Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Oct 2019, 18:50 (Ref:3933343)   #1921
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Stopped or just unreported?

After today's happenings in London and Manchester, neither, sadly.......at least the Manchester stabbings don't seem to have involved fatalities.
Old 11 Oct 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3933348)   #1922
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Mmm but aren't they in some kind of customs union? Or so I think I read

Norway has a few benefits to negotiate with by comparison to the UK.

Although potential inbound trade volumes may not be so great due to a small population thier control of North Sea Oil and Gas (for now), some aspects of Fishing, considerable potential for Hydro generation of Electricity to help balance the North Sea installations and anything being built in Germany (via Denmark) are all reasons to be nice to the Norwegians. As would be their supply of thorium should those people developing generation capabilities that are based on thorium ever manage to complete their development work.

Plus they are sort of semi-joined at the hip with the Swedes - although the Swedes buy many fewer Teslas and have a less extensive Supercharger network.

The Norway Option could have been a solution at some points in the past few years but it seemed people were not interested perhaps because they did not really know how to look at it.

There again if the Norwegian social Model might end up being the result of the package it would mane the State has extreme control (with a leftist perspective) over how much people are both paid and taxed and just about all that they do. All of which seems to result in things being very expensive for some reason.

Right now I think Germany, and possibly France, might be concerned about losing their volume of engineering products sales into the UK. Especially high value items like cars and plant.

How long that position lasts is anyone's guess. Ultimately It may not even be a real concern
Old 14 Oct 2019, 16:36 (Ref:3934397)   #1923
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So, going back to the big issue of customs clearance in and out of the UK if it’s ‘leave without a deal’, I thought I’d be clever this trip and use the ‘Duplicate list’ procedure for temporary export.

The forms need a customs stamp, but guess what- there’s no manned customs office at Portsmouth docks......
Old 16 Oct 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3934878)   #1924
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
I repost this from Martin Short who I often see as he has a home near us in Spain.

·

“To appreciate quite how draconian the behaviour of the Spanish state has been, conduct this little thought experiment. Imagine for a moment that it was Nicola Sturgeon of the SNP who had been forced to flee Scotland after running an impromptu poll. Try to contemplate a scenario under which Ian Blackford MP had been sentenced to time in Wormwood Scrubs”....I know..... it’s sounds great right? But seriously, no, it’s unimaginable in our country, but while the EU screams comment on our politics, describing a special place in hell for brexiteers, they say NOTHING on the locking up of these Catalonians........ independence is a dirty word in Brussels. Apologies for a political post but this situation, in Europe , is simply unbelievable.
The EU's spineless leaders, always vocal about Brexit, have gone strangely silent on Catalonia
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Oct 2019, 09:45 (Ref:3934881)   #1925
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I repost this from Martin Short who I often see as he has a home near us in Spain.

Who he?

However, let's wait until next year and see if the SNP try to get the House of Commons agree to let Scotland have yet another referendum (after the once in a lifetime one) on independence. And when permission is denied, whether they try to run one anyway.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3934886)   #1926
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Who he?

However, let's wait until next year and see if the SNP try to get the House of Commons agree to let Scotland have yet another referendum (after the once in a lifetime one) on independence. And when permission is denied, whether they try to run one anyway.
Martin from Rollcentre Racing
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Oct 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3934919)   #1927
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Going back to customs documentation, for the first time ever yesterday at Caen passport control I was asked for my CMR note. As said before, this is only a consignment note that proves you have a contract to move the goods, so not a customs doc. No idea what is going on, but as I had gone the trouble to fill in CMRs and could produce them, he was happy......
Old 16 Oct 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3934954)   #1928
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Going back to customs documentation, for the first time ever yesterday at Caen passport control I was asked for my CMR note. As said before, this is only a consignment note that proves you have a contract to move the goods, so not a customs doc. No idea what is going on, but as I had gone the trouble to fill in CMRs and could produce them, he was happy......

I wonder if you were asked because they knew you had filled in the forms?
Old 16 Oct 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3934957)   #1929
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Martin from Rollcentre Racing
Was chatting to him at the Silverstone Classic last year. I told him that he supplied a couple of roll cages to me in years gone by. He asked me if they worked. I was pleased to tell him that I had no idea.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3934959)   #1930
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Was chatting to him at the Silverstone Classic last year. I told him that he supplied a couple of roll cages to me in years gone by. He asked me if they worked. I was pleased to tell him that I had no idea.

He may have been asking if they gave you the extra stiffness you had been seeking. Assuming, not unnaturally, that such would be at least a secondary purpose.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3934960)   #1931
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Er no we were joshing.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3934969)   #1932
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
may have been asking if they gave you the extra stiffness you had been seeking
Isn't there a pill for that grant?
Old 16 Oct 2019, 18:40 (Ref:3935006)   #1933
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Little blue job, made in Cork, Ireland and probably subject to UK import duty after 31 October. Enough to give one a 'limp'.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3935008)   #1934
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonn ledwidge View Post
Little blue job, made in Cork, Ireland and probably subject to UK import duty after 31 October. Enough to give one a 'limp'.
Also, I believe, made in Sandwich, Kent, so no import duty.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 20:11 (Ref:3935019)   #1935
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
There might be Bob.

Obviously when I wrote the comment I was thinking of chassis stiffness but I did wonder if people here might "misconstrue".

The rather mild responses so far are, frankly, a little disappointing in some ways though of course encouraging in others. It is, after all, important to keep up social standards and it seems we have nothing to worry about there.