Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Jul 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3917221)   #5226
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Kind of knew Laser Tools would switch but I thought it would be next year, the Merc is going nowhere (same with Cicerly - im expecting them to change something up before next season) so makes sense to get some race distances under their belt to understand the car and where it is before a full assault next year.

Odds on Team Hard running 3 mercs next year now?
Would make sense for cicely to move to c class.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 15 Jul 2019, 06:57 (Ref:3917752)   #5227
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thinking of heading to the tyre test at Snetterton on Wednesday. Can anyone confirm if the day is timetabled and is it just BTCC or are support series there as well ? Do teams tend to do a lot of mileage ? Thanks !
Old 15 Jul 2019, 07:33 (Ref:3917755)   #5228
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Thinking of heading to the tyre test at Snetterton on Wednesday. Can anyone confirm if the day is timetabled and is it just BTCC or are support series there as well ? Do teams tend to do a lot of mileage ? Thanks !
Just Btcc, I made it up a few years ago as was visiting friends in Suffolk that week and it rained so spent most of the day in the car eating sandwiches, but teams were putting the laps in and it was generally an open pit to go and talk to people and grab pictures etc.
I think thr cafe and toilets etc were open but don't expect burger stands and ice cream vans you get at an actual weekend event
Old 15 Jul 2019, 08:21 (Ref:3917764)   #5229
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reasonable mileage according to the timing data from last years event here: https://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=T.../182841trg.pdf
Old 15 Jul 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3917801)   #5230
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Like Moffats reply to a post on the BTCC facebook group.

post - "Now he can be mediocre in a nice new model"

reply - "there’s a second one there if you want to put your money where you keyboard warrior mouth is"
Nice one. I rate this young man highly and have done long before his first BTCC outing in the Cruze. If he and his team can develop the car then there's no good reason it can't be a good 'un. RWD should help at some tracks, and aero wise eyesight says it's going to be cleaner through the air than the A Class.

Wondering if we'll see the A Class on track with another team in the future or whether the Laser boys have stripped it of bits for the Infiniti? Have to wonder Ciceley are working on something for next year too...
Old 15 Jul 2019, 12:01 (Ref:3917816)   #5231
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Can anyone confirm if the day is timetabled and is it just BTCC or are support series there as well ?
AM session starts at 9, PM session finishes at 5, an hour for lunch in the middle.

Just BTCC teams. Paddock dinner will be open but don't expect any burger vans. Don't expect any commentary.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3917821)   #5232
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
aero wise eyesight says it's going to be cleaner through the air than the A Class.
Not a perfect measure, but a good indication of cleanness through the air of the base models can be derived from the coefficient of drag and frontal area figures:

ModelCdArea m^2CdA
G20 3-Series0.232.220.51
Q500.26N/KN/K
Civic FK80.26N/KN/K
Civic FK20.27N/KN/K
A-Class0.282.20.62
Avensis0.28N/KN/K
VW CC0.3N/KN/K
A40.312.20.68
Giulietta0.31N/KN/K
F20 1-Series0.322.140.68
Giulia0.32N/KN/K
Corolla0.32N/KN/K
S30.342.130.72
Focus RS0.36N/KN/K
Old 15 Jul 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3917882)   #5233
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Genuinely surprised that the A Class figure wasn't higher - I imagined it would be on par with the slab fronted Giulietta.
Old 15 Jul 2019, 18:42 (Ref:3917888)   #5234
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I see that HMS are bringing Rob Austin out to the tyre test to dust the cobwebs off the Alfa

Talking to the team at the AROC National Alfa Day where they had the second car on display they were pretty confident that they'll be back next year
Old 15 Jul 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3917890)   #5235
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Genuinely surprised that the A Class figure wasn't higher - I imagined it would be on par with the slab fronted Giulietta.
Some manufacturers (typically those of higher priced cars) spend a lot of time on improving their aero. It's one of the unseen factors that makes makes them better engineered cars over cheaper alternatives.

The new A-Class saloon has a very impressive Cd of 0.22, but a lot of work goes into getting that figure.

'the A-Class's aerodynamics were managed by minimizing the car's frontal area on the drawing board, developing sealing further to include even the headlamp surroundings, and paneling nearly the entire underbody, including the engine bay and rear axle. There's also an optional shutter system for the radiator grille on some markets, to further reroute airflow.'
Old 15 Jul 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3917933)   #5236
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the info.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 22:21 (Ref:3918242)   #5237
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Can someone knowledge me? What are the NGTC rules for the car’s underbodies? Are flat bottoms allowed?
Old 18 Jul 2019, 06:52 (Ref:3918289)   #5238
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
I know WSR had worked hard on a flat bottom (must stop sniggering) on the 1. And were then made to take it away for 2018.

Cue crmalcolm rule book in hand...
Old 18 Jul 2019, 07:54 (Ref:3918299)   #5239
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Can someone knowledge me? What are the NGTC rules for the car’s underbodies? Are flat bottoms allowed?
only under the front part. under the engine area
not the whole underbody
Old 21 Jul 2019, 10:31 (Ref:3918715)   #5240
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Something that I'm surprised we haven't discussed a bit more is what's happened to engineer Geoff Kingston? I assume he is still with Matt Simpson but for a man of such reputation, last year he went to Team Hard, they went backwards, this year same with Simpson.
Old 22 Jul 2019, 08:36 (Ref:3918807)   #5241
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I heard on the commentary at Croft that he's left Simpson and he is on the market again
Old 22 Jul 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3918825)   #5242
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I heard on the commentary at Croft that he's left Simpson and he is on the market again

Correct - he is no longer with the team
Old 22 Jul 2019, 12:46 (Ref:3918835)   #5243
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Damaged goods I think. Would fit in at Ferrari F1!
Old 22 Jul 2019, 12:53 (Ref:3918837)   #5244
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’ve met him a few times and I guess he hasn’t really gelled with HARD and Simpson, the same way he did with Colin and Tingram
Old 22 Jul 2019, 14:12 (Ref:3918843)   #5245
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe BMR should try and engage him to their team. This could be a boost for the team as they struggle this year even in places where they usually did well.
Old 22 Jul 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3918844)   #5246
S griffin
Veteran

He did work with them in 2014, but that was because Menu was there
Old 22 Jul 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3918902)   #5247
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC official news feed trumpeting Austin’s “pace “ at the Snetterton test. New tyres, weight out low fuel and goodness knows how much boost. No only did he make the regulars look stupid now the Championship has joined in as well. Maybe he should show up at Snetterton race and show everybody what he really has...
Old 22 Jul 2019, 20:01 (Ref:3918904)   #5248
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
He did work with them in 2014, but that was because Menu was there
You're right, I forgot about that!
Old 22 Jul 2019, 20:25 (Ref:3918909)   #5249
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
BTCC official news feed trumpeting Austin’s “pace “ at the Snetterton test. New tyres, weight out low fuel and goodness knows how much boost. No only did he make the regulars look stupid now the Championship has joined in as well. Maybe he should show up at Snetterton race and show everybody what he really has...

Ridiculous low weight/high boost lap for a time he couldn't replicate in that car in normal conditions if his life depended on it.

So why is the official feed is now covering people not actually in the championship? why are they at official tests?
Yes they have a TBL loaned out but by definition that stopped them being involved.

How many other teams with nothing but aspirations have been given this treatment to help them get sponsors again?
Old 22 Jul 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3918910)   #5250
S griffin
Veteran

Typical glory run to attract backing?