Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Feb 2021, 10:45 (Ref:4037275)   #576
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm so glad the car has run trouble free so far, bodes well for the year ahead, especially Le Mans. Can't wait for it to race for the first time
Old 27 Feb 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4037319)   #577
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm so glad the car has run trouble free so far, bodes well for the year ahead, especially Le Mans. Can't wait for it to race for the first time
https://twitter.com/romaindumas/status/1365335799957491712?s=21
Old 28 Feb 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4037443)   #578
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
100 laps on day 2. Good going.

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...-hypercar-test
Old 28 Feb 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4037463)   #579
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont know if it will win races but for sure it looks great. Amazing achievement by everyone involved just to get this far.
Old 28 Feb 2021, 18:08 (Ref:4037464)   #580
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think getting it to Le Mans will be an achievement in itself, but let’s hope it’s get a decent result too. Still amazed how far this has come
Old 28 Feb 2021, 20:31 (Ref:4037476)   #581
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reliability sound proven - now we just need speed indications
Old 28 Feb 2021, 22:31 (Ref:4037493)   #582
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Reliability sound proven - now we just need speed indications
A F1 car holds the lap record at Vallelunga. We're weren't quite able to break it.
We were only running at 60% throttle. After Monza aero tests we'll go back to Vallelunga and I'll join. I plan to have a go. You never know...
Old 28 Feb 2021, 22:35 (Ref:4037496)   #583
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
A F1 car holds the lap record at Vallelunga. We're weren't quite able to break it.
We were only running at 60% throttle. After Monza aero tests we'll go back to Vallelunga and I'll join. I plan to have a go. You never know...
Toyota GR010? LMP2 cars? Nope..compare us to the F1 guys. That's the way to do it!
Old 1 Mar 2021, 06:49 (Ref:4037535)   #584
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sounds really interesting
Old 1 Mar 2021, 10:43 (Ref:4037570)   #585
S griffin
Veteran

Maybe an F1 car lap record is a little too high, although it depends when it was set
Old 1 Mar 2021, 11:46 (Ref:4037580)   #586
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to wikipedia (not gospel, I know) it's one of those single seaters they ran with football/soccer team branding on them. I think they were 700ish horsepower V8s?
Old 1 Mar 2021, 11:57 (Ref:4037585)   #587
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Maybe an F1 car lap record is a little too high, although it depends when it was set
It was Anthony Davidson at 1m12.80s in a Honda RA 106s, set during testing.

Although there are many factors to consider if there is any real comparison to make. The racing lap time record is 1m23.48s in a Superleague Formula.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4037643)   #588
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It was Anthony Davidson at 1m12.80s in a Honda RA 106s, set during testing.

Although there are many factors to consider if there is any real comparison to make. The racing lap time record is 1m23.48s in a Superleague Formula.
We're somewhere between that now. That said at Le Mans all LMH will be at 3:30 during the race.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 12:22 (Ref:4038238)   #589
Napolis
Veteran

If you open in chrome will translate.
Interesting that due to weight LMH are more GT1 than LMP1.
https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/fr...cette-voiture/
Old 3 Mar 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4038241)   #590
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Or dare I say it... Old Daytona Prototypes...
Old 3 Mar 2021, 13:09 (Ref:4038269)   #591
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Wash your mouth out........
Old 3 Mar 2021, 17:54 (Ref:4038388)   #592
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I wonder if we are going to see a new style of driving in the hypercar class compared to what we are used to seeing. The previous gen P1 cars had a fairly easy time passing everything else due to their greater straightline and cornering speeds. I'm thinking of how hypercar interacts with P2 on track could be something different that we haven't been seeing lately. But I have no clue what that will look like!

Quote:
Old 3 Mar 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4038411)   #593
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Wash your mouth out........
Well Corvette DP was pretty cool. I wonder if this Glickenhaus in theory can go without the shark fin? I am hoping that with LMH and LMDH they will have at least be less of a presence that with the LMP cars.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4038419)   #594
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Well Corvette DP was pretty cool. I wonder if this Glickenhaus in theory can go without the shark fin? I am hoping that with LMH and LMDH they will have at least be less of a presence that with the LMP cars.
It has a big fin.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4038439)   #595
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wonder if we are going to see a new style of driving in the hypercar class compared to what we are used to seeing. The previous gen P1 cars had a fairly easy time passing everything else due to their greater straightline and cornering speeds. I'm thinking of how hypercar interacts with P2 on track could be something different that we haven't been seeing lately. But I have no clue what that will look like!
In the launch video for the Toyota Buemi said they have had to change their driving style because they no longer have to save fuel. I guess he meant no more lift and coast. Not sure why. Maybe because the battery capacity is much lower so it can recharge in a shorter braking distance?
The P2s will be slower too with a 30kW power cut but they do weigh 100kg less too. Could get tricky.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 02:05 (Ref:4038488)   #596
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
In the launch video for the Toyota Buemi said they have had to change their driving style because they no longer have to save fuel. I guess he meant no more lift and coast. Not sure why. Maybe because the battery capacity is much lower so it can recharge in a shorter braking distance?
The P2s will be slower too with a 30kW power cut but they do weigh 100kg less too. Could get tricky.
Lift and coast was mostly to meet the fuel flow requirements. Im thinking the hypercars have good top speed with the amount of power they have on tap at all times. Braking distaces maybe are longer but theyll slow from top speed instead. That will be great to see again!
Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4038550)   #597
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Talking of P2, what laptime are ACO aiming for with them? With LMH being a 3:30 (which I think is currently about what P2 are doing) then surely slowing P2 is going to mean a need to slow GTE too or end up with traffic being a lot more awkward?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 11:58 (Ref:4038577)   #598
Napolis
Veteran

Monza today
Goodwood Festival of speed in July
Le Mans in August.<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=476&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjames.glickenhaus%2Fvideos%2F101588265591 87348%2F&show_text=false&width=269" width="269" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
Old 4 Mar 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4038598)   #599
S griffin
Veteran

Great choices to get some more running. And with Le Mans likely to be put back, gives you even more time to prepare
Old 4 Mar 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4038599)   #600
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Monza today
Goodwood Festival of speed in July
Le Mans in August.<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=476&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjames.glickenhaus%2Fvideos%2F101588265591 87348%2F&show_text=false&width=269" width="269" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
I can't get this link to work, but I have seen what I suspect is the footage on FB....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wecg...5563654429143/