Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 2 Jun 2000, 15:20 (Ref:8490)   #1
AUSTRIA
Racer

AUSTRIA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lap 10 - The last race ...

Uff -- 20 minutes too late, sorry

Question A)
Who won the first Formula two race (then still called 'formula B'), where and when was it and which car run the winner ?

Question B)
Single seaters were no must in GP racing until 1958. Nevertheless, the first monoposto came much earlier. Which were the first three single seater GP cars and who won a GP in a single seaterfor the first time, where, when and in which car?

Question C)
And at last, a question from rallye-sport. There was a car, able to win with remaining only three wheels over a very long distance. I remember only the year and the car, but want to know also the driver and of course, the race, where it happened. So can you help me ? Could be a reason for Binnas to join us ...

O.K. buddies, last opportunity to catch some points ...

Old 2 Jun 2000, 18:23 (Ref:8491)   #2
Michael M
Racer

Michael M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, I'm back again ...

QA)
Jean Pierre Wimille
Roussillon Grand Prix
25 April 1948
Simca Gordini

QB)
Real first GP Monoposto:
Alfa-Romeo Tipo B (P3) - 1932
Bugatti 59 and Maserati 8CM - 1933
Not quite sure whether already the 1933 versions had been single seaters, if not:
Mercedes-Benz W25 + Auto-Union P-Wagen (C-Type) - 1934
No GP car, but entered in the Gran Premio de Monza on 15 Sept 1929:
Miller 91
1st win: Gran Premio d'Italia 5 June 1932, Tazio Nuvolari, Alfa-Romeo P3
Old 7 Jun 2000, 08:50 (Ref:16031)   #3
AUSTRIA
Racer

Well, it was the last lap. A lap without rushing. But a clear sign to the end. Well buddies, the game is over now. Most the time I enjoyed it and I thank you all for your fantastic contributions. Many thanks again to Michael, who is entertaining me not only by this trivia. We have a very active mailing line as a direct result of this trivia and we do some mutual research, with very interesting results.

Two more points to him. I'm sorry, but there are no points for the 'additional stuff' that I liked so much. But let me give him the last point of this trivia, the tenth bonuspoint in this tenth lap and let me finally close this game.

See you ...

BTW: Question C) If I remember right, it was in the year 1974 and the car was a SAAB; maybe the type was 96 or V96; and the driver? Maybe Stig Blomquist or something like 'Steve Carlsson'.

Old 7 Jun 2000, 13:51 (Ref:16070)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well. Hopefully you'll stick around and just keep us all amused with your questions and discussions. Thanks for the entertainment over the past weeks Austria.
Old 8 Jun 2000, 11:36 (Ref:16289)   #5
AUSTRIA
Racer

A short notice:

Wimille won only the first heat at Rousillion, but retired in the second heat, that was finished first by Trintignant in his Gordini with the old design, so he also won overall.