Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Jul 2019, 10:14 (Ref:3917976)   #126
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's a Netuar Peugeot?
Old 16 Jul 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3917978)   #127
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some pics here: https://www.google.com/search?q=Netu...VtCYJdM:&vet=1
Old 16 Jul 2019, 10:21 (Ref:3917979)   #128
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah – thanks. New one to me, wonder where that's been unearthed from.
Old 16 Jul 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3917983)   #129
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed I think South Africe rings a bell.
Old 16 Jul 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3918003)   #130
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Built by Rauten Hartmann for the South African Gold Star series the Netuar also competed against the European manufacturers in the non championship South African Formula One races held in the Northern Hemisphere winter . Named after it's creators christian name reversed , the Netuar competed in the Rand Grand Prix from 1961 to 1964 only finishing once in those four attempts .

The Netuar was entered for the recent HGPCA races at Brands Hatch but was a DNS so hopefully it will make it to Silverstone . The Netuar joins a healthy representation of South African cars in the HGPCA series with , Assegai , LDS and Heron cars already competing .
Old 17 Jul 2019, 07:30 (Ref:3918102)   #131
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a Stunning Endurance Legends grid.

-26 Cars
-Bentley Speed 8
-2 Peugoet 908
-Porsche RS Spyder LMP2-
Even a Morgan Aero.Any similarities to yours Mike.��
10 GT's.

Cannot wait.And it so far forecast to be a scorcher.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 09:57 (Ref:3918122)   #132
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
What a Stunning Endurance Legends grid.

-26 Cars
-Bentley Speed 8
-2 Peugoet 908
-Porsche RS Spyder LMP2-
Even a Morgan Aero.Any similarities to yours Mike.��
10 GT's.

Cannot wait.And it so far forecast to be a scorcher.
The weather forecast certainly looks good, let’s hope no thunderstorms for delta Marshals BBQ......

Morgan Aeros raced in modern GT and even Le Mans twice. Awesome looking piece of kit, especially the De Walt car...... https://www.racingsportscars.com/typ.../Aero%208.html
Old 17 Jul 2019, 11:52 (Ref:3918142)   #133
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
The weather forecast certainly looks good, let’s hope no thunderstorms for delta Marshals BBQ......

Morgan Aeros raced in modern GT and even Le Mans twice. Awesome looking piece of kit, especially the De Walt car...... https://www.racingsportscars.com/typ.../Aero%208.html
Very nice.Very unusual to see one nowadays.

Seeing that Bentley though.

Will be highlight of the year for me if it turns up.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3918170)   #134
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Very nice.Very unusual to see one nowadays.

Seeing that Bentley though Will be highlight of the year for me if it turns up.
Sadly one of the Aeros got totalled by its present owner at Silverstone a few years back, and the car has not been rebuilt. Not sure if the other went to the USA or somewhere.

Agree about the Bentley- bring a Union Jack to wave.....
Old 17 Jul 2019, 13:49 (Ref:3918177)   #135
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Sadly one of the Aeros got totalled by its present owner at Silverstone a few years back, and the car has not been rebuilt. Not sure if the other went to the USA or somewhere.

Agree about the Bentley- bring a Union Jack to wave.....
Its one of those cars along with the Ferrari 512M and the Peugoet 905 that I never thought couple of years back I'd see.

What part of the Paddock will you be in Mike?
Old 17 Jul 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3918180)   #136
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Mike will be based in the National Paddocks no doubt together with Delta. I'll be mostly in the Wing, with short visits to the Nat Pits for the MRL HTCC/TonyDron race. So do come and say hello if you get the time.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 14:32 (Ref:3918184)   #137
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Your tenths initiation is to help with the BBQ.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3918188)   #138
Willmaz223
Veteran

Thanks Peter.I fully intend to if I can tear my eyes away from the cars.

Probably Friday Morning/Lunch probably.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 15:15 (Ref:3918192)   #139
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Your tenths initiation is to help with the BBQ.
How?

That blooming picture...
Old 17 Jul 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3918198)   #140
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
How?
Turn up and find out.

Quote:
Thanks Peter.I fully intend to if I can tear my eyes away from the cars.

Probably Friday Morning/Lunch probably.
I'll be down there from around 12 mid day. I'll be up with Ken Clarke in the morning in the HTCC pits. I don't qualify until around 2pm.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 17 Jul 2019 at 16:05. Reason: Talking to myself.
Old 17 Jul 2019, 16:22 (Ref:3918202)   #141
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its one of those cars along with the Ferrari 512M and the Peugoet 905 that I never thought couple of years back I'd see.

What part of the Paddock will you be in Mike?
The Ferrari won`t be there, but the Halusa` in their Alfa Romeo will be..
https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/gall...T3-145291.html
Old 17 Jul 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3918207)   #142
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8en View Post
The Ferrari won`t be there, but the Halusa` in their Alfa Romeo will be..
https://www.ultimatecarpage.com/gall...T3-145291.html
That was racing at Dijon recently. Lovely car, but so’s the 512!

As for paddock location, we will be in the old ‘National’ one, less claustrophobic and quieter..... From what delta has ascertained, somewhere near the petrol station and shower/toilet block. No doubt Andy (chief Nat paddock vehicle parker and very nice bloke) will sort us out on arrival!
Old 17 Jul 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3918227)   #143
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While we wait for the entry lists to appear here's a clue to some of the runners with the test day list: https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...on-Listing.pdf
Old 18 Jul 2019, 06:25 (Ref:3918281)   #144
Willmaz223
Veteran

Great to see on the HSCC test entry the Alfa T33/3.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3918364)   #145
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okie dokie here's a few more entry lists to get stuck into, this time from MotorRacingLegends:

RAC Woodcote Trophy & Stirling Moss Trophy:

http://www.motorracinglegends.com/wp...ry-list-V1.pdf

Pre-War Sports Cars:

HTCC with Tony Dron Trophy:

Pre 63' GT:

Old 18 Jul 2019, 16:49 (Ref:3918368)   #146
Willmaz223
Veteran

Such a shame the Le Monstre Cadillac is last reserve.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3918370)   #147
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Interesting to see no Rovers in the Tony Dron Trophy. I guess the Capri mods are putting people off.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3918371)   #148
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Okie dokie here's a few more entry lists to get stuck into, this time from MotorRacingLegends:

RAC Woodcote Trophy & Stirling Moss Trophy:

Pre-War Sports Cars:

HTCC with Tony Dron Trophy:

Pre 63' GT:

Stunning.

Ferrari 250 GT Breadvan
Le Monstre Cadillac.
8 RS500s
TWR XJS

Quality of the grids is probably the best for a long time at this event
Old 19 Jul 2019, 04:48 (Ref:3918419)   #149
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any live stream of this event so I can watch from Australia?
Old 19 Jul 2019, 06:16 (Ref:3918420)   #150
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Watts and Swift in Metro Turbo will be killing a few giants, that is guaranteed .

Depressingly , I was in my thirties when I saw PW doing just that in period.

Tempus bloody fugit...