Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 19 Mar 2019, 20:16 (Ref:3891903)   #2651
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First day back at college today after a week of the flu.Walking around Tonbridge saw a nice 60s silver Ford Mustang.Lots of assignment stuff at the moment which is a little tiring.Endless typing.First race meet of the year at brands with BMCRC.Always a good meeting with good grids and a nice lunch as well.Hoping to go to back this weekend for Brscc and then the following weekend at either Donington for hscc or Silverstone for britcar.Maybe Peter auto after that.

Hope All are having a good month as for many the motor racing season draws closer (if it ever ended).

BTW I'm hoping to be writing some race meeting and races reports this year for historic meetings.

Will.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 22:21 (Ref:3891931)   #2652
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hope college goes well. Those 60s Mustangs must be a sight you don’t see every day. Glad the historic scene has been going well, going to great circuits like Brands and Silverstone. Let us know where to find those historic reports
Old 19 Mar 2019, 22:30 (Ref:3891940)   #2653
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope All are having a good month as for many the motor racing season draws closer (if it ever ended).

AMOC @ Curborough on Thursday will be my 19th day in 2019.

I love retirement
Old 19 Mar 2019, 22:32 (Ref:3891942)   #2654
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well the historic scene is going well and it seems endless. There’s so many it’s hard to pick one
Old 20 Mar 2019, 00:27 (Ref:3891975)   #2655
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
First day back at college today after a week of the flu.

Will.

Good to see you back Willmaz Brands this weekend should be good with the Alfa Romeo series and the BMW Compact Cup both there....not sure about the long VW Fun Cup races but each to their own,

Was at Croft yesterday with my mate testing his Compact Cup car before this weekend - and four BTCC cars there too - Hondas for Neal Camissh and Simpson, and Moffat's Mercedes. Fascinating to be able to get a close look at the teams and their kit
Old 20 Mar 2019, 00:39 (Ref:3891976)   #2656
S griffin
Veteran

Take a 2019 Tea Break with Delta

It’s always interesting. The programme at Brands sounds interesting, with BMW, Alfa and VW fun cup racing going on

Certainly seeing them with the BTCC must have been interesting. Not sure if they always use Croft pre season? Certainly seeing a few teams there helps and a good lineup of two works Hondas, an indy Honda and the Moffat Merc

Last edited by S griffin; 20 Mar 2019 at 00:45.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 05:29 (Ref:3892014)   #2657
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Important announcement!

Today is definitely Delta's birthday....

Happy 'clickety-click', Bud!
Old 20 Mar 2019, 05:59 (Ref:3892016)   #2658
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy birthday Iain.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 06:35 (Ref:3892022)   #2659
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy birthday Iain

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Mar 2019, 07:14 (Ref:3892028)   #2660
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Happy birthday Mister Rowley.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 07:44 (Ref:3892029)   #2661
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hope college goes well. Those 60s Mustangs must be a sight you don’t see every day. Glad the historic scene has been going well, going to great circuits like Brands and Silverstone. Let us know where to find those historic reports
Cheers

Yes we both couldn't believe we'd seen one.

The reports are just something I'd like to do,see if I'm any good and my parents have been going on about how I should give it a try.Probably post them on here.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3892031)   #2662
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post

AMOC @ Curborough on Thursday will be my 19th day in 2019.

I love retirement
Crikey
Old 20 Mar 2019, 07:52 (Ref:3892032)   #2663
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday dear Iain,
Happy birthday to you"

altogether now ……. Happy
Old 20 Mar 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3892033)   #2664
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Good to see you back Willmaz Brands this weekend should be good with the Alfa Romeo series and the BMW Compact Cup both there....not sure about the long VW Fun Cup races but each to their own,

Was at Croft yesterday with my mate testing his Compact Cup car before this weekend - and four BTCC cars there too - Hondas for Neal Camissh and Simpson, and Moffat's Mercedes. Fascinating to be able to get a close look at the teams and their kit
The FunCup does sound a little boring for 4 hours but is very popular.

I'll be hopefully going on Sunday. Lots of single make but for me the main event will the Track Attack Race Club.Varied grids with heavily modified Imprezas ,RX8''s. My cup of tea modern wise.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3892035)   #2665
Willmaz223
Veteran

Happy Birthday Iain.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 08:02 (Ref:3892036)   #2666
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks guys . Funny I always think of John Smith our favorate C of the C from years gone by . It’s his birthday yesterday . Hope you are well John . We miss you at the tracks .
Old 20 Mar 2019, 08:28 (Ref:3892040)   #2667
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thanks guys . Funny I always think of John Smith our favorate C of the C from years gone by . It’s his birthday yesterday . Hope you are well John . We miss you at the tracks .

Many Happy Returns Iain - now you are the same age as me (well, for a couple of months...).

It's the first day of spring too.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3892049)   #2668
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It's the first day of spring too.
Anniversary of Newton's leaving too, fondateur de la mécanique classique?
Old 20 Mar 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3892068)   #2669
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy birthday Iain.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3892073)   #2670
S griffin
Veteran

Happy birthday Iain, enjoy whatever you are doing today
Old 20 Mar 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3892078)   #2671
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just another day at work. 4 years to go then I am retiring for good. BTW I always thought March 21st was first day of spring. Don't tell me the date change is down to Brexit.
Old 20 Mar 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3892082)   #2672
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
4 years to go then I am retiring for good.

I'll believe that when I've seen the evidence with my own eyes (or maybe the lack of evidence of any form of work ....)
Old 20 Mar 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3892088)   #2673
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
This has got to be a nightmare for any car manufacturer, let alone Porsche!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-France.html
Old 20 Mar 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3892089)   #2674
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just another day at work. 4 years to go then I am retiring for good. BTW I always thought March 21st was first day of spring. Don't tell me the date change is down to Brexit.
According to my calendar, spring starts today, but of course it could be wrong. BTW Iain, the calendar was produced by the local sapeur pompiers (firemen), so lots of jolly pictures you you might like!
Old 20 Mar 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3892091)   #2675
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
The reports are just something I'd like to do,see if I'm any good and my parents have been going on about how I should give it a try.Probably post them on here.
Race reports from meetings are always welcome. On the particular race thread is obvious place.....

They’re a great way to practice punctuation and grammar!