Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2008, 11:21 (Ref:2155504)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For Sale: Toro Rosso.

Toro Rosso are up for sale.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65874
Old 18 Mar 2008, 11:26 (Ref:2155510)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Now's yer chance Stoddy!
Old 18 Mar 2008, 11:27 (Ref:2155512)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is a good opportunity for someone new to get onto the grid, with a car of their own design. Unfortunate to have such uncertainty for 2 years though.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 12:29 (Ref:2155562)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will be an interesting outcome.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 12:36 (Ref:2155568)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder whether they'll find a buyer who'll be able to make them competitive - at the moment they're doing okay but that's probably as much to do with their link with Red Bull as anything else. Considering that the last new team into F1 was supposed to be using customer cars, I'm not sure that there's a huge number of potential buyers who want to build their own cars.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 18 Mar 2008, 12:38 (Ref:2155572)   #6
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Prodrive's chance to get on the grid?
Old 18 Mar 2008, 12:39 (Ref:2155574)   #7
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Only if they want to build the car - they didn't want to do that this year, so who's to say they'd want to do it in 2 years' time?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 18 Mar 2008, 12:45 (Ref:2155581)   #8
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How does 10-TenthsF1 sound? Who else wants to chip in the $xxmillion that we would need?

Mick
Old 18 Mar 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2155582)   #9
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A chance to get into F1 with a base, to have a transition of running a team for a year before designing your own machine.

But that said, whoever takes over the team will need to do some recruitment. I understand that the team is very lean in numbers/facilities as they are essentially just taking their cars from Red Bull.

Good thing though concerning the customer car issue.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2155587)   #10
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Unfortunate to have such uncertainty for 2 years though.
I dont think its that bad. The targets Mateschitz has set are the team will be sold by 2010, but not before 2009. In the same amount of time from now till 2010, i'm sure the former Jordan team had already found a new buyer and subsequently sold the team again.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2155630)   #11
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not overly surprised that the team is now formally for sale given that such rumours have been circulating for some time. As for who buys it I would imagine that Tony Teixeira will be one of the front runners for he seems to have the money and desire to enter the fray. Also he has some links with Ferrari, which may be of use in securing a continued engine supply.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 13:57 (Ref:2155631)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Two years is plenty of time to find another owner, I am willing to bet that Force India will have another 3 or 4 owners in that time frame.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2155642)   #13
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Time for a Gazprom-backed Russian team.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 14:28 (Ref:2155648)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Force India might be for real, they seem more committed and forward-planning than Midland, and more financially secure than Spyker.

I'm sure the team will find a buyer, lots of people seem keen to enter F1 at the moment.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 14:59 (Ref:2155659)   #15
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope STR don't go through the same rigmarole that Jordan did and that they find someone committed to running the team.

One of the rumours is Teixiera and Nicolas Todt. ART F1 team anyone?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 18 Mar 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2155668)   #16
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It had been rumored that VW Group would buy them when they went up for sale, but it seems doubtful now.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2155671)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A.R.T could be a potential buyer yes, there was a lot of speculation about the team moving up to Formula One a couple of years ago but for whatever reason it didnt happen. Of the existing teams outside F1 however I would think they are one of the most likely candidates.

There are of course other big existing teams like Oreca, Prodrive, Arden, Carlin etc but I dont think that even they have the backing needed to enter F1. What is more likely though I would think is some billionare buying the existing team, as has been the norm in recent years.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 15:27 (Ref:2155678)   #18
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbaz_99
Prodrive's chance to get on the grid?
oh that would be an interesting outcome!!
Old 18 Mar 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2155679)   #19
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weren't Racing Engineering looking at the possibility of F1 involvement?

I'm sure I read that on tenths a while ago, although I don't remember if it was Alfonso who said it.

How much does Mr Red Bull want, I might be interested
Old 18 Mar 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2155764)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
How does 10-TenthsF1 sound? Who else wants to chip in the $xxmillion that we would need?
I can chip in a tenner. It's not much I know, but I have good news. I'll drive for free. So, who's my team-mate then? Shall we keep Bourdais or Vettel?
Old 18 Mar 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2155770)   #21
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'd have a hard time keeping Vettel, I'd imagine he'll move to Red Bull next year.

Whoever takes it over is going to need big pockets. Haven't Red Bull closed down most of STR's design and manufacture capacity? I suppose they could commission Dallara or Lola to design and build a car.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 17:43 (Ref:2155782)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Bring the Minardi name back....
Old 18 Mar 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2155787)   #23
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
A chance to get into F1 with a base, to have a transition of running a team for a year before designing your own machine.
Definately, I think this could actually be quite an attractive proposition for someone looking to start an F1 team out there... I say it like any member of the public could

Selby
Old 18 Mar 2008, 19:19 (Ref:2155857)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlies
I suppose they could commission Dallara or Lola to design and build a car.
But isn't that against the rules? As whoever takes over has to design their own cars.

Please Audi, enter F1 and take on BMW annd Mercades.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2155880)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another manufacturer team would be hideous.

Supply engines by all means Audi (not diesel) but do not start/buy a team.

Sad news that STR are up for sale but sadly inevitable I suppose.