Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli wins at Monaco

WAHEY
Old 23 May 2004, 14:06 (Ref:979901)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So happy for him.....great, controlled drive and a monkey off his back.
Old 23 May 2004, 14:07 (Ref:979903)   #3
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Damn well done Jarno and Jenson. That was a genuinely entertaining Grand Prix.
Old 23 May 2004, 14:07 (Ref:979904)   #4
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trulli won?

Old 23 May 2004, 14:08 (Ref:979907)   #5
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
congrats . he deserved it

Ciao Marco
Old 23 May 2004, 14:11 (Ref:979913)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bloody fantastic race
Old 23 May 2004, 14:14 (Ref:979918)   #7
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anybody predicted this?
Old 23 May 2004, 14:15 (Ref:979919)   #8
Jaxs
Racer

Jaxs has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As Damon said:
That was a genuinely entertaining Grand Prix.

I'll second that.
Old 23 May 2004, 14:15 (Ref:979920)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great win for Trulli..really deserved it!

And even if Button win, it would be equally deserved! So well done to them too...

And it makes it even more pleasing knowing you've lapped the lead Williams and open a 1min gap to a Ferrari.. Well done!
Old 23 May 2004, 14:17 (Ref:979924)   #10
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
fantastic stuff!...well done to both jarno and jenson...what stirring drives by both of them....great race.....all the superlatives apply...bonehead move of the race to alonso.....
Old 23 May 2004, 14:18 (Ref:979927)   #11
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats JT!! I once felt he was the most unlucky driver in F1. I am happy for him. JB put in a solid drive too but the Renaults were too fast today.
Old 23 May 2004, 14:25 (Ref:979943)   #12
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You see? Take the Ferraris out of the occasion, and we have several evenly-matched teams gunning for top position. BAR, Renault, Williams, and even McLaren (excepting engine woes) are all running at the same pace now, as a result of a fierce offseason program. Too bad the two red cars just happened to set the bar one notch higher. Hopefully Michael's error will spark some sort of chain reaction of bad luck for him, with the next series of races so close in succession.
Old 23 May 2004, 14:28 (Ref:979948)   #13
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
So happy for him.....great, controlled drive and a monkey off his back.
I've seen less monkeys in a zoo then appear to be on F1 drivers backs.

Congrats Jano
Old 23 May 2004, 14:33 (Ref:979957)   #14
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I predicted a Trulli win before the season started, but Monaco? Err no.

But of all the races to have in the bag, this is the one. he lookesd brilliant and it just might prove to be the one thing he needed to establish his form from karting.
Old 23 May 2004, 14:34 (Ref:979958)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic for Jarno!!! well deserved win... and finally an exciting GP!!
Old 23 May 2004, 14:35 (Ref:979962)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope Mosely saw the final few laps... this is what we want happening more often in F1... fantastic driver from Jenson as well!!
Old 23 May 2004, 14:37 (Ref:979966)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally posted by 300kph
Did anybody predicted this?
in the prediction competition only 1 guy predicted a Trulli pole and win... and another guy predicted a Trulli pole but not a win... hope that answers your question..
Old 23 May 2004, 14:46 (Ref:979988)   #18
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Amen to all that's been said.
And what's better is that, in my honest opinion, Trulli would still have won even if Michael had not retired.
Great drives from both the top two, great race in general. Makes it for not being at Snetterton
Old 23 May 2004, 14:54 (Ref:980009)   #19
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
And what's better is that, in my honest opinion, Trulli would still have won even if Michael had not retired.
Maybe so, but you had to be getting alittle nervous when Michael really started pouring it on! It could really have been some finish if Michael didn't have that mishap in the tunnel.

Good work Jarno and Jenson!

Danica Patrick
Old 23 May 2004, 15:52 (Ref:980111)   #20
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher still had to pit, while both Trulli and Button had made their final stops. At best Michael would have finished third IMO. To bad for MS's accident, it would have been great for Trulli to win with Michael still on track. Absolutely fantastic race though and what a classic way for Jarno to win his first one. He's always been brilliantly quick at Monaco and now that speed has payed off.
Jenson was quite quick today as well, but if weren't for the backmarkers he would never have been that close in the end.
Genuinely happy for Jarno, the driver of the race. Beating the dominating Ferrari's on pace. A classic GP.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 23 May 2004, 15:55 (Ref:980116)   #21
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once Ferrari made the decision not to pit under the Safety Car their chances of victory dissapeared. A great effort by both Trulli & Button to both keep their composure until the finish & making it easily the best race of the year to date.
Old 23 May 2004, 17:57 (Ref:980236)   #22
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant stuff!! Congrats to Jarno and Jenson.

It was a race full of incident and problems for many.

Trulli and Button were out of the problem areas, kept their respective 'cool' and got on with the job.

I wanted Jenson to win 'cos he comes from the next county to me and he's English and he's such an improving driver, and he's working hard and, ah well! he'll get there soon enough.

Well done both of them.
Old 23 May 2004, 18:27 (Ref:980256)   #23
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
Amen to all that's been said.
Great drives from both the top two, great race in general. Makes it for not being at Snetterton
Well said Mr. A, except I would substitute Mount Tremblant.(Rolex series outing.) for Snetterton.

The best race of the last two years at least, maybe longer.

Old 23 May 2004, 18:43 (Ref:980271)   #24
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great race!

- lot's of drama
- strange incidents
- exciting and close finish
- Trulli gets his first win

I hope the rest of them are like this...
Old 23 May 2004, 19:09 (Ref:980289)   #25
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hope so. Doubt it though. Monaco occassionally can shine through, but no one's done anything to put themselves in a position to beat Schumacher yet. Incidents and the like are all that stopped him winning today, from Sato's start, two safety cars, the bad pit strategy - to the crash with Montoya obviously.

Still, congratuations to Trulli for sticking it to them. Here's to Renault to take 2nd overall.

Barrichello is actually having his best season on the quiet. Just keeping out of the way and consistently scoring. With the 10-8-6...system he's still scoring well and still within shooting distance of Michael, despite being completely unmemorable in his performances. (I don't even remember seeing his car today).