Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Jul 2018, 11:58 (Ref:3837101)   #51
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, the earlier forecasts of some rain Friday and Saturday have been downgraded, and now both Beeb and Metoffice are suggesting dry all the way through..... This is good news for those of us staying at the circuit and for the Friday eve Marshal’s BBQ!
A big thanks to all involved with the Marshal BBQ, see you over the weekend Mike.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 04:36 (Ref:3837223)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Crook View Post
A big thanks to all involved with the Marshal BBQ, see you over the weekend Mike.
Indeed, fingers crossed the one wristband will ‘access all areas!’ (Allow the wearer to go into both pitlanes )

I got home after collecting the Morgan from surgery at 8pm, so guess we’ll be starting the meeting on a back foot. The car is definitely a ‘she’, as seems to be taking on a bit of a prima donna personna.......

Soon as the curse of early morning starts nowadays, overnight road closures, are finished, I’m off.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3837464)   #53
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know of where I can find a printable timetable for the weekend?

A full entry list would be great too.

(saves me buying a £10 program just for the racecard!)
Old 19 Jul 2018, 11:20 (Ref:3837475)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post

Have you looked on the Silverstone Classic website? ( Maybe their timetable is not in a printable format )

HSCC usually publish entry list on their website but can’t see at the moment.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 11:38 (Ref:3837481)   #55
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Thanks Mike, The Silverstone classic website format would take several pages and full of stuff I didn't need, such as Mike Brewers car clinic etc. I could make my own I guess.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 12:31 (Ref:3837487)   #56
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
You can filter the timetable on Silverstone Classic website to take out all the non-track stuff. It's still not a great format to print though.

If you look on the event on the HSCC website, the Final Instructions have a timetable on the last page. It's not a great format but should be enough for what you are after.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3837503)   #57
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post

Masters,HGPCA and Motor Racing Legends have there entry lists on there websites although I can't find Super Touring Pre 63 or FJ.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3837511)   #58
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The event suffers from the fact that HSCC run the track action, but individual organisers are responsible for their grids and entry lists. I would guess this is frustrating for the HSCC, and can also lead to the pre printed programme not being totally accurate....

There is now a problem with the circuit licence! It could mean some races using the historic layout and some the modern. No doubt all will be revealed, and hopefully drivers will know before venturing out.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 14:25 (Ref:3837519)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup we signed on this afternoon and we are racing on the Formula One track. Gonna need new brake pads!

We had fun testing and Iain has really settled into the car. Brakes were locking this morning but this afternoon after a small adjustment we could turn in to corners with no issue. Well done Ken Clarke for getting the car ready. Now for a great weekend.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3837524)   #60
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lets hope so!!

The last experience I had at the circuit, I turned left at Abbey (lucky it was only on a Sim!!!)

Its a good event, and the weather should be good this year. Remember about 3 years ago sat in the stand freezing my n*&s off and pouring with rain.

Historic racing must be a nightmare to get any sort of entry list together as reliability issues and the packed calendar we have now must play havoc.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3837526)   #61
Alan Crook
Veteran

Alan Crook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is now a problem with the circuit licence! It could mean some races using the historic layout and some the modern. No doubt all will be revealed, and hopefully drivers will know before venturing out.
Mike we are aware of this and all cars will be told which circuit they are running on but my understanding is below.

“The following races will now race on the Modern Grand Prix circuit with the Vale in place.

Masters FIA Historic Formula One

Masters FIA Historic Sports Cars

Masters Endurance Legends.

HSCC Road Sports

Jet Super Touring Cars

Historic Touring Car Challenge

The remaining races which are purely for Pre’72 will qualify and race on the Grand Prix Circuit with the Historic Vale in place. “
Old 19 Jul 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3837528)   #62
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Historic Abbey and Woodcote would have been nice too for Pre '72 .....

Old 19 Jul 2018, 15:21 (Ref:3837531)   #63
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woodlands campsite filling up nicely, our tents are up and we are currently listening to cars whizzing around in the field next door.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3837537)   #64
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a fairly legible timetable...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SC18 Grid Timetable v10.2 - for packs.pdf (53.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 19 Jul 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3837542)   #65
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope this is ok to post, but a screen grab from the digital race card showing the timetable for all 3 days:
Attached Thumbnails
Inkedtime table_LI.jpg  
Old 19 Jul 2018, 18:29 (Ref:3837557)   #66
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Hope this is ok to post, but a screen grab from the digital race card showing the timetable for all 3 days:
Are you able to put the link to the race card up if so that would be great? What you looking forward to seeing the most as I am unable to attend?
Old 20 Jul 2018, 05:42 (Ref:3837630)   #67
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I don’t think you’ll do better than the timetable Alan posted 3 back.

Thanks Alan and geordiecraig.......

Warm in the paddock last night, but fingers crossed we don’t get a possible thunderstorm later in the day! I’m content with dry and dusty.....
Old 20 Jul 2018, 06:43 (Ref:3837634)   #68
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone stumbled across an entry list for the RAC trophy pre 63gt race?
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 20 Jul 2018, 07:02 (Ref:3837637)   #69
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Has anyone stumbled across an entry list for the RAC trophy pre 63gt race?
Best I can do, Will....
Attached Thumbnails
F6EC2B3A-9E18-4723-A130-CA1E4679A1F7.jpeg  
Old 20 Jul 2018, 09:13 (Ref:3837661)   #70
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perfect thanks Mike!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 20 Jul 2018, 09:29 (Ref:3837664)   #71
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Best I can do, Will....
Cheers,shame about the Ferrari GTO and No 1 Aston not appearing in Pre 63
Old 20 Jul 2018, 10:21 (Ref:3837665)   #72
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Presumably problems for Olly Bryant in the Pre '61 Sportscars ? Also interesting to see the front engined Formula Juniors comprehensively outqualifying the early rear engined cars .
Old 20 Jul 2018, 12:30 (Ref:3837679)   #73
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Thanks everyone
Old 20 Jul 2018, 12:59 (Ref:3837682)   #74
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just been watch the Historic Touring Car Challenge quali at Vale and there been sum hair raising moments. They using the GP section and there are a wide range of braking abilities of those cars!
Old 20 Jul 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3837683)   #75
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Just been watch the Historic Touring Car Challenge quali at Vale and there been sum hair raising moments. They using the GP section and there are a wide range of braking abilities of those cars!
I've been thinking the same listening to the timing,the AMC Javelin had a oil leak and there was 3 or 4 cars that had issues with 48 starters.