Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Aug 2023, 07:11 (Ref:4173877)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dutch Grand Prix

Sorry - just finished work on a big project and on holiday celebrating my birthday, so no big post today.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 07:40 (Ref:4173879)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enjyy your Birthday BR
Old 25 Aug 2023, 07:58 (Ref:4173883)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
OT:
Old 25 Aug 2023, 08:00 (Ref:4173884)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Enjoy your birthday BR. Glad F1 is back, but can anyone end Red Bull's winning run?
Old 25 Aug 2023, 08:04 (Ref:4173886)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nrOUgXQWyc
Old 25 Aug 2023, 13:04 (Ref:4173913)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dessert

I'm Looking forward to the return of the F1 Circus, though I expect Super Max and RBR to continue from whee they left off.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 13:25 (Ref:4173914)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy your Hippo Bathday BR.....
Old 25 Aug 2023, 14:02 (Ref:4173918)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy BR day!

Got to wake up to Canada v France in FIBA and F1 back…feel like it’s also my bday!
Old 25 Aug 2023, 15:53 (Ref:4173928)   #9
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...rash/10511395/

DR injures his hand in FP2 crash. Article talks about potential backup including De Vries back in the car! Hopefully DR is fine to race or if not, a speedy recovery.

Richard
Old 25 Aug 2023, 17:39 (Ref:4173936)   #10
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam Lawson gets the call.
Old 25 Aug 2023, 17:43 (Ref:4173937)   #11
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched FP2 on F1TV. It looks like Oscar lost it in turn three (the sharp and highly banked turn) and was into the wall on the high side. Daniel was on a fast lap and the yellow was shown on entry to turn three, but there was little time. Daniel looked committed to the high side and saw Oscar's car and I am pretty sure Daniel drove it into the wall to avoid hitting Oscar's car. Both were relatively slow impacts. It looks like the impact jerked the wheel on Daniel. As he as getting out he pulled his left glove off and was looking at his hand and protecting it as he got out.

Report is his hand is broken and Liam Lawson will sub for him in the race.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...rist/10511470/

Richard
Old 25 Aug 2023, 18:50 (Ref:4173944)   #12
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow unlucky break in more ways than one! Speedy recovery DR!
Old 26 Aug 2023, 00:44 (Ref:4173976)   #13
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Happy Birthday BR!

Bummed re DR - was looking forward to see how he'd go after a couple of quick races and the summer break to work it all out.

With both the Aussies off at turn 3 and it being a pretty sharp corner, maybe it needs to be renamed "boomerang"?
Old 26 Aug 2023, 00:50 (Ref:4173977)   #14
Rusty Nail
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
Rusty Nail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucky break for Lawson though.

I know some people don't rate him but I must admit I am a bit of a Lawson fanboy having been involved with him in one of the junior formula, years ago in NZ and following his career closely since.

Now he's got the chance I have every confidence he will step up, here and likely at Monza too, and show us that he is worthy of consideration for a full time seat next year.

Looking forward to FP3 and quali. Might even set the alarm and get up at 1am Monday morning to watch the race live.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 01:16 (Ref:4173982)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
I watched FP2 on F1TV. It looks like Oscar lost it in turn three (the sharp and highly banked turn) and was into the wall on the high side. Daniel was on a fast lap and the yellow was shown on entry to turn three, but there was little time. Daniel looked committed to the high side and saw Oscar's car and I am pretty sure Daniel drove it into the wall to avoid hitting Oscar's car. Both were relatively slow impacts. It looks like the impact jerked the wheel on Daniel. As he as getting out he pulled his left glove off and was looking at his hand and protecting it as he got out.

Report is his hand is broken and Liam Lawson will sub for him in the race.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...rist/10511470/

Richard

Both blokes very lucky.
A hit to the side at full warp wouldnt bear thinking about..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Aug 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4174002)   #16
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oof. Filthy weather this morning.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 12:58 (Ref:4174023)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just tuned in and the Sun has come out but the track is still very wet. They are saying on Sky Sports F1 that the track drys quickly and it is quite windy, which will help.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 13:56 (Ref:4174029)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Q3 has been red flagged, as Logan Sargeant, in his exuberance after getting into Q3 for the first time, bins it.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 14:20 (Ref:4174033)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Another red flag, as Leclerc goes off into the barrier at Turn 9.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4174036)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Despite the red flags, that was a compelling qualifying session as the track evolved, especially the last 4 minutes.

Verstappen gets his 8th pole of the season, with Norris joining him on the front row. A great result for Albon, getting the Williams on the second row in 4th spot. A dismal session for both Hamilton and Leclerc.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 17:02 (Ref:4174055)   #21
Richard C
Veteran

I found the qualifying entertaining. Various thoughts..

* In Q3, I had told my son (only half joking)... Top three will be Max, Lando and Albon. As last seconds wound down I looked at him like "Called it!" and then George bumped Alex down to 4th.
* I think while Max jumped clear of the field at the last moment by over 1/2 second, I think he had to work for it.
* Loving that both McLaren and Williams up near the front.
* Fantastic that Sargeant made it into Q3. Too bad he crashed out.
* Perez... quite far off Max.
* Lewis having a rough day. I know he was complaining about being hindered, but frankly it was as much about him/his team placing him in a position to be stacked up behind others. Plus the conditions of short circuit and everyone trying their best to remain on the dry line.
* Great job by Lawson having only a wet FP3 to get up to speed and then being dumped into qualifying in changing conditions. He didn't stuff it into the wall like others did and tomorrow should be an experience for him.

Richard
Old 26 Aug 2023, 19:47 (Ref:4174086)   #22
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Q3 has been red flagged, as Logan Sargeant, in his exuberance after getting into Q3 for the first time, bins it.
But he had already by then become the first American driver in 30 years to qualify in the top 10 for a GP.... Michael Andretti being the previous most recent one, at Monza in 1993.

Tsunoda got a 3 place penalty for impeding Lewis in Q2.... despite Lewis admitting it made no influence on his Q2 exit. He said he was just too slow.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 20:10 (Ref:4174090)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
But he had already by then become the first American driver in 30 years to qualify in the top 10 for a GP.... Michael Andretti being the previous most recent one, at Monza in 1993.

I know that, which is why he was in Q3.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 20:20 (Ref:4174091)   #24
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I know that, which is why he was in Q3.
I was only trying to highlight the fact Logan was the first American in 30 years to qualify in the top 10. I avoided using the Q3 term because someone would have said they didnt have Q3 back in 1993.
Old 26 Aug 2023, 23:40 (Ref:4174104)   #25
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive never seen anything like Verstappen. The kid is a level above anyone in history. The guy is unbeatable.