Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Oct 2001, 08:41 (Ref:156613)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Team Kiwi Out !!!!!

Just watched sports tonite and in final practise team Kiwi have destroyed their Commodore at the end of mountain straight ..not sure who was driving the car at the time but the car is very badly damaged and i doubt wether they will make the start tomorrow.

what a huge blow for Angus and Jason and the whole Team Kiwi squad...and of course their ever growing leagues of fans.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 10:17 (Ref:156646)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Im gonna try an upload a picture of the wrecked commodore..fingers crossed
Attached Thumbnails
kiwi.jpg  
Old 6 Oct 2001, 10:19 (Ref:156647)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
excellent it worked..as you can see it is fairly stuffed in the rear end..i dont think they can fix that ..not even the TAFE boys could.

bad luck boys
Old 6 Oct 2001, 10:31 (Ref:156655)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fogg was driving at the time...

Wow...the TAFE boy's will give it a crack, it'll get close to the grid, but it wont be pretty.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 11:49 (Ref:156683)   #5
Michael H
Racer

Michael H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel very sorry for the team. They deserve better.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 11:53 (Ref:156685)   #6
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't share marcus' optimism about the TAFE crew - I saw the Mercedes in 1987 - and that was a lot worse than that - they had it ready - only by 30 minutes mind you - but they got it done (even to the point of being able to get supposed 'confidential' drawings of the car even the team didn't have!!!)

Providing the car isn't actually bent - it will probably be there.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 12:00 (Ref:156689)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember 94 when Lowndes then Gardner crashed in the Sunday warm up?

Even if the rails are bent, they whack them into some sort of shape and fill the boot up with bog

Word going round though is that Angus is feeling a bit worse for wear though....
Old 6 Oct 2001, 12:17 (Ref:156693)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
well I do hope that they can fix it and I hope Angus is feeling up to driving...what happens if the car is fixed , they are all ready to go but Angus is not fit enough to drive ???

would they pull out or could they grab a ringer from say the Konica series or something???

and would they want to do that ?

fingers crossed that they make it.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 00:52 (Ref:156916)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
great effort..they made it.

they started from pitlane but they made it...must have a heck of a night and I must say i didnt think they would but full credit to them..I hope they get rewarded with a good result for their efforts
Old 9 Oct 2001, 02:35 (Ref:157869)   #10
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Someone should have called me, I knew all the goss about it.

Fogg was driving, he ran a little wide onto the marbles at the kink before the cutting. He was checked out at the hospital, and as is rather obvious now, he was cleared to race (this was known Saturday night though). The car was crashed after the chequered flag came out, I heard. The TAFE team put in a great effort to fix the car in time. It was wheeled, without fuel tank, to the TKR garage at 8am Sunday.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 10:03 (Ref:157940)   #11
Accee
Rookie

Accee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in the pit area late on Sat night and TKR were waiting for the car to return to them...must have had a long night waiting if they didnt get it til 8am.
Old 9 Oct 2001, 11:39 (Ref:157971)   #12
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They probably did some work while at the TAFE garage, though how much I don't know. The TAFE guys were hoping to get the car to them by 5am.