Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2002, 02:10 (Ref:260576)   #1
davebreen
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
davebreen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF, Formula Ones equivalent of Man U?

Both have become dominate forces in the past decade, enjoyed unparelled success and both suffer from the same love them hate them scenario.

It seems that the more successful Michael or Man U get the more critism they receive. The alleged conspiracy between Ferrari and the FIA can be compared to the accusations that referees favour Man U. So my question is,

Is there a link between the aparent rise in numbers of the ABU( Anyone But United)supportors and the ABS( clever pun intented!) people that this forum seems to have in abundance?

As a Liverpool fan from Dublin my allegiance lies with the real reds and those very underperforming Jordans. But yet I can acknowledge the excellent performance of the affore mentioned stars. Just thought I'd throw my wild conspiracy theory out there into cyberspace to identify these Anti-Man U and Anti-Schui people!

p.s.( Both of them are also strongly associated with the colour Red!!!!)

Last edited by davebreen; 15 Apr 2002 at 02:11.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 02:23 (Ref:260586)   #2
rollhoop
Rookie

rollhoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, well davebreen. If I read your post correctly I believe I have found my exact double in Dublin. LOL...double in Dublin. I'm a Liverpool fan exiled in the small minded sports capital of the world. Can I join the ABU & ABS clubs? I can't find anyone in this country that knows anything about F1, REAL football, cricket or beer. Makes for a lonely existance when watching TV.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 13:17 (Ref:261058)   #3
andrew_marsden
Rookie

andrew_marsden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rollhoop i'm guessing from some of the comments in your post that you are an ex-pat?
Old 15 Apr 2002, 13:26 (Ref:261068)   #4
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must dissagree
I don't like TGF since Australia '94, though my comments on him I try to keep 'critisism', as opposed to 'bashing'. And, I don't hate him.
On the other hand, I like ManU.
On the third hand, it's not comparable. I'm a very deducated F1 fan, and I only occasionally watch football.
It brings down this:
1. I don't like TGF for obvious reason that I'm an F1 fan that does not approve his behavior on and off the track.
2. I like ManU for some reasons that don't have much to do with football.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 13:31 (Ref:261078)   #5
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: TGF, Formula Ones equivalent of Man U?

Quote:
Originally posted by davebreen
Both have become dominate forces in the past decade, enjoyed unparelled success and both suffer from the same love them hate them scenario.

It seems that the more successful Michael or Man U get the more critism they receive. The alleged conspiracy between Ferrari and the FIA can be compared to the accusations that referees favour Man U. So my question is,

Is there a link between the aparent rise in numbers of the ABU( Anyone But United)supportors and the ABS( clever pun intented!) people that this forum seems to have in abundance?

As a Liverpool fan from Dublin my allegiance lies with the real reds and those very underperforming Jordans. But yet I can acknowledge the excellent performance of the affore mentioned stars. Just thought I'd throw my wild conspiracy theory out there into cyberspace to identify these Anti-Man U and Anti-Schui people!

p.s.( Both of them are also strongly associated with the colour Red!!!!)

dave, man united dont try to take out the opposing teams best player on a regular basis.
they dont try to win two FA cups by trying to injure the other teams striker.
they dont have a policy where one player gets preferential treatment.
they dont have the sport's governing body on there payroll.
cheers
Old 15 Apr 2002, 13:43 (Ref:261102)   #6
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by davebreen
in a word: YES

Tall POppy Syndrome

and no i dont like TGF or MAnU

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 15 Apr 2002, 13:54 (Ref:261122)   #7
Daytona Donald
Rookie

Daytona Donald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the term "lack of imagination" springs to mind.......it's so easy to support teams/sports people/drivers etc who win everything year in year out! it's alot harder supporting the "underdog"!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 14:31 (Ref:261166)   #8