Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 20 Feb 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2400669)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
2009 Concerts at Le Mans

Has anyone heard if there will be any bands playing again this year, as no practice on Wednesday I doubt we will have the same format as last year but if anyone has heard any gossip I would be interested to know.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 09:44 (Ref:2401288)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Posts on Q&P are here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113202
Old 16 Apr 2009, 07:29 (Ref:2441969)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Still no news on this years band?

Surely someone must have heard something
Old 16 Apr 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2441988)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Still no news on this years band?

Surely someone must have heard something
I've certainly heard nothing, although I do know Trust (now there's a blast from the past!) are playing at the bike 24 hours this weekend.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 07:24 (Ref:2450424)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Not sure how accurate this is but someone posted this on Piston Heads

Wednesday
Pascale Picard (Canadian Folk)
Pep's (French Reggae style)

Saturday to be confirmed
Martin Solveig (French House/Dance DJ)

Know nothing about any of them.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2450664)   #6
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure how accurate this is but someone posted this on Piston Heads

Wednesday
Pascale Picard (Canadian Folk)
Pep's (French Reggae style)

Saturday to be confirmed
Martin Solveig (French House/Dance DJ)

Know nothing about any of them.
I know nothing of the first two.
Martin Solveig (sp?) is a very good club DJ - can't imagine it'll sit very well with the Petrolheads though... IMO Sat night at Le Mans is not a clubbing night!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2450983)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm glad I'll be eating a good meal elsewhere, I think.......
Old 27 Apr 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2450991)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
I know nothing of the first two.
Martin Solveig (sp?) is a very good club DJ - can't imagine it'll sit very well with the Petrolheads though... IMO Sat night at Le Mans is not a clubbing night!
I camped near some Dutch folk last year armed with several fireworks, cigarettes with another substance other than tabacco (), a Hi-Fi system and a Johnny Cash 'Best Of' CD compilation. After that, I have had a phobia of Johnny Cash, Music at Le Mans and a Dutch win in the Soccer European Championships.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2451041)   #9
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm glad I'll be eating a good meal elsewhere, I think.......
Ditto - and sufficiently far away that there's no chance of being able to hear them!
Old 4 May 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2455252)   #10
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.stranglers.net/glist.html

According to their website the stranglers will also be playing at the 24 Hours.
Old 4 May 2009, 17:42 (Ref:2455325)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well if the stranglers do make an appearance I will spare a few minutes right by the campsite at tertre rouge so very handy
Old 4 May 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2455332)   #12
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The trouble with Le Mans these days it that there's no more heroes anymore. [see what I did there?]
Old 4 May 2009, 18:20 (Ref:2455341)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yeh and the stage will bw golden brown aswell
Old 4 May 2009, 18:30 (Ref:2455350)   #14
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I camped near some Dutch folk last year armed with several fireworks, cigarettes with another substance other than tabacco (), a Hi-Fi system and a Johnny Cash 'Best Of' CD compilation. After that, I have had a phobia of Johnny Cash, Music at Le Mans and a Dutch win in the Soccer European Championships.
The Dutch are fantastic people. I spent almost 5 months there last year for work and they're just fascinating! I was there in June, the week after Le Mans during the European Champs and saw they lost. The only thing that happened was that all the orange fluff on the buildings disappeared!
Plus they all speak English (or enough to get through) so I had no problems there!

Golden brown!?!!?
Old 4 May 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2455394)   #15
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
The Dutch are fantastic people. I spent almost 5 months there last year for work and they're just fascinating! I was there in June, the week after Le Mans during the European Champs and saw they lost. The only thing that happened was that all the orange fluff on the buildings disappeared!
Plus they all speak English (or enough to get through) so I had no problems there!

Golden brown!?!!?
I love the Dutch too, just that group got a bit annoying at 3:30 am. One year I played scalextrics on the campsite with them!
Old 5 May 2009, 05:50 (Ref:2455590)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yeh and the stage will bw golden brown aswell
I might just look at the peaches instead !!!
Old 5 May 2009, 06:21 (Ref:2455599)   #17
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I might just look at the peaches instead !!!
But you'd better watch out for the skin deep!
Old 5 May 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2455646)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
looks like the stranglers are a popular choice amongst the older ten-tenthers, just had a look at the line up which although no longer has hugh cornwell on guitar and vocals includes 3 of the original band from the 70's Jet Black, Dave Greenfield and Jean-Jacques Burnel. Baz Warne now takes Hugh Cornwell's place hope they still have the same energy as I remember.
Old 5 May 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2455695)   #19
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the youngster will just have to watch you badly dancing then?

At least I won't get crushed near the front, oh and Dad might actually realise if he was having a full blown conversation with the headlining band!

Yes dad the so called 12 year old was the lead singer of the Hoosiers!
Old 5 May 2009, 17:52 (Ref:2455985)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
looks like the stranglers are a popular choice amongst the older ten-tenthers, just had a look at the line up which although no longer has hugh cornwell on guitar and vocals includes 3 of the original band from the 70's Jet Black, Dave Greenfield and Jean-Jacques Burnel. Baz Warne now takes Hugh Cornwell's place hope they still have the same energy as I remember.

No Hugh Cornwell? Not really the Stranglers then for me......
Old 5 May 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2456054)   #21
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
You won't find me distracted by any musical acts on a stage - the only music I want to hear is V8's, V10's, V12's and tyre roar (sorry, mean diesels!) out on the track.
Old 8 May 2009, 21:44 (Ref:2458256)   #22
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I love the Dutch too
Me too - but they are all utterly barmy
Old 8 May 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2458284)   #23
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Me too - but they are all utterly barmy
I also admire the Dutch, and the Danes, in their ability to drink all the 33 and Krohnenberg from the Super U in Mulsanne in an hour and not get violent or abusive - just utterly crazy, and polite in the extreme?!?

Seriously, those Drinking for Holland guys drank beer like fish drink water, and never passed out!
Old 9 May 2009, 09:27 (Ref:2458440)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Seriously, those Drinking for Holland guys drank beer like fish drink water, and never passed out!
Ahem ..... didnt I see a pic of Paddy_NL passed out on a bench last year !!! ..... maybe he was just asleep instead ?
Old 14 May 2009, 07:48 (Ref:2462155)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The Aco now has details of the concerts for those that are intetrested

Wednesday 9.00PM
PEP's and Pascale Picard

Saturday

Twisted Wheel and the Stranglers

At the usual place by the Dunlop bridge