Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jun 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2221987)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rosberg tops the final practice!
Old 7 Jun 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2221990)   #52
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And, to link my last one to Peter's - looking at the FIA report ...

Right at the back, Jenson Button continued his struggle with his Honda’s handling on his way to 1m 18.178s
Old 7 Jun 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2221994)   #53
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toro Rosso crashes affected so that mostly teams couldn't drive clean lap on super-softs. No long runs on them either, although they had them yesterday. But today, and tomorrow (forecast) it's hotter than yesterday.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 16:39 (Ref:2222002)   #54
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lewis mentions the safety improvements made where Kubica crashed last year in the ITV pre-show, and that the GPDA pushed for them.

Nice of him to say so. Maybe he can be just their PR man if not a member.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2222005)   #55
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vettel's out of qualifying. Damage from practice too much to be repaired.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2222011)   #56
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Vettel's out of qualifying. Damage from practice too much to be repaired.
Can anyone enlighten me on the reasons for banning T-cars? Can't be cost, right? Because I'm sure it's not cheaper for teams to bring a spare car in pieces, having to pull a night shift to put it together.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2222012)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Button has given up!
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2222014)   #58
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
Can anyone enlighten me on the reasons for banning T-cars? Can't be cost, right? Because I'm sure it's not cheaper for teams to bring a spare car in pieces, having to pull a night shift to put it together.
Since it'll invalidate the 4 races per engine rule, running a T-Car would just earn a 10 place penalty - so what's the point?
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:07 (Ref:2222015)   #59
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On german TV they just said that bringing a completely built car is forbidden and they basically have to put together a new one...of course, the RTL guys don't have the greatest track record of being right...
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:14 (Ref:2222017)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Nick struggling?
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:16 (Ref:2222018)   #61
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I think Button has given up!
You're right.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2222019)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Button will be last.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:20 (Ref:2222021)   #63
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Webber going quickly.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:20 (Ref:2222022)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Not, sorry looking at sector times.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2222023)   #65
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Button will be last.
Well, Vettel's slightly slower having not tried even as much as Jensen
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2222024)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Can we expect an improvement from Nico?
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:22 (Ref:2222025)   #67
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking like another Q2 epic for Piquet.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:26 (Ref:2222027)   #68
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was with Bourdais? "What the hell was that?", he shouted on the radio.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2222032)   #69
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Trulli makes qualifying error. One for the scrapbook.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:35 (Ref:2222035)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Rubens going quite well ATM.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2222036)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The Kube is safe.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2222037)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Alonso 5th.

Piquet 15th.

Give him time, he's getting there.

Trulli spins again! And Webber has an off into the wall.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2222038)   #73
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Webber out from 3rd quali, seems so, hit the wall that hard.
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2222039)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Unnoticed Rubens gets to Q3!
Old 7 Jun 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2222040)   #75
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, he appears to have done a DC. The car must be damaged.

That's what I call putting the car where it shouldn't really be.

He did just do a terrific lap too. Perhaps RBR need to get there drivers retrained on getting the car through to Q3.

EDIT: Wow, Rubens!