Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4075650)   #76
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
That is all he said, that they weren't all happy campers, and didn't expand on it.

Further to this, O'Neill seemed to go out of his was earlier this morning to say that Sutton and Moffat are really good friends and had a good relationship. Would seem to be borne out by Sutton being able to take 4th spot from Moffat almost on the line in Race 2.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4075651)   #77
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
no decision on Cooky yet if he will be DQ a very big blow to his title chances
He's been excluded.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4075652)   #78
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Shedden proving he's the biggest ****** on the grid yet again.

If you watched the replay, you will see that Sheddon's front wheels were alongside the front door of Edwards' car but she just closed the gap. Sheddon had not choice but to take to the grass on the inside of the corner whilst Edwards continued to turn in to him, and it was at that point that they touched.

I'm sorry, but, in my opinion, that was down to Edwards and very poor situation awareness.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:20 (Ref:4075653)   #79
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see Jordan in the hybrid car claimed fastest lap overall in race 2. I know he is invisible regarding the results but it does show the cars should be faster next year.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4075654)   #80
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you watched the replay, you will see that Sheddon's front wheels were alongside the front door of Edwards' car but she just closed the gap. Sheddon had not choice but to take to the grass on the inside of the corner whilst Edwards continued to turn in to him, and it was at that point that they touched.

I'm sorry, but, in my opinion, that was down to Edwards and very poor situation awareness.
As someone who was sat in Woodcote, Jade Edwards was pushing another car off and turning in 3 times before she exited stage left. I assume this other car is Shedden based on comments on here, but looked deliberately trying to crowd a car off the track multiple times and to push them down the pit lane. I would imagine a trip to the bus would yield a firm telling off, but Gow may just go, well she's at the back anyway so what difference does it make.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4075655)   #81
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Certainly think it was her fault at Thruxton, shocked that Shedden got the penalty. Can't really tell from the angle shown here but I wouldn't be surprised if this was true. Not that I'm trying to defend Shedden of course.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4075657)   #82
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Again the rules proving to be BS. Firstly with passing under yellow flags today and now disqualifying Cook for a ride height infringement which was clearly a splitter that was battered by his trip across the grass. So much the past few seasons has made me question whether I even enjoy watching btcc at the moment and the past 2 seasons I really haven't because of stupid decisions made by stewards.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4075658)   #83
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
He's been excluded.
The roller system is a joke. Then again, it was probably the last-lap tobogganing across the grass of his own doing that did it.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4075659)   #84
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
The roller system is a joke. Then again, it was probably the last-lap tobogganing across the grass of his own doing that did it.
But how exactly does a broken splitter equate to ride height infringement its ridiculous. They need a new set of stewards in this series
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4075660)   #85
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
But how exactly does a broken splitter equate to ride height infringement its ridiculous. They need a new set of stewards in this series
Is there any evidence of splitter damage. The coverage on the TV didn't seem like obvious damage.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4075661)   #86
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the updated standings , looks like it's over for Cook and possibly Hill

Sutton 270
Tingram 245
Turkington 237
Hill 225
Cook 222
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4075663)   #87
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched the Butcher/Ingram overtake. Having been on the same flag point on many occasions, he passed Ingram before the flag - and if he hadn't, the observer/post chief there would have reported it.

Reports on overtakes under yellow are most often treated as a simple slam dunk. They either are in the yellow flag zone or they're not, and my experience of that bit of track tells me that they weren't until immediately after the overtake.

Prime cheeky pass, IMO.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4075665)   #88
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This F4 race has been crazy, so much contact. Cars look decent without a rear wing tho..
Old 26 Sep 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4075669)   #89
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Idiot in the team clothing in the paddock, on the phone, wandering around behind O'Neill in the studio. You knew the "Hello Mum, I'm on the telly" wave was coming.

A fine example of why some people shouldn't be allowed in the paddock.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4075670)   #90
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I watched the Butcher/Ingram overtake. Having been on the same flag point on many occasions, he passed Ingram before the flag - and if he hadn't, the observer/post chief there would have reported it.

Reports on overtakes under yellow are most often treated as a simple slam dunk. They either are in the yellow flag zone or they're not, and my experience of that bit of track tells me that they weren't until immediately after the overtake.

Prime cheeky pass, IMO.
Agreed but I think it was a lot of luck on Butchers part as he seemed totally unaware that there was a yellow flag out from his body language in the post race interview.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 16:21 (Ref:4075671)   #91
mark_l
Veteran

England
Andy Neate has been given a written reprimand and 2 penalty points for an altercation with the father of another competitor.

The stewards heard from Andy Neate (Driver) Malcolm Swetnam (Team Manager) Russell Morgan (Father of Adam Morgan) Jake Southcombe (Marshal)

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...s-Decision.pdf
Old 26 Sep 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4075672)   #92
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Andy Neate has been given a written reprimand and 2 penalty points for an altercation with the father of another competitor.

The stewards heard from Andy Neate (Driver) Malcolm Swetnam (Team Manager) Russell Morgan (Father of Adam Morgan) Jake Southcombe (Marshal)

Bloke just needs banning for good.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4075673)   #93
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sooner Sutton moves on the better imo, guys levels above anyone else. He just cannot be stopped
Old 26 Sep 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4075674)   #94
mark_l
Veteran

England
Jade Edwards has been given an official reprimand and 2 penalty points for causing a collision in race 2.

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...de-Edwards.pdf
Old 26 Sep 2021, 16:40 (Ref:4075677)   #95
mark_l
Veteran

England
BTC Racing will have to appeal to Motorsport UK against the finding of the eligibility scrutineer, who is deemed a judge of fact.

I understand they cannot appeal the finding of the judge of fact but show that damage caused the failure and because of that the penalty is excessive.

I doubt the appeal (if it goes ahead) will be heard by Motorsport UK before the end of the BTCC season.

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...BTC-Racing.pdf
Old 26 Sep 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4075678)   #96
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Sooner Sutton moves on the better imo, guys levels above anyone else. He just cannot be stopped
Makes it boring to watch.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 16:44 (Ref:4075679)   #97
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post

Wow. Not content enough with harpooning Boardley?
Old 26 Sep 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4075680)   #98
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Reckon it'll be an easy win for Hill in R3... would love to see Smiley on the podium.
Close!
Old 26 Sep 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4075681)   #99
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
As someone who was sat in Woodcote, Jade Edwards was pushing another car off and turning in 3 times before she exited stage left. I assume this other car is Shedden based on comments on here, but looked deliberately trying to crowd a car off the track multiple times and to push them down the pit lane. I would imagine a trip to the bus would yield a firm telling off, but Gow may just go, well she's at the back anyway so what difference does it make.
What I saw from my seat was Shedden pushing to pass Edwards at Luffield which she was obviously not happy about and tried to use a similar bit of force to stay ahead. Shame that she came off worse but pleased no one else was collected
Old 26 Sep 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4075682)   #100
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
guess Sutton might effectively crowned champion at Donington , the real fight wil be for 2nd

Sutton 286

Tingram 249
Hill 247
Turkington 246

Cook 222