Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Dec 2022, 19:01 (Ref:4137369)   #51
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner View Post
All committed teams are not yet revealed, more to come.

Similar to NGTC for the BTCC, the powertrain and front/rear suspension is common for all new STCC cars while chassis, etc. is based on the standard car.

STARD provides batteries, EPWR does the rest with its contractors.

All cars RWD, 550hp & 600Nm, 45 kWh battery, around 1450kg, 15-20 min at full pace pending circuit, cost approx. 220k €.
Thanks
Old 17 Dec 2022, 11:58 (Ref:4137420)   #52
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, the cars sound awful but this soon will be a new normal. Fortunately, it's not only about the sound (even if it is big part of that) so one might get used to that, while it may be hoped the racing will be quite interesting. BTCC cars sound awful too, after all... okay, still better but far from exciting.

And good they've given the teams quite a lot of time before the season's start, it gives hopes more entrants will be able to commit to the championship.
Old 18 Dec 2022, 19:18 (Ref:4137511)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yeah, the cars sound awful but this soon will be a new normal.
That is, quite truly, an appalling thought.... I'd rather they were completely silent.
Old 21 Dec 2022, 16:28 (Ref:4137791)   #54
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That is, quite truly, an appalling thought.... I'd rather they were completely silent.
Well, same here but I guess we'll have to live with it some day
Old 22 Dec 2022, 00:31 (Ref:4137816)   #55
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I literally could not sit and listen to that for more than 2 corners......
Im with you..... I would have my finger on the mute button within 10 seconds.

As for the gearbox whine on the Supertourer clip , yes is hard to put up with, and might also get my mute button, but those sounds were the exception rather than the rule, and there are proper engine noise as well.

Im rather pleased that we still have V8 racing to listen to here down under, for the foreseeable future anyway. It will be many years until we in Aus have the infrastructure to support electric vehicles with non fossil fuel derived energy.
Old 22 Dec 2022, 12:27 (Ref:4137839)   #56
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
TCR cars sound far better than BTCC cars in my opinion. I am not sure what systems the btcc cars run that make them sound the way they do, but the TCR cars sound more like a suped up road car.
Old 22 Dec 2022, 13:09 (Ref:4137845)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Well, same here but I guess we'll have to live with it some day
To an extent, yes. But it's enough of a turn-off for me to actually prevent me from watching, certainly from actually going to an event. I'm not as young as I used to be and I accept that having been steeped in glorious engine noises for all of my life, I'm just not able to remove the sound aspect.... I fear there are plenty like me though....
Old 30 Dec 2022, 11:51 (Ref:4138489)   #58
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is the 2023 season likely to be viewabe in any way around the world?
Old 5 Apr 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4150508)   #59
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New website for STCC with new info on the 2023 season: https://www.stcc.se/
Old 6 Apr 2023, 17:13 (Ref:4150667)   #60
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

PWR Racing is the 4th team.
They will run 3 CUPRA Born cars.

Last edited by FIRE; 6 Apr 2023 at 17:42.
Old 14 Apr 2023, 22:40 (Ref:4151532)   #61
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I literally could not sit and listen to that for more than 2 corners......
They won't be all that loud from the outside, don't worry about it!

If the organisers can really deliver this car for that price, that is very impressive indeed.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 15:09 (Ref:4151621)   #62
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

If the organisers can really deliver this car for that price, that is very impressive indeed.
One of the reasons this electric STCC has my interest.

Only remark: With PWR having developed the electric kit and done lot of testing, is it fair they running cars themself in the series?

Other thing, more a surprise, the absence of CYAN and Polestar. I mean Swedish brand not running in the Swedish championship.
Old 15 Apr 2023, 21:15 (Ref:4151667)   #63
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Other thing, more a surprise, the absence of CYAN and Polestar. I mean Swedish brand not running in the Swedish championship.
Cyan Racing has been absent from STCC for six years, though.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4160790)   #64
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The season opener will be Skellefteå on August 3-4.

Entry list:

* Brink Tesla: Tobias Brink, Jimmy Eriksson, Hugo Nerman.
* PWR Cupra: Robert Dahlgren, Axel Bengtsson, 3rd drivers TBC.
* Exion BMW: Isac Aronsson, Calle Bergman, 3rd drivers TBC.
* Auto Lounge Volkswagen: Christian Skaar, two drivers TBD.
Old 8 Jun 2023, 21:37 (Ref:4160890)   #65
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The whole season is being held over the space of 6 weeks? Why? And only 9 named drivers is a bit concerning.
Old 9 Jun 2023, 08:03 (Ref:4160958)   #66
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
The whole season is being held over the space of 6 weeks? Why? And only 9 named drivers is a bit concerning.
This is because the recent delay: https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...ises-schedule/

The first season will feature 12 all-new cars, and that close to 70% of the drivers are announced two months before the season start isn't that unusual for a national championship - especially when switching regs?
Old 17 Jul 2023, 19:30 (Ref:4168822)   #67
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
New schedule for STCC:
31 August/1 September – Knutstorp
16 September – Ljungbyheds Motorbana
22/23 September – Mantorp Park

Source: https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...ectric-season/

NXT Gen Cup (electric MINI Cooper) had it's debut race at 8/9 July:
Youtube: Race 1 at Falkenberg
Youtube: Race 2 at Falkenberg

IMO entertaining races.

Pole time:
TCR Denmark: 44.698
NXT Gen Cup: 52.820
Old 18 Jul 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4168950)   #68
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
New schedule for STCC:
31 August/1 September – Knutstorp
16 September – Ljungbyheds Motorbana
22/23 September – Mantorp Park

Source: https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...ectric-season/

NXT Gen Cup (electric MINI Cooper) had it's debut race at 8/9 July:
Youtube: Race 1 at Falkenberg
Youtube: Race 2 at Falkenberg

IMO entertaining races.

Pole time:
TCR Denmark: 44.698
NXT Gen Cup: 52.820

Yeah the NXT Gen races were pretty good tbh
Be interesting to see if the STCC racing is the same
Old 28 Jul 2023, 09:47 (Ref:4170225)   #69
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Emma Kimiläinen will make a return to touring car competition this season after inking a deal to join the new-look STCC with the Exion Racing team.
Old 29 Aug 2023, 12:04 (Ref:4174493)   #70
robertsa
Rookie

Sweden
robertsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is going to be no 2023 season due to supplier issues.

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...debut-to-2024/
Old 1 Sep 2023, 14:51 (Ref:4174779)   #71
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands

Source: https://www.stcc.se/nyheter/frsta-ny...-tesla-model-3

Looks pretty good.
Old 1 Sep 2023, 15:25 (Ref:4174783)   #72
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner View Post
This is because the recent delay: https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...ises-schedule/

The first season will feature 12 all-new cars, and that close to 70% of the drivers are announced two months before the season start isn't that unusual for a national championship - especially when switching regs?
Turns out it was concerning. Could they really not have just used the old TCR cars for another year?
Old 1 Sep 2023, 15:56 (Ref:4174786)   #73
v8supes
Racer

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Use a petrol engine? Are you mad? Thats illegal in the EU these days!!
Old 1 Sep 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4174793)   #74
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Turns out it was concerning. Could they really not have just used the old TCR cars for another year?
If they knew about all the delays yes...
Old 1 Sep 2023, 16:42 (Ref:4174794)   #75
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Use a petrol engine? Are you mad? Thats illegal in the EU these days!!
Source?

Last edited by FIRE; 1 Sep 2023 at 17:16.