Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jul 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3917878)   #151
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Great race throughout......just loved Lewis setting fastest lap (just!) on last lap....though I imagine the team were a bit twitchy.

Good performances from all the youngsters
The team trusts him implicitly – the guy is the greatest racing driver ever to emanate from these sceptred isles and we should be proud of him. But the youngsters are gathering in the wings... Five years on, it will be Leclerc and Verstappen fighting it out to be top dog, with Lew happily expanding his business empire in LA and Seb back with his family, looking back ruefully on a career which nosedived with spectacular suddenness. If he doesn't retire now (or isn't sacked), 2020 will be a bloody nightmare, as Charles blows him into the weeds of history.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3917880)   #152
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
The team trusts him implicitly – the guy is the greatest racing driver ever to emanate from these sceptred isles and we should be proud of him. But the youngsters are gathering in the wings... Five years on, it will be Leclerc and Verstappen fighting it out to be top dog, with Lew happily expanding his business empire in LA and Seb back with his family, looking back ruefully on a career which nosedived with spectacular suddenness. If he doesn't retire now (or isn't sacked), 2020 will be a bloody nightmare, as Charles blows him into the weeds of history.
Discuss........
Old 15 Jul 2019, 19:30 (Ref:3917897)   #153
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Discuss........
Please do!
Old 15 Jul 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3917898)   #154
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jim Clark wa....urgh no I can't get into another Greatest of All Time discussion. I just don't have it in me.

Shinji Nakano is the greatest of all time. And he once visited the UK, which makes him as British as half our sporting heros. #VoteForShinji
Old 15 Jul 2019, 19:54 (Ref:3917900)   #155
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What about Mark Webber? He lived here long enough. So did Alonso in fact
Old 15 Jul 2019, 22:12 (Ref:3917942)   #156
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Discuss........
Quote:
Five years on, it will be Leclerc and Verstappen fighting it out to be top dog
Possibly. Or maybe someone we don't think about at this moment, someone in F2/F3. Where was Leclerc 5 years ago? Or Verstappen 5 years before he won his first rave? Or Hamilton in 2002?
Old 16 Jul 2019, 09:21 (Ref:3917973)   #157
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
While most people focused on the overtaking by Verstappen as a glimpse into the future I believe the mistake he made on cold tyres is a better indication of a likely future.
Old 16 Jul 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3917975)   #158
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
While most people focused on the overtaking by Verstappen as a glimpse into the future I believe the mistake he made on cold tyres is a better indication of a likely future.
Leclerc does seem to make him more nervous than any of the other drivers.
Old 16 Jul 2019, 13:37 (Ref:3918008)   #159
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The new more aggressive Leclerc was a joy to watch in his battle with a previously more aggressive Max. Cant wait for the next episode.
Old 16 Jul 2019, 14:22 (Ref:3918018)   #160
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can’t help, but think we are looking at a future rivalry between the two. Now imagine if they were in the same team
Old 16 Jul 2019, 14:25 (Ref:3918020)   #161
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can’t help, but think we are looking at a future rivalry between the two. Now imagine if they were in the same team
A future rivalry? Looks ongoing.
Old 16 Jul 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3918041)   #162
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I think that with Vettel's star having waned (or seemingly fizzled out), I'd say that battle was now well and truly joined......
Old 17 Jul 2019, 01:39 (Ref:3918082)   #163
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Leclerc is now three points behind Vettel in the championship.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 07:17 (Ref:3918094)   #164
S griffin
Veteran

Ferrari should forget any number 1 and number 2 policy now, it's not worth it
Old 17 Jul 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3918132)   #165
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think we might be being a bit premature writing off Vettel just yet. He's been a bit clumsy for a while now. If I owned an antiques shop, I'd certainly be nervous if he was walking around it. But he's still got the pace to deliver on his day. It's just that Leclerc is doing the seemingly inevitable and after a steady not spectacular start to his Ferrari career, is already showing an edge over him. It was probably always going to happen if you look at how he got on in the Sauber. Vettel is now a very good 2nd driver at Ferrari.

Er.. discuss.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3918133)   #166
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Discuss........
Okay.

I think if the Mercedes is still a competitor for wins, Hamilton will want to stick around to beat Schumacher's record of championships. He already stands to become the most successful driver by wins (in fact, he would draw level with Michael on 91 if he won every remaining race this year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Jim Clark wa....urgh no I can't get into another Greatest of All Time discussion. I just don't have it in me.

Shinji Nakano is the greatest of all time. And he once visited the UK, which makes him as British as half our sporting heros. #VoteForShinji
If Ten-Tenths had been around during his career, that's why I'd have voted for him in the polls. Because he's British.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3918172)   #167
S griffin
Veteran

I remember Max Mosley once said Lewis would beat Schumi’s records and that was back in 08. Well he’s already beaten him on poles, wouldn’t be surprised to see him beat him on wins too
Old 19 Jul 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3918454)   #168
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
How far away from Schu's total wins is Sham now?

Surely it's inevitable that he will surpass it now?

If he wasn't in a Merc he'd be in another car capable of winning (but not Ferrari!)

I find it interesting that some think Leclerc didn't make a great start to his Ferrari career? Would have won his 2nd race....
I think he's done better than the team expected....

We know he's bloody quick, and calm & collected. Now we also know he's got wheel to wheel racecraft right up there with anyone we've seen in the last 20 years! Frightening prospect!!!

The move on Max at Vale reminded me so much of Montoya on Schu at the Bus Stop back in '04. Great confidence and guile.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3918470)   #169
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will take part in this meaningful discussion...close your eyes and imagine if Vettel was the driver who was let go and Kimi remained with Ferrari. The current landscape of every racetrack would be transformed. Leclerc battling with Verstappen while trying to chase Kimi.....

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 19 Jul 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3918471)   #170
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Pass me the bottle.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 17:38 (Ref:3918507)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I will take part in this meaningful discussion...close your eyes and imagine if Vettel was the driver who was let go and Kimi remained with Ferrari. The current landscape of every racetrack would be transformed. Leclerc battling with Verstappen while trying to chase Kimi.....

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
I'm a great believer in the option of escaping from real life by indulging in dreams and fantasies. The saving grace is that I'm confident that you don't really believe that Pete....... (or if you do, that you have suitable counselling on hand..... ).
Old 29 Aug 2019, 03:29 (Ref:3924584)   #172
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Location checks out...
Old 29 Aug 2019, 03:34 (Ref:3924585)   #173
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I've mentioned it before, and I realize he's one of the greatest of all time, but hamilton has the biggest horseshoe up his rear it is unreal. How convenient he gets a fairly unnecessary safety car at the perfect time to benefit him. And at silverstone, no less! Go figure...
Old 29 Aug 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3924602)   #174
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Perhaps you don’t really believe that.
Old 29 Aug 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3924613)   #175
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I've mentioned it before, and I realize he's one of the greatest of all time, but hamilton has the biggest horseshoe up his rear it is unreal. How convenient he gets a fairly unnecessary safety car at the perfect time to benefit him. And at silverstone, no less! Go figure...
There are probably as many times in Hamilton's career where he has been unlucky as much as lucky. The difference is, he is repeatedly in the position where 'luck' can benefit him.