Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

‘PASSION FOR SPEED’
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

31 Jan 2020 to 1 Feb 2020 07:30 to 18:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

Invited grid of HGPCA cars travelling from Europe.

Website here- https://www.zwartkops.co.za/category/passion-for-speed/

Old 1 Feb 2020, 12:16 (Ref:3955003)   #16
delta
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Started P9 had awful start . Dropped about 6 places . Started picking the FFords off one by one then there was a red flag . They don’t go into pits here so we went back out on to grid .Switched off then all the cars I passed came past me and lined up in front of me . Right shambles but hey ho .Off we go again and I have never had so much fun for 7 laps . Passing passing cars galore . Last blooming lap drove shaft broke . Hey ho all fixed . Marcus was 4th so brilliant effort from him .2 nd race in an hour . Still blooming hot . Might of been jinxed as the TV people put a camera on the car . Not sure where you go to see it but should make great viewing .
Old 1 Feb 2020, 18:48 (Ref:3955068)   #17
delta
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Broken driveshaft put me out of first race . Lucky I had plenty of spares . Job that took the time was changing the UJ . Always have trouble with them . Just when you think you have the cup home find a roller has dropped behind the cup . Then found the shaft had bashed the damper and bent the shaft so had to borrow another shock absorber . Anyway after couple of hours and I even had time to have some free food . Lotus all back together but I have to start P24 . There I am in collecting area and a very nice marshal says “hey Iain we can’t have starting back there line up in box 15”. Well thakyou very much .Fluffed start again and dropped few places then another great run and finished P10. Final results show me P2 in class so happy days . Photos on the way via Magic Mike .Early night now then off to Cape Town tomorrow then to Killarney Raceway .
Old 2 Feb 2020, 06:07 (Ref:3955241)   #18
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well done Iain! Your pics.....
Attached Thumbnails
77579B3D-DC4A-469C-8097-CB2CC609707A.jpeg   04A05BB6-1B23-4046-89E1-CBECB907BBA0.jpeg  
Old 2 Feb 2020, 06:22 (Ref:3955243)   #19
356sc
Racer

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
. There I am in collecting area and a very nice marshal says “hey Iain we can’t have starting back there line up in box 15”. Well thakyou very much .
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 3 Feb 2020, 07:16 (Ref:3955416)   #20
delta
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I have arrived in Cape Town and picked up a bit of crumpet at airport . Been for lovely run this morning along the beech . Our hotel is by the sea . Wonderful just wonderful . Taking mrs Delta sight seeing today and tomorrow , cars arrive Wednesday so I can get back playing then . Very warm with lovely breeze .This Really is heaven with motor racing , sea , running and lots of food . Happy days everyone .
Old 3 Feb 2020, 08:27 (Ref:3955424)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I have arrived in Cape Town and picked up a bit of crumpet at airport . Been for lovely run this morning along the beech . Our hotel is by the sea . Wonderful just wonderful . Taking mrs Delta sight seeing today and tomorrow , cars arrive Wednesday so I can get back playing then . Very warm with lovely breeze .This Really is heaven with motor racing , sea , running and lots of food . Happy days everyone .
Thanks Delta, sounds brilliant, enjoy your travels 🙂
Old 3 Feb 2020, 14:01 (Ref:3955481)   #22
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Cape Town is a beautiful City.... Iain, you should take Mrs D up to the top of Table Mountain in the cable car!
Old 3 Feb 2020, 17:30 (Ref:3955521)   #23
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Love the enthusiasm and vigour! It's real tonic for those of us stuck in colder climes, have fun