Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jun 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1632398)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre200
Ayse, check my link again. On pain of a ban, I got the powers that be to change the weather to 'Partly Cloudy'. Humblest apologies, but they couldn't manage blazing sunshine - it was all used up last year

Good man - this is the type of member we need at Tenths - a member who can change the weather as necessary to suit.......
Old 12 Jun 2006, 16:11 (Ref:1632616)   #27
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...ations_gb.html

It seems that some rain won't go amiss at Le Mans, as in the UK there is a water shortage and paddling pools have been banned from the Le Mans campsites! There are going to be some pretty ****ed off campers on the sites this year.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best is my motto for all things weather releated!
Old 12 Jun 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1632620)   #28
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just seen that too, oh well that means there will be more room for Camp Nordic - see you on Wednesday morning !!!
Old 12 Jun 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1632623)   #29
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I have just seen that too, oh well that means there will be more room for Camp Nordic - see you on Wednesday morning !!!

'Camp Nordic' I have been called some names in the past Rob, but this........

First rule of Nordic Tours is, be nice to the driver, there is no second rule.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1632625)   #30
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought the 2nd rule was pay the driver in beer, hopefully the international man of mystry will have that bit sorted out for our arrival !!
Old 13 Jun 2006, 04:52 (Ref:1633122)   #31
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Good man - this is the type of member we need at Tenths - a member who can change the weather as necessary to suit.......
...........and then change it back again the very next day!
Old 13 Jun 2006, 07:42 (Ref:1633183)   #32
Konar
Rookie

Konar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...ations_gb.html

It seems that some rain won't go amiss at Le Mans, as in the UK there is a water shortage and paddling pools have been banned from the Le Mans campsites! There are going to be some pretty ****ed off campers on the sites this year.
Have they ever banned pools before? Is this new for this year and going to be enforced? I've just spent a fortune on a family size swimming pool :-(
Old 13 Jun 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1633447)   #33
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I never heard of banned swimming pool before, so I guess it's new this year

camouflage de rigueur ...
Old 13 Jun 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1633498)   #34
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I believe the ban is due to the water shortage, and does not just apply to LeMans - filling swimming pools is banned generally in the region
Old 13 Jun 2006, 13:33 (Ref:1633505)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If the weather we are having in kent at the moment follows us down we won't need a hosepipe to fill the paddling pools anyway.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1633622)   #36
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
This is what Audi thinks:
Quote:
Audi's own weather people predict cooler than today but no rain, which will be good for everybody. Tom stated: "Rain would make it difficult because of the huge torque."
source: lemans.org
Old 13 Jun 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1633626)   #37
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
This is what Audi thinks:
source: lemans.org
thats sorted then, thanks Audi
Old 13 Jun 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1633641)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, huge torque and rain!
Old 13 Jun 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1633656)   #39
WouterM
Racer

Netherlands
WouterM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
thats sorted then, thanks Audi
They render everybody, now also including the weathermen useless.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1633717)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think there's far too much torque on here about rain, if you ask me........
Old 14 Jun 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1634663)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RLM interview:
What will happen with the weather?
Johanson: "Some say rain, some sun, what will happen will happen..."
Old 14 Jun 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1634673)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Nicolas Minassian: I think i will be dry tomorrow, but you can never tell.
(another RLM interview)
Old 14 Jun 2006, 22:49 (Ref:1634713)   #43
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I think there's far too much torque on here about rain, if you ask me........

...oh dear... lol
Old 15 Jun 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1634851)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sorry.......

I wonder what's it's like over there now? I'm right down on the south coast in Hampshire and its a beautiful morning, for sure. Cooler, yes, but lovely sunshine. I've decided to pack it and take it with me this afternoon.......
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1635183)   #45
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Clear weather means Helicopters:

Helicopters means IN-CAR CAMERAS

Rain, NO Helicopters, NO In-Car

Stop doing your rain dances now...
Old 15 Jun 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1635195)   #46
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to Météo France, it won't rain for the race.
Click on "Pays de la Loire", then "La Sarthe" is at north-east. The temperatures won't be too hot (26 to 28°C and 18 or sunday morning).

Last edited by PascaLM; 15 Jun 2006 at 16:23.
Old 19 Jun 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1637425)   #47
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was gorgeous for the race.....but I did get wet on Wednesday night
Old 19 Jun 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1637490)   #48
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
same weather than last year: rainy wednesday (I even quitted before the end), and sunny and hot the rest of the week : almost perfect