Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jul 2002, 21:05 (Ref:346655)   #1
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Does this exist on video?

During the Speed Channel coverage of the F1 race at Hockenheim, they did a feature showing a very young TGF testing some old Mercedes F1 cars with Fangio. This was apparently a PR piece for M-B. I was wondering since there is so much discussion about today's drivers in early F1 cars if anyone has seen this piece. I believe it was filmed at Nurburgring. Was this just parade laps or did they find a way to get up to "speed." Thanks!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 30 Jul 2002, 21:51 (Ref:346693)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive seen that too. Dont think ive got it on tape though. someone must have , its been shown quite a few times on tv when they make short schumi films to music at gp weekends .
Old 30 Jul 2002, 22:09 (Ref:346702)   #3
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks, Sato san! While I am at it, does "In car 956" exist as something one can purchase? I saw a bootleg version about 12 years ago and it has been mentioned here - if any of you gentle readers have some info on one or the other I would be much obliged.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 30 Jul 2002, 22:30 (Ref:346717)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it may be worth a look at duke video . Yhey have a massive range of racing videos, also onboard incar stuff as well

www.dukevideo.com
Old 30 Jul 2002, 22:31 (Ref:346718)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
yes ..theyve got it...here is the link below...

http://www.dukevideo.com/products/3526.htm
Old 31 Jul 2002, 01:19 (Ref:346817)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I'll have to get a new PC and broadband.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 31 Jul 2002, 02:44 (Ref:346844)   #7
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
I'll have to get a new PC and broadband.
Or better yet, make it an iMac.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 03:00 (Ref:346846)   #8
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
thank you all for your help!
Old 31 Jul 2002, 09:00 (Ref:346959)   #9
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
JohnSSC, do get hold of a copy of 'In car 956', well worth it for the Ring and Le Mans alone. The lap around the ring is awesome, and the sensation of speed on the old Mulsanne straight is just scary! One of the best motorsport videos around.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 16:00 (Ref:347236)   #10
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can I get those titles on NTSC format ?
Old 31 Jul 2002, 17:03 (Ref:347268)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
If you email duke video , they have a usa office where they sell NTSC tapes as well.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 22:50 (Ref:347460)   #12
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by eatapc
Or better yet, make it an iMac.
Nice to see you back flogging Macs Mr.Jobs.