Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Sep 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3925652)   #1701
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
What is this 'whit' of which you speak ? Another term Mr Rees Mogg picked up from dear Nanny ?
Old 4 Sep 2019, 05:21 (Ref:3925699)   #1702
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Meltdown?

This Mike Tyson quote has been doing the rounds this morning.....
Attached Thumbnails
B4FD5984-A351-4D0C-90DB-75F3B5746EDB.jpeg  
Old 4 Sep 2019, 05:33 (Ref:3925700)   #1703
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Laughable. The whole world is laughing at us.

And now the Conservatives are announcing a big borrowing Spending Review while the official opposition don't want an election. Word is Boris will have to launch a vote of no confidence in himself. What's going on in the UK?

Thank God for an over-budget and much-delayed HS2. It restores normality.

Happy days

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Sep 2019, 06:00 (Ref:3925702)   #1704
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 06:55 (Ref:3925713)   #1705
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Indeed.
We all know that a know that when parliament refers to a 'no deal' Brexit, they are actually voting for a 'no Brexit'. The majority that won the vote are all arch remainers, together with a few deluded leavers who do want a 'deal'.

I do not believe that the results of the referendum will now be delivered, we remain a district of Greater Europe.

Heil Merkel!
Old 4 Sep 2019, 07:27 (Ref:3925719)   #1706
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bauble I said from the minute the referendum was called that it was a waste if time because we wouldn't be allowed to leave. I stand by that assertion.

Clearly Theresa's "deal" is deliberately a massive elephant trap. It can't be ratified. Parliament wants to ban "no deal". So stay we will.

The EU has played a blinder. But it was very poor opposition, rather like Manchester City celebrating a win over Forest Green Rovers.

Old 4 Sep 2019, 09:40 (Ref:3925733)   #1707
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Bauble I said from the minute the referendum was called that it was a waste if time because we wouldn't be allowed to leave. I stand by that assertion.

Clearly Theresa's "deal" is deliberately a massive elephant trap. It can't be ratified. Parliament wants to ban "no deal". So stay we will.

The EU has played a blinder. But it was very poor opposition, rather like Manchester City celebrating a win over Forest Green Rovers.

Midge. What chances of the Brexit Party making inroads when the election inevitably comes?

The Media concentrate all of their coverage on mainstream politicians, gurus, experts, media types, however, on the odd occasion when ordinary members of the public are asked their view it is almost a universal condemnation of parliament and a desire to get out asap. Even Remainers seem to prefer leaving to the current mess.

How any MP can talk about 'Democracy' is beyond me. They obviously only pay lip service to the notion.

I suspect and hope that the voters will punish this lot severely at the polling stations.

I will certainly vote Brexit, and wear my party badge with pride.

NB; Remainers need not comment on my views.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3925748)   #1708
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
If/when the Brexit party collude with Boris then it's job done. Does anyone not think that the current situation is simply one of a number of outcomes which will have been considered and planned for? Ignore Dominic Cummings at your peril.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3925752)   #1709
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bercow is my MP, I've never liked the odious (thank you Mogg) little twerp. Only voted for him because of the party he stood for. That was obviously a sham too.

Will be interesting to see what transpires and whether the tories will allow the Brexit Party to take over.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3925775)   #1710
midgetman
Veteran

Baub, the Brexit party will ***" it all up. No-one likes them and they'll split the vote. A Lib/Lab coalition of terror will get elected.

IMHO of course.

Old 4 Sep 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3925776)   #1711
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
If/when the Brexit party collude with Boris then it's job done. Does anyone not think that the current situation is simply one of a number of outcomes which will have been considered and planned for? Ignore Dominic Cummings at your peril.
I'm sure Cummings has strategized this, but I bet he relies on rational people not headless chickens.

When the People get involved, there's no way one can strategize. Everyone is far too random.

Old 4 Sep 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3925782)   #1712
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Baub, the Brexit party will ***" it all up. No-one likes them and they'll split the vote. A Lib/Lab coalition of terror will get elected.
IMHO of course.
Sadly I think you are correct and like you from day one of the referendum result I said we wouldn't be leaving and I still think the same.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3925789)   #1713
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

IMHO of course.

In my case all too true.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 13:32 (Ref:3925790)   #1714
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Except now it is reported that the Labour Party doesn't want an election before 31 October because they don't expect to win it. They want a no confidence vote and then to set up an alternative government.

And remain campaigners moan about non-elected leaders. Go figure as they say.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 13:47 (Ref:3925793)   #1715
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Except now it is reported that the Labour Party doesn't want an election before 31 October because they don't expect to win it. They want a no confidence vote and then to set up an alternative government.

A simple way to 'figure it' Peter, may be to replace the word 'democracy' with a more appropriate 'hypocrisy'.

Oh! I am popping in here when the advert breaks interrupt the Vuelta.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 13:55 (Ref:3925794)   #1716
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

That's not so, Peter.

The reasoning about not pursuing an election now is that no-one outside of Johnson's closest allies place any trust in what he says. The timing of an election, within set dates, is totally in the gift of the sitting Prime Minister. So, Johnson could say that the election will be held on the 15th October - he has already moved the date by one day because there is a Jewish holy day on the 14th - and there is a strong belief that, before all the necessary procedures are put in place, he will change the proposed date to a day in November.

This would mean that as Parliament would not be sitting in the lead up to the election, the UK would de facto crash out of the EU without a deal.

And this is why all opposition members, apart, currently, from the SNP are adamant that they want to see the bill stopping a no deal exit actually getting through Parliament and receiving Royal Assent before they allow an election.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3925795)   #1717
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Actually that's not what is being reported.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 14:29 (Ref:3925799)   #1718
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

It is what a number of MPs have said in interviews on the BBC, including Jo Swinson and a name very familiar to you, Kenneth Clarke.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3925801)   #1719
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
But not starmer and his mates. Swindon wants it but not Labour.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3925805)   #1720
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
But not starmer and his mates. Swindon wants it but not Labour.
Did you mean Swindle?
Old 4 Sep 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3925815)   #1721
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Actually it was on many programmes yesterday. It has been postulated as this for a couple of days but methinks it fits some agendas to accuse Corbyn of cowardice. I'm no Corbyn lover as you know, but fair's fair on this instance.

Old 4 Sep 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3925816)   #1722
midgetman
Veteran

From what I heard Corbyn is up for the fight now, but the PLP are reigning him in. Monday night's News Night had two labour politicians hilariously fighting over whether to give a clear answer or talk in the usual political circles. The question was "would you vote against an election?"

Equally hilariously if Johnson doesn't get 66% of the house on his side the only way he can get an election is to lose a no confidence vote. And the opposition won't call one so he'll have to pass the.motion himself, and Corbyn will have to give the government a vote of confidence to avoid a GE

Old 4 Sep 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3925817)   #1723
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Exactly, you can't write this stuff.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 16:10 (Ref:3925820)   #1724
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Oh! I am popping in here when the advert breaks interrupt the Vuelta.
I had the pleasure of watching stage 2 of the Vuelta live last week when it passed under my Mothers balcony at Calpe, where the stage finished after a run through the mountains from Benidorm inland for 200klms. To be honest watching the support vehicles locking up and jockying for prime position at the roundabout was more exciting.
Old 4 Sep 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3925826)   #1725
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I had the pleasure of watching stage 2 of the Vuelta live last week when it passed under my Mothers balcony at Calpe, where the stage finished after a run through the mountains from Benidorm inland for 200klms. To be honest watching the support vehicles locking up and jockying for prime position at the roundabout was more exciting.
I’m surprised our baub still watches sport taking place on mainland Europe.....

And yes, I’ve watched two or three stages of Le Tour from the side of the road in the past. Blink and you miss it. Much better on TV, even the time trial last night....