Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Feb 2014, 02:02 (Ref:3370246)   #51
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Gives Mr Dane a choice of two seats to land Mr van Gisbergen into, if/when he chooses to do so....
No reason to change.

Would it be unfair to say SVG is not as consistent or committed as JW or CL?
Old 20 Feb 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3370379)   #52
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
No reason to change. Would it be unfair to say SVG is not as consistent or committed as JW or CL?
You're far too kind. There was a time I thought SVG was the next big thing but the last 2 years and shown him to be nothing more than a guy with flashes of speed, he absolutely doesn't have drive or the commitment to be a great.

Its a pity, the speed he showed particularly in the wet, for someone of his age was rather incredible. Maybe it was too much too early for him.
Old 20 Feb 2014, 23:04 (Ref:3370554)   #53
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
MA to drive one of the 888 prepared Mustangs.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 06:43 (Ref:3370603)   #54
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
MA to drive one of the 888 prepared Mustangs.

Marcos Ambrose Net Worth
In 2012, this Australian professional race car driver has an estimated net worth amounting to $20 million. Marcos Ambrose was born in Launceston, Tasmania on September 1, 1976.
Created by TheRichest
Views 1,331

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetwo...racing/page/4/

THis is why we wont see him back here for a while.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 08:49 (Ref:3370616)   #55
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep. If he does return, itll be retirement.
Old 22 Feb 2014, 06:26 (Ref:3370904)   #56
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe Marcos can come back and buy his own rec
Old 22 Feb 2014, 07:30 (Ref:3370916)   #57
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Maybe Marcos can come back and buy his own rec
If he hangs on for 18 months or so they may be giving them away by then.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3371226)   #58
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Marcos Ambrose Net Worth
In 2012, this Australian professional race car driver has an estimated net worth amounting to $20 million. Marcos Ambrose was born in Launceston, Tasmania on September 1, 1976.
Created by TheRichest
Views 1,331

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetwo...racing/page/4/

THis is why we wont see him back here for a while.
I agree with your point - he's earning far more over there than here, but what a load of rubbish that list is. Does anyone really think Marcos has earned more than Danica Patrick, or Casey Stoner? No way is he worth $20m.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3371303)   #59
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Its interesting that a few years back Whincup gave indications he wouldn't race much past 30... now he is saying that his 'best is yet to come'

Not the first to have a change of heart. MotoGP rider Colin Edwards once said he'd be done with motorcycle racing by the time he was 30 too, now he's 40 and still going.
Yes Whincup thought people past 30 were doddery retired folk would couldn't drive a race car, but he sure has changed his tune.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 17:19 (Ref:3371304)   #60
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
I agree with your point - he's earning far more over there than here, but what a load of rubbish that list is. Does anyone really think Marcos has earned more than Danica Patrick, or Casey Stoner? No way is he worth $20m.
He has been racing in the USA for years now in Nascar and drivers can easily earn several million a year from prize money, salary, endorsements, appearances, merchandising, etc. And that is at the lower levels as well.

He's never struck me as a big spender so I'm sure he has been able to accumulate wealth.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 20:27 (Ref:3371354)   #61
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
You're far too kind. There was a time I thought SVG was the next big thing but the last 2 years and shown him to be nothing more than a guy with flashes of speed, he absolutely doesn't have drive or the commitment to be a great.

Its a pity, the speed he showed particularly in the wet, for someone of his age was rather incredible. Maybe it was too much too early for him.
It could also be said that you are two far removed from pit-lane to really have an informed opinion on SVG's talent. Those of us that get to look at his data from time to time, have no such doubt's, which is probably why Roland Dane and many other team principles up and down pit lane have more than just their eye's on SVG.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3371392)   #62
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
He has been racing in the USA for years now in Nascar and drivers can easily earn several million a year from prize money, salary, endorsements, appearances, merchandising, etc. And that is at the lower levels as well.

He's never struck me as a big spender so I'm sure he has been able to accumulate wealth.
Marcos also has his own stock car team which will also be included in his net worth.
Old 23 Feb 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3371395)   #63
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post

Sure he can. If you're winning races and a big name. But he's been in NASCAR top level for 5 years. He wouldn't have earned big dollars in the lower levels and he wouldn't have left Australia with that much. So he's had to earn close to $4m a year. For a mid-level runner with no oval wins in smaller teams, that seems high.

But - even if that figure is correct, my point was that there is no way he's richer than Danica Patrick. Patrick is listed by Forbes as earning $13m in 2012 alone.

Not to mention Casey Stoner is listed at $20m by BRW. Whereas this rich list has him listed at both $12m (in the article heading) and $14m (in the first paragraph).
Old 24 Feb 2014, 01:03 (Ref:3371429)   #64
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Marcos does/has earned in NASCAR has little relevance to the 2015 Silly season.

The Facts are..

A highly ranked member of RPM has reported Ambrose has expressed an interest in returning home come the close of this years NASCAR season.

Richard Petty was quoted in a article as saying that he believes that if Marcos does break through on an oval he will likely say "Thanks Mate" and head home with a job done type mentality.

Since those two statements NASCAR changed the Chase format which will likely see Ambrose enter "The Playoffs format" if he manages one win Road Course or Oval and has been quoted as saying if he achieved that "you couldn't head home" but if he had another 2013 style season he probably wouldn't get a renewal.

In short what Marcos is doing for 2015 isn't anywhere near concrete yet so probably a little premature to be debating where he will be.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 02:10 (Ref:3371440)   #65
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
What Marcos does/has earned in NASCAR has little relevance to the 2015 Silly season.

The Facts are..

A highly ranked member of RPM has reported Ambrose has expressed an interest in returning home come the close of this years NASCAR season.

Richard Petty was quoted in a article as saying that he believes that if Marcos does break through on an oval he will likely say "Thanks Mate" and head home with a job done type mentality.

Since those two statements NASCAR changed the Chase format which will likely see Ambrose enter "The Playoffs format" if he manages one win Road Course or Oval and has been quoted as saying if he achieved that "you couldn't head home" but if he had another 2013 style season he probably wouldn't get a renewal.

In short what Marcos is doing for 2015 isn't anywhere near concrete yet so probably a little premature to be debating where he will be.
What would be the point of debating it if it was concrete? If we knew the answer, where's the fun in hypothesising?
Old 24 Feb 2014, 04:47 (Ref:3371457)   #66
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The list doesn't seem very accurate at all…

Has Mark Webber valued at $9m! BRW has him at $48m. And previously earning around $12m per year.

BRW also has Chad Reed at $35m but he doesn't make this list
Old 24 Feb 2014, 06:12 (Ref:3371465)   #67
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
It could also be said that you are two far removed from pit-lane to really have an informed opinion on SVG's talent. Those of us that get to look at his data from time to time, have no such doubt's, which is probably why Roland Dane and many other team principles up and down pit lane have more than just their eye's on SVG.
Mark, I never said anything about his talent. At one point I believed him to be the next Jim Richards or Craig Lowndes. You don't lose that talent.

His application and attitude however I do not think are adequate for ultimate success in this sport, with its demands on a driver for fitness, engineering and sponsor engagement.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3371500)   #68
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Mark, I never said anything about his talent. At one point I believed him to be the next Jim Richards or Craig Lowndes. You don't lose that talent.

His application and attitude however I do not think are adequate for ultimate success in this sport, with its demands on a driver for fitness, engineering and sponsor engagement.

You could also say the same about Kimi Raikkonen, unquestionably the most liked and admired in F1 right now.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 08:50 (Ref:3371502)   #69
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
You could also say the same about Kimi Raikkonen, unquestionably the most liked and admired in F1 right now.
Absolutely true. They were both exceptionally talented at an unexpectedly young age, but Kimi has a WDC in his favour...
Old 24 Feb 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3371630)   #70
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Sure he can. If you're winning races and a big name. But he's been in NASCAR top level for 5 years. He wouldn't have earned big dollars in the lower levels and he wouldn't have left Australia with that much. So he's had to earn close to $4m a year. For a mid-level runner with no oval wins in smaller teams, that seems high.

But - even if that figure is correct, my point was that there is no way he's richer than Danica Patrick. Patrick is listed by Forbes as earning $13m in 2012 alone.

Not to mention Casey Stoner is listed at $20m by BRW. Whereas this rich list has him listed at both $12m (in the article heading) and $14m (in the first paragraph).
I'm sure he has easily earned $4 mil a year and probably much more.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3371793)   #71
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Absolutely true. They were both exceptionally talented at an unexpectedly young age, but Kimi has a WDC in his favour...
Mixer, my point is that they both dislike the media and the PR side of the job and it has not stopped Kimi being the 'Darling of the Fan's' which is why SVG does not need to change and probably never will. Just watching him try that impossible pass on the Ferrari at the Bathurst 12 hour, reinforces the fact that he is first and foremost a racer, and in the end I think we all admire real racers for both there skill and bravado.

I am some what privileged I know, in being quite close to Shane and his Dad, who I have known for 30 years, and I am aware of who is talking to who, and I can assure you SVG is very much in demand, we are just lucky that for the moment Shane just loves doing what he is doing otherwise he would already be lost to this part of the world.
Old 24 Feb 2014, 23:17 (Ref:3371825)   #72
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Mixer, my point is that they both dislike the media and the PR side of the job and it has not stopped Kimi being the 'Darling of the Fan's' which is why SVG does not need to change and probably never will. Just watching him try that impossible pass on the Ferrari at the Bathurst 12 hour, reinforces the fact that he is first and foremost a racer, and in the end I think we all admire real racers for both there skill and bravado.

I am some what privileged I know, in being quite close to Shane and his Dad, who I have known for 30 years, and I am aware of who is talking to who, and I can assure you SVG is very much in demand, we are just lucky that for the moment Shane just loves doing what he is doing otherwise he would already be lost to this part of the world.
Hi Mark,

Agree with all of that about Shane (and Kimi).

The only addition to that is that, like Kimi, Shane being Shane he needs a specific set of conditions within the team to operate at the level he's capable of.

Much of his success last year was due to the team environment and their demands upon him suiting him. In short, he's much like Casey Stoner - he wants to go to the race track, race and go home with minimal distractions from the circus side of things.

It makes me wonder whether the demands and intensity of T8 or HRT would really be conducive to getting the best out of him.
Old 25 Feb 2014, 02:35 (Ref:3371863)   #73
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I admire a racer who has a go. One reason why I loved JR, you never died wondering, the same I believe with Whincup. He has a go, you know it, the public knows it, the opposition know it and magically leave the gap. What those guys were/are able to do is not put people in the fence when they "have a go", the ferrari at bathurst not finishing up in the fence was closer to good luck than good management. There are other examples.
Old 25 Feb 2014, 04:36 (Ref:3371871)   #74
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
I admire a racer who has a go. One reason why I loved JR, you never died wondering, the same I believe with Whincup. He has a go, you know it, the public knows it, the opposition know it and magically leave the gap. What those guys were/are able to do is not put people in the fence when they "have a go", the ferrari at bathurst not finishing up in the fence was closer to good luck than good management. There are other examples.
Ask Fabian is he shares the same opinion about not put people into the fence.
Old 25 Feb 2014, 23:15 (Ref:3372219)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tander To Leave HRT...

..if they dont win...??

Where would he go?
Who might replace him?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House