Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Jan 2019, 07:34 (Ref:3876227)   #301
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I wrote to my MP as well and got the standard generated will of the people ******** back. You'll be pleased to know He is a gymp carrerist Tory who's anti gay/immigrant/benefits, a pro nimby (unless it's profitable development of council land) a complete waste of oxygen IMO.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 09:09 (Ref:3876239)   #302
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With a no deal Brexit looking more likely, it's all hands to the pumps at Attaq Air Freight as we prepare to keep the supply lines open. No expense has been spared at Bromham International Airport, with the best pilots and the best planes.

Pass me my £14 m Theresa!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jan 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3876241)   #303
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Amidst all of the gloom and doom of Brexit, a bright ray of sunshine appears to lighten the heart.

A 'celebrity' Jock multi-millionaire is retiring from the international sporting scene weeping copiously as he goes limping into the sunset.

Hurrah, says I.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3876258)   #304
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Amidst all of the gloom and doom of Brexit, a bright ray of sunshine appears to lighten the heart.

A 'celebrity' Jock multi-millionaire is retiring from the international sporting scene weeping copiously as he goes limping into the sunset.

Hurrah, says I.
Well said Bob - my thoughts exactly !
Old 15 Jan 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3876264)   #305
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Rest easy everyone. Seems we're all in good hands....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

Oh, and be prepared to eat more lamb and mutton.....
It's an "Eee Ewe" directive.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 11:44 (Ref:3876267)   #306
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's an "Eee Ewe" directive.

You should be 'lambasted' for that one Peter.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3876269)   #307
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

You should be 'lambasted' for that one Peter.
I'm just going to sit back and await a sheepish response to that!
Old 15 Jan 2019, 11:54 (Ref:3876270)   #308
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I never mint any harm.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3876271)   #309
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks to your billionaires, Monaco schools improve its arithmetic. This morning new exam gives: € + $ = £ !
Old 15 Jan 2019, 11:59 (Ref:3876272)   #310
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
You have to laugh, otherwise you’d cry. Not sure what Murray has got to do with brexit though....

Max, you’ve only got a pic of the pilot. I’ve got the real thing- and his close relation Joe Cool is in charge of guiding my truck across euro borders...
Attached Thumbnails
58E63A2E-E93A-4162-9FAE-83DAA2A0DCFF.jpeg   5F2A3B57-8A03-4AA3-904C-72B4C65CAD58.jpeg  
Old 15 Jan 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3876274)   #311
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
And Woodstock is already a Hairy Canary…
Old 15 Jan 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3876296)   #312
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well we should all be put out of our misery tonight when our beloved MPs vote tonight (about 7pm I think).

'Should' being the operative word - I think this thing is going to run and run.......
Old 15 Jan 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3876299)   #313
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Well we should all be put out of our misery tonight when our beloved MPs vote tonight (about 7pm I think).

'Should' being the operative word - I think this thing is going to run and run.......

It gives them something to do.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3876326)   #314
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Hurrah, says I.

Amazed me that the Beeb news the other night spent the first 12 minutes with excessively prolonged clips of afresaid weeping and wailing and discussion of what a tragedy it was.........didn't impress me one bit

Been desperately trying to think for a riposte to Peter's pun but couldn't think of anything to CAP it.....
Old 15 Jan 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3876327)   #315
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
It gives them something to do.

Sort of reminds me of a line from (IIRC) Yes Minister about politicians' response to crisis...

"Something must be done"

"Ah, this is something - we must do it!"
Old 15 Jan 2019, 19:15 (Ref:3876337)   #316
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUO
Been desperately trying to think for a riposte to Peter's pun but couldn't think of anything to CAP it [/QUOTE]

Baa! Humbug! OK I will not ram it home, life does not always have a fleecy lining, but some mutt on speed, will only give you the chop. I could go on but I know you will flock to make me jump over the fence … time for sleep.
Old 15 Jan 2019, 20:51 (Ref:3876355)   #317
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You're all baaaaaamy
Old 16 Jan 2019, 10:33 (Ref:3876426)   #318
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I have a green car one . . . used to live in the Cortina, now on the shelf with a few other momento's in the workshop.

Quote:
You have to laugh, otherwise you’d cry. Not sure what Murray has got to do with brexit though....

Max, you’ve only got a pic of the pilot. I’ve got the real thing- and his close relation Joe Cool is in charge of guiding my truck across euro borders...
Old 16 Jan 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3876437)   #319
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Definitely off topic, but I’m still a big Snoopy fan. Even got a Shulz ‘Snoopy Classics’ book.
Old 16 Jan 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3876442)   #320
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What? Off topic now? When I read that after you "leaving" you won't be able to find a plumber, comics/cartoons sound like serious business for sure. And bauble will explain why LH can't challenge Snoopy, any time, any car, any track! This is serious. Please…

Bob, you can chose the language, French, Jurassic Park or South Park!
Signé: Gaston Lagaffe ! Gomer Goof in English!

Last edited by Gerard C; 16 Jan 2019 at 11:16. Reason: Just found Gomer Goof!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3876667)   #321
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Me too . . . . My dad was a fan too, he and I up the park about 1975/6!

Quote:
Definitely off topic, but I’m still a big Snoopy fan. Even got a Shulz ‘Snoopy Classics’ book.
Attached Thumbnails
me n dad.jpg  
Old 19 Jan 2019, 07:46 (Ref:3877141)   #322
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Of course; the ATA & CPD carnet system has been going since long before the EU, it's the internationally recognised way of moving stuff around for temporary import & export, as the GOV notice explains. CPD is what's used for vehicles, I'm hoping that accompanying tools and spares can be included on the CPD, rather than a further ATA one.
I'm also wondering how CARS managed to get a monopoly on issue - the AA and RAC used to issue them back in the 60s but suspect since those organisations went commercial carnets got put in the 'too difficult' box.
Going back to carnets, and the fact that there are two types- ATA and CPD. Correct me if I’m wrong, David, but CPD can only be issued for a vehicle that is registered in the UK- in other words there is a V5 in existence? Hence the problem with a pure race car needing to be covered by an ATA. And the trailer on another.

From info passed on by another racer who spoke to CARS, they can only issue CPD carnets, while ATA versions have to be obtained from a ‘local’ Chamber of Commerce. Is that how you read it? The suggestion was that race car, tools, spares etc would be covered by one ATA, and the tow vehicle by a CPD. What I don’t understand is why the tow vehicle needs any carnet. If you were travelling in the same vehicle just for a holiday would you need a carnet then?

I’ve no idea how the figure is worked out, but appears there is a guarantee or bond to be paid to the carnet issuer (as well as the issuing cost) in case the ‘goods’ covered by said carnet are not re-imported......

Let’s just hope none of this ever gets to happen for access into mainland Europe.
Old 19 Jan 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3877174)   #323
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Yes Mike, CPD for cars registered on a V5 - as all mine are. I don't know about pure racecars - but there must be plenty of people that do know - I refer to the FJ 3-year world tour that's just ended, cars from USA, SA, Oz, NZ etc have been schlepping round the world. And hasn't delta just shipped a car down under for fun and frolics next month? 'just because most of us don't do it doesn't mean it's difficult'.
Yes the bail bond I expect would be as it was back in the 60s, as I mentioned earlier. It did apply to road cars being driven on holiday too, but back then the only country requiring actual money to be lodged was Spain; my father and I drove through 7 countries to Istanbul and back on a carnet provided IIRC by the RAC continental travel service, but there was no actual bond sum paid. There was a mutual understanding that holidaymakers would be returning in the same vehicle they went in.
Old 19 Jan 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3877179)   #324
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thank you David. I have no issue with carnets should I wish to race in the USA, NZ or wherever, but when travelling to mainland Europe 8 times plus a year by ferry, would rather not have to waste time having to find a customs person at every port of exit and entry in order to get the documents stamped....
Old 19 Jan 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3877206)   #325
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think I`ll confine myself to racing in the UK for 2019 or at least until the dust settles. I`m fortunate in having the choice. I only hope things work out for you chaps having to take customers cars abroad.
We used to take rally cars into Europe in the 1970`s and I have personal experience of the chaos one uninformed/snotty port official can cause.