Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 22 Oct 2007, 16:18 (Ref:2048108)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jackie Stewart Scotland tour - "Winning is not Enough"

Hi folks!

Jackie Stewart will be on tour promoting his new book and talking about his career. Two dates (all I could find) are as follows:

Oct 23 - Aberdeen Music Hall
http://www.musichallaberdeen.com/MoreInfo.php?e=2436

Oct 24 - Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
http://www.list.co.uk/event/153468-c...ackie-stewart/

I have no idea where else he is touring (on the hunt for you guys right now!) but you could always check listings in your local area and post them here!
Old 22 Oct 2007, 16:31 (Ref:2048117)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll have to double post since I can't edit now. Here is another one:

24 Oct (same day as previous) Borders Books, Buchanan Street, Glasgow 6pm
http://www.list.co.uk/event/153707-jackie-stewart/
Old 22 Oct 2007, 17:33 (Ref:2048168)   #3
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oooh, I think I shall forgoe my lunch break tomorrow to go to the on in Aberdeen!
Old 22 Oct 2007, 18:10 (Ref:2048202)   #4
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Missed edit time, but I've just booked me a ticket - picking it up in the morning and heading to the event after a lecture (which is literally about 200m from the music hall! ).

He's got a book signing at Waterstones at 5:30 too, I'll head to that at about 4:30 probably!
Old 22 Oct 2007, 19:12 (Ref:2048282)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Fantastic! I didn't know about that. Do you need a ticket or anything for that?

Here are the full dates! Maight be worth checking your local area incase one is missed.

http://www.celebritybooksignings.com/Stewart.htm

Last edited by Down F0rce; 22 Oct 2007 at 19:17.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 19:22 (Ref:2048291)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jackie was in Waterstone's in Ayr on Saturday. I was at Knockhill but managed to get someone else to get his book for me..

Have had a quick look at it and it certainly looks like I will enjoy reading it.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00276s.JPG  
Old 22 Oct 2007, 19:26 (Ref:2048298)   #7
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I dont think you do, I'm assuming its in the waterstones across from the music hall aswell, and not the one that used to be Ottakars Edit: sticking the telephone number on celebritybooksignings.com puts the arrow above the waterstones across from the music hall, very good

I'm gonna go grab my ticket for the event tomorrow at around 11:15, and grab a copy of the book from waterstones at the same time, should be a good day

Nice bit of sign-age there!

Down F0rce - if you are at either event, look out for a chap in glasses with an Iron Maiden T-Shirt on (or a bright blue DPR fleece-thing!), and pop over and say hello

Last edited by Kidzer; 22 Oct 2007 at 19:29.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 19:32 (Ref:2048308)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I'll pick up my ticket for the talk in the morning too, then walk on down to Waterstones and see if you need a ticket or not. I'll pick the book up too. Wonder if he will sign anything else...
Old 22 Oct 2007, 19:59 (Ref:2048339)   #9
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Well, I'm taking something else in the hope he will - I dont imagine he will, but it's worth a try I'm sure!
Old 23 Oct 2007, 15:13 (Ref:2049259)   #10
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
That was brilliant! Very interesting and funny talk, plus I got my book dedicated to me. He also said he liked by Indy 500 belt! Hooray!
Old 23 Oct 2007, 18:14 (Ref:2049438)   #11
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Yeah, very cool talk indeed - JS + 3 Nuns @ Spa!

It's a shame the book signings were a bit rushed, but understandable - I got one after his talk and went to waterstones to get one for my cousin!

Overall, a very good event - and he had a nice tour bus too!