Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 26 Feb 2021, 08:05 (Ref:4037062)   #5426
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Haas F1 sold both seats for big money for this year, not just one.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 12:43 (Ref:4037131)   #5427
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Haas desperately needed the money and while it's nice to have a rookies joining, especially with limited seats, I am sure they would have preferred if they had a more experienced driver in one of the seats. But anyway moving on
Old 26 Feb 2021, 17:16 (Ref:4037175)   #5428
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
...I wonder how this venue might be used by the three big annual events on the grounds (Honda Indy Toronto, Canadian National Exhibition, and the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair)...
In reading some other comments and articles in the last couple of days, it's starting to sound like all of this was just a bunch of noise about nothing, and should have been ignored. They made some renderings to show off and get attention, but otherwise, as in the CityNews article you linked, they say they have $80 million to build something that will cost $500 million. They'll probably be told to get lost and don't come back until you've found all the money for something you can build.

Last edited by HighParker; 26 Feb 2021 at 17:23.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 20:50 (Ref:4037227)   #5429
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I've referred to him as Monsieur Crashie for years, but this is a bit extreme dontcha think?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/39466/...ow-or-his-kids
It makes sense a bit but does seem knee-jerk so soon. Honestly given Haas and his time with Grosjean I would give him a bit of slack in pulling funding. But wait a bit and consider it, or amend it to a limited program.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4037312)   #5430
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Haas F1 sold both seats for big money for this year, not just one.
We don't know when "The Race" interviewed Romain. Perhaps at the time of writing it was only Mazepin? I don't remember the timeline of the whole deal.......

jimclark
Old 27 Feb 2021, 15:15 (Ref:4037321)   #5431
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
SPAM have unveiled their new liveries and very nice they look too.

Old 27 Feb 2021, 17:07 (Ref:4037334)   #5432
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Exceptional Liveries, especially Pato's. I've loved their livery design since the hopped into Indycar, very evocative of the fantastic 2000-2002 Arrows colors.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 21:49 (Ref:4037485)   #5433
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much better than last year, particularly the one with blue. Last year's had so little that it looked out of place - much better integrated into the black/orange palette this time around.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 21:52 (Ref:4037486)   #5434
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighParker View Post
In reading some other comments and articles in the last couple of days, it's starting to sound like all of this was just a bunch of noise about nothing, and should have been ignored. They made some renderings to show off and get attention, but otherwise, as in the CityNews article you linked, they say they have $80 million to build something that will cost $500 million. They'll probably be told to get lost and don't come back until you've found all the money for something you can build.
From my perspective, that might be the best outcome. No disrespect to the eSports community, but I'm not sure such a facility is really needed in Toronto at this point - and if it is, I'd rather see it built somewhere else (he said in his best selfish-motorsport-fan voice).
Old 1 Mar 2021, 10:52 (Ref:4037573)   #5435
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't think it's really needed either. There are plenty of other places they can go.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4038368)   #5436
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
O’Ward tops testing at Laguna Seca,

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...-test/5540709/
Old 3 Mar 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4038394)   #5437
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
O’Ward tops testing at Laguna Seca,

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...-test/5540709/
I know it is just a test, but it has to feel good topping that list. And Ed Jones has to be pretty happy. Mr Grosjean got himself up in to third too!
Old 3 Mar 2021, 20:12 (Ref:4038449)   #5438
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I know it is just a test, but it has to feel good topping that list. And Ed Jones has to be pretty happy. Mr Grosjean got himself up in to third too!
Just testing.

But yeah, that's nice to see that Romain is at least up to "pace".
Old 3 Mar 2021, 21:00 (Ref:4038451)   #5439
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Just testing.

But yeah, that's nice to see that Romain is at least up to "pace".
I’ve no idea how he’s going to get on, but nobody should be in any doubt that Bigjohn Grosjean is a seriously, seriously rapid driver.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4038670)   #5440
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
NBC announce 2021 schedule.

https://racer.com/2021/03/03/indycar...cast-schedule/
Old 4 Mar 2021, 21:14 (Ref:4038774)   #5441
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Both Michael Schumacher and Paul Page have been elected to the IMS Hall of Fame.

https://www.indianapolismotorspeedwa...pNTRjCD3DUbqWA
Old 4 Mar 2021, 22:28 (Ref:4038800)   #5442
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Is it still going to be shown on SkysportsF1 channel this year?
Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4038963)   #5443
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Is it still going to be shown on SkysportsF1 channel this year?

Sky signed a multi-year deal with IMS in 2019, when Mark Miles was CEO of Hulman & Company, before Roger Penske bought up IMS. I haven't heard or read anything to say that's changed. Interesting to note, both NBC and Sky are owned by Comcast.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 23:53 (Ref:4039106)   #5444
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sky signed a multi-year deal with IMS in 2019, when Mark Miles was CEO of Hulman & Company, before Roger Penske bought up IMS. I haven't heard or read anything to say that's changed. Interesting to note, both NBC and Sky are owned by Comcast.
Yes, interesting indeed. Thanks for the reply.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4039148)   #5445
S griffin
Veteran

Shame Indycar doesn't get big exposure over here. If only they could get a top GP star in the series
Old 6 Mar 2021, 11:07 (Ref:4039166)   #5446
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Shame Indycar doesn't get big exposure over here. If only they could get a top GP star in the series
I'm not sure much would change - other than it being a short flash in the pan for UK audiences. There is already a healthy representation of drivers who have been in F1 (I'm assuming that is what you mean by GP) competing in the series, and the UK has been represented regularly - but UK audiences on the whole are not interested.

For the majority of UK TV audiences, there are three types of racing:
F1 - everything else open-wheel is seen as less important.
BTCC - everything else with a roof is too long/lacks characters/lower quality.
Rallying - cars look impressive for a few moments, but when they realise the only way to keep track of the action is through timing screens, and there is no wheel-to-wheel action, it gets repetitive to watch.

Trying to get UK TV audiences interested in yet another form of Motorsport is difficult enough - add into that the fact that it is a foreign series, looks like F1 and is not forward looking in terms of technology and your potential audience is very limited. It's hard enough to retain enough enthusiasm for F1 alone; diluting the mainstream TV market would hinder, rather then enhance, the Motorsport offering in the UK I feel.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4039238)   #5447
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
In Hispanic America, IndyCar airs on video streaming service Claro Video. It's only available for Claro phone users, and it requires an extra season pass. I tried to buy it last year and the website failed...
Old 6 Mar 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4039241)   #5448
S griffin
Veteran

Online watching is not for everyone. But at least it’s better than no Indycar coverage. Hope you sort the website issues out
Old 8 Mar 2021, 19:52 (Ref:4039713)   #5449
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
From my perspective, that might be the best outcome. No disrespect to the eSports community, but I'm not sure such a facility is really needed in Toronto at this point - and if it is, I'd rather see it built somewhere else (he said in his best selfish-motorsport-fan voice).
The province of Ontario has apparently been pondering plans for the last two or three years regarding what will happen just across the road at Ontario Place, and it could also involve Exhibition Place, if the only plan anyone has seen is realistic and has the money behind it. If the trade centre was to be expanded out to be almost beside the football stadium, and the parking lot that's used for the vendor (Thunder Alley) area, support races paddock, etc., gets turned into underground parking with buildings and other things on top of it, there might not be much room left for the race.
https://theperfectcity.ca/wp-content...March-2019.pdf
Supposedly "the province will be sharing more news in the spring about plans for the redevelopment".
Old 11 Mar 2021, 12:53 (Ref:4039835)   #5450
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Hélio Castroneves spoke about his third Indy 500 win.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...0-win/5672454/