Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:45 (Ref:4037087)   #1126
Newall Andy
Rookie

Newall Andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just heard the MM is a no go this year ?

Andy.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4037091)   #1127
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Postponed to 16/17 October.

Quote:
Dear Competitor,

I hope you and your family are keeping safe and well.

In light of the most recent update from the UK Government we have taken the decision to postpone the 78th Members’ Meeting. The event will now take place over the weekend of 16-17 October 2021.

These new dates should see us clear of the vast majority of the necessary precautions that we have all had to live with this past year, meaning it should be a much more relaxed weekend for all. Our racing programme will remain as thrilling as ever, we’ll be able to welcome more of our friends from overseas, and with a greater freedom from restrictions our evening entertainment will be that much more enjoyable.

Rest assured your entry is secure and unchanged, and we very much hope you will be able to join us on the rescheduled dates. Please do let the Motorsport Content Team know if you are able to make it or if, for whatever reason, you are unable to join us in October via the 78th Members’ Meeting Competitors’ Portal (https://mmportal.goodwood.com/) using the log-in details previously sent to you.

Once logged in, please select “Rescheduled Entry Confirmation” on the left-hand side of the dashboard. If you have any issues accessing this, please contact the team by emailing competitors@goodwood.com. Following this, if you are able to attend, please continue with your form submissions. Any forms previously completed will be valid for the rescheduled date.

Thank you for your continued patience. While the need for another postponement of the event is disappointing, I truly believe it will be for the best. I do hope you’ll still be able to join us over the weekend of 16-17 October.

If you have any queries, please contact the Motorsport Content Team, who will be happy to help in any way they can.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 11:49 (Ref:4037117)   #1128
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Accommodation re booked -again . 'Away ' calendar filling up fast - at least 3 CSCC (Oulton . Knockhill and Cadwell - & Brands tempting ), HSCC Cadwell , Silverstone Classic and a shedload of localish stuff in Yorkshire .

Light ...tunnel ...
Old 27 Feb 2021, 10:02 (Ref:4037262)   #1129
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Postponed to 16/17 October.
2 weeks before the Historic TT??

Good month!!
Old 27 Feb 2021, 10:54 (Ref:4037282)   #1130
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Suddenly it's gonna be a busy month. Lucky people!
Old 27 Feb 2021, 10:58 (Ref:4037285)   #1131
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
2 weeks before the Historic TT??

Good month!!
It's the RAC Pall Mall Trophy and yes just two weeks before.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4037286)   #1132
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's the RAC Pall Mall Trophy and yes just two weeks before.
Hope to catch up somewhere Pete!!
Old 27 Feb 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4037292)   #1133
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup me too. Current plan is Donington Festival RAC Pall Mall with KC and the sunshine ban (Tim), MM, Spa 6hrs in Gilbert with MGDavid and Delta; and RAC Pall Mall at Silverstone. Not bad for an OAP!😄
Old 27 Feb 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4037297)   #1134
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Yup me too. Current plan is Donington Festival RAC Pall Mall with KC and the sunshine ban (Tim), MM, Spa 6hrs in Gilbert with MGDavid and Delta; and RAC Pall Mall at Silverstone. Not bad for an OAP!😄
Not bad at all!!! 😁
Old 3 Mar 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4038175)   #1135
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Not motorsport, but motoring...

The NEC Practical Classics Restoration Show scheduled for mid-June has been cancelled and will be another online event.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 23:23 (Ref:4038467)   #1136
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC have announced today that they have reached agreement with MSV that camping / motorhoming will be OK at Oulton on April 9 - and published a draft timetable and entry list for the 10th, and also claim that marshals should be entitled to book hotel accommodation as they are working at a permitted activity.....

Fingers crossed it goes ahead
Old 4 Mar 2021, 06:08 (Ref:4038507)   #1137
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ooh I wonder how they've managed that... hopefully that's rolled out further across the sport.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:51 (Ref:4038551)   #1138
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Seems the first race here will be Albi, 9/11 April, behind closed doors. I don't care that much because no car ready yet and absolutely no will to drive across France with my trailer for two times 25' of race. Getting old or having other priorities or both?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 22:13 (Ref:4038797)   #1139
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Seems the first race here will be Albi, 9/11 April, behind closed doors. I don't care that much because no car ready yet and absolutely no will to drive across France with my trailer for two times 25' of race. Getting old or having other priorities or both?
Getting older!!

I never used to think twice about driving hundreds of miles in a day for work reasons or to attend events.

Different now, it often hinges on the weather or if I can 'be arsed'!!
Old 5 Mar 2021, 06:44 (Ref:4038839)   #1140
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
After some disappointments in the recent years, I decided to act as a consumer and not as an hostage of my own passion. Different point of view. I've been interested in reading Max important post (at least for me) few pages before.
Racing was a passion. Now its a pleasure and should remain as such. No more championship.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 08:29 (Ref:4038847)   #1141
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I recall back in the day when I was sponsored. I loved the racing but the pressure of making the sponsor happy took the edge off. We had some success at our level so I can't complain, only my work stopped us winning that particular championship, but although it costs serious dosh, being self sufficient does mean we can enjoy events without any pressure.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4038881)   #1142
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes, race by race, no pressure, no worry about the championship classification. Its the good idea Iberian Historic Endurance brought years ago. The byword is Relaxed Historic Racing, seems it works fine. Pleasure only, much less hassle.
We're not talking about world championship, are we?
Old 5 Mar 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4038884)   #1143
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well at the time I just missed the phone call from Ron Dennis.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 12:01 (Ref:4038885)   #1144
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I came to the realisation very soon after I moved from rallying to the racing world in my late 50s that I was never going to be a world champion, but the odd pot won for a class position every other season or so still gives a frisson of pleasure totally out of proportion to the achievement

For us, racing is an opportunity to get a rare buzz from the need to be, for 20 minutes or so, totally focussed on the task in hand (and of course to try to be faster than your team-mate / car-sharer ), as part of a weekend meeting up with congenial friends. Its just as well we still don't know what we want to be when we grow up, so can enjoy the playing
Old 5 Mar 2021, 12:21 (Ref:4038901)   #1145
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Well at the time I just missed the phone call from Ron Dennis.
Ron??? Dont tell me about, he speaks with a tough accent, yes? In bad french we say: "Si j'avais dû être champion du monde ça se saurait ou alors c'est bien dommage!"

As you Richard, I dont take myself too seriously but I'm serious about my pleasure. When driving a L'Tina I never thought about Jim Clark and my team mate at Le Castellet was no other than Simon Hadfield…This keeps you busy at wheel, fully focused on the task and helps to be humble. Same car, same track, same tires, same day, good or bad, no excuse!
Old 5 Mar 2021, 12:34 (Ref:4038906)   #1146
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I realised pretty quickly that I was a 13 handicap golfer and a 24 handicap (or worse) racing driver! and probably far better as a committee member/ series or team co-ordinator than driver!
Still enjoy it though. Even at the “gentlemanly end of the grid”.
And far better going to work on a Monday and when someone asks if you had a good weekend and you say, “yeah, raced at Brands Hatch” than saying, “yeah, mowed the lawn and planted the beans”!
Old 5 Mar 2021, 12:45 (Ref:4038913)   #1147
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
And far better going to work on a Monday and when someone asks if you had a good weekend and you say, “yeah, raced at Brands Hatch” than saying, “yeah, mowed the lawn and planted the beans”!
Try long distance enduro and you'll see that not only Mondays are nice but Thursdays too.
In my case could have been "planted the beans at Siverstone"!
Old 5 Mar 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4038925)   #1148
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Try long distance enduro and you'll see that not only Mondays are nice but Thursdays too.
In my case could have been "planted the beans at Siverstone"!
Of course, I have mowed the grass a few times at Brands, too. And ploughed a few furrows in the odd gravel trap!!!
Old 5 Mar 2021, 13:58 (Ref:4038938)   #1149
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I had a moment at Bugatti track (2007 may be) when asking during the briefing to the CoC why some wooden stakes were planted so close to the kerbs at the exit of La Chapelle… After a long silence, one of my mate just said "But Gérard, they are several meters outside…" After triple check, found it was true, but oversteering ya no, sir… Same thing at Spa ten years later, just at the entry of Blanchimont!
Old 5 Mar 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4038982)   #1150
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSV circuits update https://news.msv.com/statement-5-mar...jgN8ZxD-_u8d3I