Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 13 Dec 2020, 13:16 (Ref:4022596)   #126
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I think this is a total rose-tinted fantasy. Every single generation thinks that people were better behaved in the past and every generation is wrong to think it. Plato used to complain endlessly about moral decline.

It's also interesting that "most people" is almost always fully correlated with "people like me". Funny how no-one ever thinks that it might be THEIR views which are out of step with what "most people" think.
Must admit, I've never considered this discussion as an age related thing. Why would you accuse posters of denigrating a generation when patently there is nothing to suggest this to be the case?
Old 13 Dec 2020, 16:48 (Ref:4022652)   #127
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
can i pivot this a bit and suggest it's that men need to moderate their own damn behaviour instead of putting the emphasis on women to police it?

jesus christ.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 17:18 (Ref:4022667)   #128
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's the goal. And we won't achieve it by allowing behaviour until a slap (metaphorical or not) is handed out.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 18:50 (Ref:4022686)   #129
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's actually called the law of obligations, I apologise for not highlighting that earlier, and yes things like this should be sanctioned as I said.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 22:14 (Ref:4022744)   #130
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
What really irks me about the excess of the 2010-2020s is that it's almost like real joy is not in doing it, but in bragging about it on social media, "Hey, worthless plebs, look what I can get away with, cause I'm filthy rich!"
Old 14 Dec 2020, 11:25 (Ref:4022859)   #131
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm more about being a gentleman and civilised behaviour. Legislation takes away personal responsibility.
Maybe not all people are gentlemen like you. Why should anyone be a victim of people who don't abide by society's rules? They should be protected; by legislation if necessary

That being said, the lady in question said she was not offended, so I must take her word for it.
Old 14 Dec 2020, 12:49 (Ref:4022873)   #132
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Agreed, but as I said, the problem with accusing people of breaking the law results what you say, nothing gets done because no charges are brought. Laws are there to protect the innocent but can only be implemented if someone brings charges and/or the police take action.
Old 22 Dec 2020, 23:45 (Ref:4024670)   #133
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The level of online rumors that Mazepin is out at Haas is just crazy right now. I would have thought that given his hands were smacked, that everyone was eager to let things blow over. Assuming the rumors are true, maybe there is more behind the scene drama going on. Haas likely has PTSD given their experience with Rich Energy. So they may be on a short fuse and not ready to put up with anyone's BS.

Richard
Old 23 Dec 2020, 03:02 (Ref:4024687)   #134
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
The level of online rumors that Mazepin is out at Haas is just crazy right now. I would have thought that given his hands were smacked, that everyone was eager to let things blow over. Assuming the rumors are true, maybe there is more behind the scene drama going on. Haas likely has PTSD given their experience with Rich Energy. So they may be on a short fuse and not ready to put up with anyone's BS.

Richard
Sometimes when there is nothing to write about people write a lot about nothing.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 04:45 (Ref:4024693)   #135
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Sometimes when there is nothing to write about people write a lot about nothing.
You remind me of my Mother.... one of the things she always told me was "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing."
Old 23 Dec 2020, 13:38 (Ref:4024769)   #136
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Told you so.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 14:53 (Ref:4024785)   #137
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So the noise eventually was loud enough that Haas had to reconfirm Mazepin.

https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/statu...31640549240835

Richard
Old 28 Mar 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4043418)   #138
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But one wonders how long he can last. Looked woefully out of his depth, even in a rubbish car.... over 0.8 down on his rookie teammate after looking like a mobile merry-go-round....
Old 28 Mar 2021, 15:23 (Ref:4043437)   #139
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And now he can't even make it past two corners in the race. He really is giving more ammo to those who want him out of F1
Old 28 Mar 2021, 15:46 (Ref:4043459)   #140
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But one wonders how long he can last.
I rather think he can last as long as he likes.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4043519)   #141
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And now he can't even make it past two corners in the race. He really is giving more ammo to those who want him out of F1
He will be there as long has his father keeps paying the invoices and as he is quite a likely candiate to buy Haas (should GH want to sell) I imagine we will have the prospect of Steiner having to tell us all year what a great job he is doing.

Don't forget that the self appointed F1 pundit, Mr W Storey, picked out Mazepin as one of his stars of the F1 season ahead....
Old 28 Mar 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4043533)   #142
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Don't forget that the self appointed F1 pundit, Mr W Storey, picked out Mazepin as one of his stars of the F1 season ahead....
In the mold of Rich Energy/William Storey, so far his prediction is correct! We are talking about Mazepin. There is no such thing as bad press right Mr. Storey?

Richard
Old 28 Mar 2021, 18:14 (Ref:4043548)   #143
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After this weekend's performance, Mazepin is either hothead, or he's out of his depth, or both.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4043579)   #144
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We already knew that, didn't we?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 28 Mar 2021, 20:46 (Ref:4043582)   #145
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
We already knew that, didn't we?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

I hardly follow F2, so this was the first time I got to see Mazepin on track.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 21:27 (Ref:4043596)   #146
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A fabulously entertaining cameo this weekend.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 21:30 (Ref:4043599)   #147
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Schumacher had a similar lookiing crash as well, but luckily didnt hit anything. Not sure what that was all about.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 21:35 (Ref:4043601)   #148
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Last years car with the floor mods and not a lot done to make up for it equals a very unfriendly proppsition for an average driver.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 22:15 (Ref:4043607)   #149
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I think Guenther's main goal this year will be to find a new main sponsor that isn't related to Mazepin.
Old 28 Mar 2021, 22:51 (Ref:4043612)   #150
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Well he certainly earned his new nickname of "Mazespin" this weekend didn't he?

In all honesty though, MSC had a similar lose during the race. Combination of wind, sand blowing about and an under-developed car clearly all a bit much for the new lads. Hopefully for them, they'll be able to get the car a bit more sorted out so that they can at least keep it on track in coming races.