Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Oct 2022, 18:57 (Ref:4129774)   #151
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Went to Brands Hatch for both days. Was it as good as I expected? No! It was better than that! Where do I begin?

All in all, it's been a great weekend and makes me want to go to more in 2023!
Great comment! I too love Brands Hatch, it is my favourite of all the tracks I have attended in person.
Old 11 Oct 2022, 08:51 (Ref:4129848)   #152
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Went to Brands Hatch for both days. Was it as good as I expected? No! It was better than that! Where do I begin?

2023!
GP circuit is one of my fav circuits.. second only to donny.

This is me battling for 3rd a few years ago in my old bmw e30

https://youtu.be/uXmdQiQB20w

Hopefully it shows what you mean by changes in gradients etc
Old 11 Oct 2022, 20:45 (Ref:4129950)   #153
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
No idea how Jade got a penalty for that one, looks like he was trying to edge himself wide to defend from her and turned himself over the nose of her car,....

I guess the stewards and race director were already putting their coats on and just thought "Right, give. penalty to the one who is still the right way up and lets get out of here"
Old 12 Oct 2022, 05:37 (Ref:4129982)   #154
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by codename_47 View Post
No idea how Jade got a penalty for that one, looks like he was trying to edge himself wide to defend from her and turned himself over the nose of her car,....

I guess the stewards and race director were already putting their coats on and just thought "Right, give. penalty to the one who is still the right way up and lets get out of here"
Or perhaps they viewed the data from Jade’s car and saw she didn’t lift off the gas or steer to the right but maintained power and contact with Crees’ rear quarter when he was ahead after a good move from him when she’d left a clear gap.

What I’ve not liked is a bit of a social media pile on and some not very nice comments about Jade. The matter was dealt with swiftly by the officials and penalty was consistent with other decisions throughout the season.
Old 12 Oct 2022, 08:22 (Ref:4129993)   #155
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
What I’ve not liked is a bit of a social media pile on and some not very nice comments about Jade. The matter was dealt with swiftly by the officials and penalty was consistent with other decisions throughout the season.
Jade has been involved in a few incidents like that. Some her fault, some not. This is the first time I've seen her on the other side of the social media hate though. Looks like Creesy wins the popularity contest.
Old 12 Oct 2022, 09:20 (Ref:4130000)   #156
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Something else I noticed from Brands. I didn't realise you could see the tops of cars going through Pilgrims Drop from Druids.
Old 12 Oct 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4130007)   #157
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Jade has been involved in a few incidents like that. Some her fault, some not. This is the first time I've seen her on the other side of the social media hate though. Looks like Creesy wins the popularity contest.
I'm no fan of Edwards, but some of the comments made by the Crees family (not so much Michael himself, and not just for that incident) I have to double take at.
Old 12 Oct 2022, 10:10 (Ref:4130009)   #158
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Crees’ followers are his fans so they’re bound to be on his side, it’s nothing unusual. Most loyal fanbases are awful brown noses when they’re interacting with the driver directly.
Old 12 Oct 2022, 14:11 (Ref:4130032)   #159
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Something else I noticed from Brands. I didn't realise you could see the tops of cars going through Pilgrims Drop from Druids.
When I was a kid, I used to make a race of it. Can I run from one section of the track to another to see the cars before they pass by. This only really works at Brands or Donington. I used to watch at Craners, then run back over to the Goddards Chicane, I was quite quick and nearly always made it to see the cars.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 07:21 (Ref:4130096)   #160
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Interestingly Tingram's hero was a certain French ex BTCC champion

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...llo-/10383156/
Old 13 Oct 2022, 14:30 (Ref:4130129)   #161
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aiello also won he 94 French Super touring and 97 STW in a works Peugeot 406 , narrowly lost out the 98 STW title against a certain Cecotto