84 hours of Nurburgring 1969!!!!
Officially the Torino was fourth but but but ...... the Torino did 334 laps and the Lancia that won 332 then .......?
http://touringcarracing.net/Races/19...g%2084hrs.html

A Torino Champion again would be the best advertisement for Renault in Argentina.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Old 15 Oct 2021, 06:05 (Ref:4078541)   #39
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
If the Torino had been Lewis Hamilton, This car would have won the 84 hours of Nurburgring!!!!!!
Old 15 Oct 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4078580)   #40
TuteZaek
Rookie

Quote:
If the Torino had been Lewis Hamilton, This car would have won the 84 hours of Nurburgring!!!!!!
The Torino as a "winning racecar"in tc is More of an consequence of being a modern car, with more modern-ish engines and with factory support racing the (by the Time) old school cars than it's own qualities, when the other compacts entered the scene, Torino faded away quickly, but it's legend stood. Then the "all powefull" tornado engine showed it's age and peculiarities of design, it's a torquey truck engine, an old truck (for the time) engine, when speeds went up, the thing (long stroke engine) could not keep up with the others, same with the lazy slant 6's, so they were thrown away.

The 84hs were weird, the cars were not legal, weren't stock/factory cars, but then allowed to race, it's an all arround weird thing, and even then, it's not a widely known race outside of Argentina.

It has its épic, sure, and the quad round lights nose it's beauty personified, but the Torino it's not the ultimate racecar that it's said to be.
In fact, never understood the "with the tornado, it would won it all, so they changed it" coments, the Torino was dying because the damm engine couldn't race the others for power* on equivalent displacement! But then myths are myths.

*The piston speed needed for the rpm (and consequently, power) would be faster than the combustion part of the cycle of the engine, crashing with it's own explosion.

Last edited by TuteZaek; 15 Oct 2021 at 12:24.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4078602)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
As a non-Argentinian I have no emotional link with TC so I like the entry of Toyota. Also I am not against some modernization of the cars, including the body styles.

Are there any sketches in media how the Toyota possible will look like?
Old 15 Oct 2021, 16:44 (Ref:4078611)   #42
TuteZaek
Rookie

Quote:
As a non-Argentinian I have no emotional link with TC so I like the entry of Toyota. Also I am not against some modernization of the cars, including the body styles.

I'm waiting those too, i think next week will be fan art, and some of it will be somewhat clóse. And other will be pure fantasy.

If i have to guess on apeareance, the roofline will be kinda close to the street car, there will be side pontons, and the tail is going to be heavily modified for aero, the aproach could be either heavy downforce high drag to "unclean" the base aero of the modern shape, or low drag, low downforce and making the car penalize on corners, so an artificial Ford/Torino like, or a Dodge aproach, the car, naturally balanced should be like the Chevrolet, an allarounder, high speed cornering car, but much much better)
The nose it's the big big question, as as of now, there aré two diferent front designs homologated for the cars, and are free to use for all 4 brands, but, maybe Toyota would want an specific nose, for comercial reasons (the front of a TC Is the prime advertising space, so much that the drivers/teams fighted against puting the brand logo of the cars in front, and won) the category Is in position of making a credible front for the modern silhouettes, as demostrated by the pickups, and a blunter, shorter "streetcar" like nose could help to balance down the advantages of the modern shape against the heavy sculpted, long, and low, streamlined noses of the other cars. My money is on using the homologated front, but anything could happen.
The side and rear of the car would look crazy either way.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4078613)   #43
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:

These are some renders:

But I think that the Camry will use the original factory horn.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4078614)   #44
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!NaBUru38 has a real shot at the championship!
Let's wait for this guy: https://www.area75.com.ar/blog/
Old 15 Oct 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4078615)   #45
TuteZaek
Rookie

Quote:
These are some renders:

But I think that the Camry will use the original factory horn.
Faster than i thought, i like them.

Edit: If the thing looks like this, i love it