Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jul 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3918143)   #151
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's a fair point but it is a fine line between dreamer and charlatan. The cynical side of me is leaning towards the latter.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3918219)   #152
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Charlatan?

"You may very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment."

Whatever, I'm sure it is NOT a clever marketing campaign.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 17 Jul 2019, 19:13 (Ref:3918220)   #153
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, I don't understand the thought it's a clever marketing campaign. They haven't produced anything yet so what are they marketing? The name isn't worth anything and has been dropped, the previous advertising can't be sold with the old logos, any produced product not yet sold has to be destroyed if it has the old logo, there's nothing left to market or sell. Feels to me like a blowhard who suckered people in for fast cash and profits blinding them to the obvious.

I'm thinking we'll find out they were washing illegitimate cash and now Storey and his underling Zoran Terzic have clean cash in their accounts. Probably much less than they were hoping but some is better than none. The question is whose money was it and has his big mouth doomed him now?
Old 18 Jul 2019, 00:13 (Ref:3918263)   #154
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree that it's not some clever marketing campaign. It is the dumpster fire that it appears to be.

Will the company move forward with a product or is the recent steps the first steps toward a controlled dissolution? Did the new owners pay Whyte what they are owed? Do they have funds to honor whatever agreement exists with Haas? Lightning Volt can't be the new brand name. Will it be Rich Energy or something else? What will be on the Haas car at the next GP?

Richard
Old 18 Jul 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3918326)   #155
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I agree that it's not some clever marketing campaign. It is the dumpster fire that it appears to be.

Will the company move forward with a product or is the recent steps the first steps toward a controlled dissolution? Did the new owners pay Whyte what they are owed? Do they have funds to honor whatever agreement exists with Haas? Lightning Volt can't be the new brand name. Will it be Rich Energy or something else? What will be on the Haas car at the next GP?

Richard
The last I saw the new registered address of Lightning Volt was at a dissolution and "rep cleansing" company before they quickly updated to remove the name but the address remains. I'll have to look but I think Autosport had the listing from Companies House earlier this week. It sounded to me like they were rolling everything up, trying to get any cash they could out and be done with it. It does leave the interesting point of Haas and all that baggage of the name and livery. They can't change the registered team name so that will be a constant reminder, and guessing the livery guys must be working hard for new film to cover the cars with the old grey Haas branding. But what is the FOM/FIA rule about a livery change, or is there one?
Old 18 Jul 2019, 11:46 (Ref:3918331)   #156
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
But what is the FOM/FIA rule about a livery change, or is there one?
Red Bull ran a 007 livery for the Silverstone GP, so changes must be permitted.

Teams regularly change sponsors during the season, and their logos are continually updated.

McLaren changed from Black/Silver to to Dark Grey during the 2015 season.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3918345)   #157
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I remember DC saying he needed the permission of all the other teams to run his Wings for Life livery for his last race in Brazil in 08
Old 18 Jul 2019, 14:12 (Ref:3918351)   #158
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I remember DC saying he needed the permission of all the other teams to run his Wings for Life livery for his last race in Brazil in 08
Wasn't that because the two cars would have different liveries, not merely because it was changing?

The same reason we saw the 'zip' livery on the BARs.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3918354)   #159
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe that teams are permitted to change liveries at any time during the season, provided that they change both cars.

However, I further believe that Haas would need to get the approval of all the other teams to change the name of the team's entrant assuming that Rich Energy no longer exists as title sponsor. Currently the team is officially known as Rich Energy Haas F1 Team.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3918358)   #160
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Will the company move forward with a product or is the recent steps the first steps toward a controlled dissolution? Did the new owners pay Whyte what they are owed? Do they have funds to honor whatever agreement exists with Haas?
Mr Storey was due in court today for a fast-track trial as a defendant against claims from Vin-X that they are due a 20% share holding. Is 20% of zero still worth anything?

In the County Court at Mayors and City of London
Thursday 18 July 2019
Before Recorder Deal QC
Start TimeCase Details

10:00 AM E01CL088 1) MR PETER SHAKESHAFTS 2) VIN-X LIMITED -v- 1) MR WILLIAM STOREY 2) RICH ENERGY LIMITED - 1 DAY FAST TRACK TRIAL
Old 18 Jul 2019, 15:07 (Ref:3918359)   #161
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BDG Group (Business Debt Gone) buys a failing company for £ 1, changes directors, registered address and company name and then tries to save directors bacon (of course at the expense of all those owed money) for an undisclosed fee.

They're proud of being the UK's leading "unlicensed Insolvency Practitioners"... but that almost seems normal for William Storey and Rich Energy...

I see Rich Energy have changed their Twitter profile pics to a re-designed antler logo and their website as well...

Last edited by andrewc; 18 Jul 2019 at 15:17.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 19:35 (Ref:3918386)   #162
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
BDG Group (Business Debt Gone) buys a failing company for £ 1, changes directors, registered address and company name and then tries to save directors bacon (of course at the expense of all those owed money) for an undisclosed fee.

They're proud of being the UK's leading "unlicensed Insolvency Practitioners"... but that almost seems normal for William Storey and Rich Energy...

I see Rich Energy have changed their Twitter profile pics to a re-designed antler logo and their website as well...
I was confused myself when reading about the group who bought the assets. Figured the courts wouldn't allow someone to just close up shop, sell whatever they had and be done, surely there's some recourse for any investors. But it sounds like these guys at BDG try to make the old debts disappear and I'm guessing it helps no one but their pocket.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 19:41 (Ref:3918387)   #163
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The redesign antler logo is quite clearly a "twos up" insult.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 03:09 (Ref:3918415)   #164
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And now Red Bull get in on the act....

With the expected we are better twitter response from Storey / Rich Energy

https://twitter.com/rich_energy/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Had to laugh at the reference to Mr Ginger Spice and Dr Helmet
This gets better every day.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3918421)   #165
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I know I am adding to an already bloated thread but help me with this .,The thread on Niki Lauda's death ran to 4 pages ,this one to 11 . The former was about one of our greatest ever drivers , the latter about a snake oil huckster in F1 coming unstuck , the latest in a very , very long line. What am I missing ? Why is it so interesting ? It's only , y'know, just a sticker on a car ...
Old 19 Jul 2019, 06:53 (Ref:3918423)   #166
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I know I am adding to an already bloated thread but help me with this .,The thread on Niki Lauda's death ran to 4 pages ,this one to 11 . The former was about one of our greatest ever drivers , the latter about a snake oil huckster in F1 coming unstuck , the latest in a very , very long line. What am I missing ? Why is it so interesting ? It's only , y'know, just a sticker on a car ...
Nikis death was sad but there isn't much to add. It was a short event, and everyone says RIP but that's about all you can add.

Rich Energy has been an ongoing saga for months, which changes (sometimes) several times a day. It's also entertaining - it's fun discussing it because we're all on the same page (which is unusual for F1 fans).

Niki is far more important, but there is less to be said.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3918426)   #167
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Nikis death was sad but there isn't much to add. It was a short event, and everyone says RIP but that's about all you can add.

Rich Energy has been an ongoing saga for months, which changes (sometimes) several times a day. It's also entertaining - it's fun discussing it because we're all on the same page (which is unusual for F1 fans).

Niki is far more important, but there is less to be said.
Nicely put
Old 19 Jul 2019, 07:01 (Ref:3918427)   #168
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I remember people used to say F1 was one of the greatest soap operas ever. This seems to confirm the fact, although the saga of Rich Energy seems more like a sitcom
Old 19 Jul 2019, 07:38 (Ref:3918431)   #169
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
And now Red Bull get in on the act....

The existence of this claim was brought to the public domain by Storey, which does raise questions over its validity.

An interesting article here though does seem to suggest this is a legitimate case.

'Although the defendants have not yet filed a defence, because the claim is under the Shorter Trials Scheme (STS) the Particulars of Claim give a good flavour of the key issues in dispute.

RBG bases its claim on two UK trade marks: no. 3129030 for RED BULL, and no. 3058007 for GIVES YOU WINGS (both for energy drinks in Class 32). It alleges that the defendants have used (in advertising):

The hashtag #betterthanredbull in various posts on the Rich Energy Instagram, Facebook and Twitter pages;
The signs WINGS and GIVES YOU WINGS as part of "FORGET THE WINGS" and "FORGET WINGS RICH ENERGY GIVES YOU HORNS" on the Rich Energy Facebook page and website; and
The sign BULL as part of "NO BULL", "No Bull..." (which, on two occasions, was posted in blue and red, the colours prominently features on Red Bull products) and "#nobull" on the Rich Energy Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. '
Old 19 Jul 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3918439)   #170
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The existence of this claim was brought to the public domain by Storey, which does raise questions over its validity.

An interesting article here though does seem to suggest this is a legitimate case.

'Although the defendants have not yet filed a defence, because the claim is under the Shorter Trials Scheme (STS) the Particulars of Claim give a good flavour of the key issues in dispute.

RBG bases its claim on two UK trade marks: no. 3129030 for RED BULL, and no. 3058007 for GIVES YOU WINGS (both for energy drinks in Class 32). It alleges that the defendants have used (in advertising):

The hashtag #betterthanredbull in various posts on the Rich Energy Instagram, Facebook and Twitter pages;
The signs WINGS and GIVES YOU WINGS as part of "FORGET THE WINGS" and "FORGET WINGS RICH ENERGY GIVES YOU HORNS" on the Rich Energy Facebook page and website; and
The sign BULL as part of "NO BULL", "No Bull..." (which, on two occasions, was posted in blue and red, the colours prominently features on Red Bull products) and "#nobull" on the Rich Energy Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. '
If its real you cant argue with Red Bull for being angry. Storey has been essentially slandering his competition with their own trademarks. He thought it worked out for his rebel approach, but slandering your competitors is never going to help you in the long run.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3918466)   #171
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
If its real you cant argue with Red Bull for being angry. Storey has been essentially slandering his competition with their own trademarks. He thought it worked out for his rebel approach, but slandering your competitors is never going to help you in the long run.
Yeah, that would only work for a quick more laid back tweet style, esp IF the Haas passes a Red Bull on track. But his efforts seemed more angry and mock the successful brand.
Old 19 Jul 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3918517)   #172
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those with an Autosport subscription, there's a full article on this saga at https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...e-sponsor-saga
Old 19 Jul 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3918524)   #173
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
No one in this thread thinks it is more important or more interesting than Niki’s career or life.

But as Akrapovic says, what’s to add in the other thread.

You posted twice in that thread if you reply to this, which surely you will do out of courtesy, will that mean you find why people post in threads as interesting that Niki Lauda?
Old 20 Jul 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3918587)   #174
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rich energy logo replaced by something very similar on Rick Parfitt's car😜

https://mobile.twitter.com/RickParfittJnr/status/1152263609524850688
Old 20 Jul 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3918641)   #175
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
Rich energy logo replaced by something very similar on Rick Parfitt's car😜

https://mobile.twitter.com/RickParfi...63609524850688
At least they only had to change the name of the sponsor, not the logo