Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Sep 2022, 23:21 (Ref:4125166)   #151
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Facebook pages:

Save Wakefield Park
https://www.facebook.com/wakefieldpark

Wakefield Park
https://www.facebook.com/wakefieldpark

Goulburn Council
https://www.facebook.com/goulburnmulwareecouncil
Old 7 Sep 2022, 02:05 (Ref:4125173)   #152
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
What drugs are they smoking this week? Unless someone can come up with a hard plan that everyone agrees will work they are wasting their time but I suppose it gives a lot of people something to do and makes them feel good. Get a realistic working plan together and not some wishy washy FB group preaching to each other and I will lead the charge.

Does forming and joining an FB group make you feel better?
Old 14 Oct 2022, 21:47 (Ref:4130313)   #153
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petition is going well...if you are a NSW Resident...sign it :-)

https://savewakefieldparkraceway.com/
Old 14 Oct 2022, 22:28 (Ref:4130314)   #154
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Should we not have been trying to save Wakefield Park from BAC?

It seems to be the danger the track is in is pretty squarely in their lap for not obeying the original DA and opening pandora's box.
Old 18 Oct 2022, 21:00 (Ref:4130769)   #155
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Should we not have been trying to save Wakefield Park from BAC?

It seems to be the danger the track is in is pretty squarely in their lap for not obeying the original DA and opening pandora's box.
I've lived and worked in Surry Hills...

NSW Parliament --Petition closes 28 October
https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/.../ePetition-details...
Old 4 Nov 2022, 21:14 (Ref:4132657)   #156
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Wakefield Event 26 NOV 22...$20 entry/Gold Coin donation for spectators...
Attached Thumbnails
+Glbn 311860915_429056879389736_241131192315016584_n.jpg  
Old 4 Nov 2022, 22:58 (Ref:4132661)   #157
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are they going to push the cars to Wakefield Park?
The noise nimbys would surely complain if a car were to god forbid actually start up and drive…
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Nov 2022, 20:40 (Ref:4132717)   #158
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Are they going to push the cars to Wakefield Park?
The noise nimbys would surely complain if a car were to god forbid actually start up and drive…
Too dangerous, what with all the truck movements from the mines etc
Old 15 Nov 2022, 00:39 (Ref:4133764)   #159
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it seems MR Quinn was offered WP to purchase and knocked it back as it was all just too hard and he couldn't see it being easily resolved.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 15 Nov 2022, 01:04 (Ref:4133765)   #160
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Quinn is no fool.

I hadn't heard that, and don't know if it is true but it would not surprise me.

Right now it would take a fire-sale price to entice anyone to take it, but there is upside potential. If I was Mr Quinn I would wait BAC out for now, unless I was in a gambling mood of the 'death or glory' type. I would jump when I thought a new DA had some prospect - I might pay a bit more but I would willing pay that if it meant reduced risk.

Old 15 Nov 2022, 01:35 (Ref:4133768)   #161
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
So it seems MR Quinn was offered WP to purchase and knocked it back as it was all just too hard and he couldn't see it being easily resolved.
Where did you get that from? Surely the BAC membership would have to decide to sell the property before it could be sold (or offered) to anyone.

I'm not doubting you, but I can't recall that happening.
Old 15 Nov 2022, 02:20 (Ref:4133777)   #162
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
... Surely the BAC membership would have to decide to sell the property before it could be sold (or offered) to anyone.
Nope. The Board (Committee? Executive?) would likely shop it around quietly until they had a deal. Around that point they might go to the members, probably for them to ratify the deal, on a 'reject or accept' basis. If rejected, the members might offer guidance on the terms they would accept.

If they were to go public, they might get the members to approve a sale beforehand, subject to further consideration of the actual deal should one eventuate. Wouldn't want the embarrassment of going public only to have the members revolt.

This way everything is deniable.

Old 15 Nov 2022, 03:42 (Ref:4133787)   #163
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Where did you get that from? Surely the BAC membership would have to decide to sell the property before it could be sold (or offered) to anyone.

I'm not doubting you, but I can't recall that happening.
A very , very reliable source. You could say they were there

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 19 Nov 2022, 23:11 (Ref:4134294)   #164
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
A very , very reliable source. You could say they were there
Well...I hope Tony keeps an eye on the situation and steps in at an appropriate time...it would be great to see Mr Quinn take the circuit by the throat and turn it into a professionally run, must-see, must-do, venue, as only he can do
Old 24 Jan 2023, 02:36 (Ref:4141064)   #165
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
movement at the station ...

Picked this up on the bookface:

NSW Labor Leader Chris Minns has announced a $1 million lifeline to save Wakefield Park.
“ An elected Labor government will work with the local council and stakeholders to resolve these issues and get this important facility back on track”, Mr Minns said during the announcement.
To achieve the re-opening Wakefield Park Raceway, NSW Labor will:
Provide up to $1 million to support noise mitigation works at the track to ensure key police driver training and safety programs can resume.
Order the Department of Planning, Goulburn Mulwaree Council and Office of Sport collaborate on a plan to re-open Wakefield Park Raceway.
Prepare a motorsports strategy to help ensure that Wakefield Park can remain open for recreational and competitive motorsport operations.

Good stuff (if it happens, has be an election first), but it still needs a new DA to be granted. The 'noise mitigation works' will be the key ingredient, and it may be that they have to happen off-circuit as well as on-circuit.
Old 25 Jan 2023, 22:26 (Ref:4141224)   #166
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Seems official: ABC News item https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-...eway/101886786

I don't know about 'internationally embarrassing', what I find embarrassing are overblown claims, but I guess that is par for the course in the contest for the public's heart and mind, not to mention their votes ...

I am not sure that I find what could be described as bullying of residents and councillors to be particularly edifying, but overall the commitment goes to the heart of the problem.

I think this raises the stakes for BAC, they now have to get with the program. Hopefully, having been thrown a lifeline, they can use that to rebuild their relationship with council and residents - not regard it as a 'get out of jail free' card. The proof of that pudding will be what they bring to the table in developing a new DA application.

Be interesting to see what the LNP response is, if any - they may choose to let that one alone and fight other battles.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 21:05 (Ref:4142711)   #167
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
I wonder how long the current and previous Councils knew about this proposal? :-(

https://www.merinosolarfarm.com.au/T...newsletter.pdf
Old 4 Feb 2023, 23:06 (Ref:4142734)   #168
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Interesting!!

Not sure if it has any implications for WP though, it will be welcomed by the council as a boost to the local economy. The construction phase (12-18 months) may provide the same sort of benefits as WP competitors and officials but operationally there will be minimal economic benefits to the town when it is up and running (the land owners may get an ongoing income as per wind farms).

I think the council and business community will still be looking for WP to get back in in business ASAP. Not to mention the WP users!
Old 5 Feb 2023, 23:49 (Ref:4142827)   #169
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Interesting!!

Not sure if it has any implications for WP though...
A new 2.5km transmission line connecting the northern and southern stages...close to or replacing the existing transmission line which crosses the racetrack?

A substation and switchyard located adjacent to the existing Transgrid 330kV transmission line...

Access roads and traffic during construction??? etc etc etc
Old 6 Feb 2023, 07:34 (Ref:4142836)   #170
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Nah, the circuit proper will be unaffected, the map shows that pretty clearly. One site is to the east/north-east, the other south, and they don't go anywhere near encroaching. There is existing road access for both sites, so that will not affect the circuit.

What may be affected is the area outside the circuit fence, and I am not sure whether this is still owned by BAC but I suspect that it is the area to the east and that is where the circuit expansion is supposed to go. Having said that, BAC can argue that the substation etc go somewhere the circuit won't need, or even somewhere else entirely off-site (assuming they don't sell the parcel off to raise a bit of cash). The transmission line, well what is another transmission line to BAC!!

This is a State Significant Development, so the council is just a bystander as far as the decisionmaking is concerned. BAC as a commercial landowner has voice, but whether that gets an ear is another matter.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 05:03 (Ref:4146988)   #171
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
SOLD to Steve Shelley - no more BAC at Goulburn.

Good move I reckon, Steve is a passionate guy who has done great work with Pheasant Wood, knows many of the local powers-that-be and BAC moving on might be the circuit-breaker to re-open cooperation and goodwill between Wakefield and the local community.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 05:44 (Ref:4146991)   #172
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
That is basically the solution I proposed for the circuit's problems - retirement of BAC, new operator with credibility.

Shelley will need some deep pockets I reckon, which Quinn certainly has if he puts his hand in them, but where Shelley has a head start is in being something of a local, with a local track record.

The acid test will be the new DA, how it is received by Council and the residents. My fingers are crossed.

It is interesting, I was talking to another ex-resident who now lives at Newcastle on the weekend, about how BAC must be hurting, and the locals are hurting, and motorsport is hurting. After Quinn walked (?), I was not expecting a sale so soon.

Also interesting, the local member trying to claim credit - obviously the Libs didn't want to do anything like Lanor was proposing (understandable, I reckon that is a crock). I wonder what sort of a steer the mayor gave Shelley, about DA conditions that might be acceptable for WP into the future? He must think there is a style of operation that will be acceptable to Council, and that residents might stomach.

That might in part be dependent on the price paid, if Shelley got it for a discount (50c in the dollar say), or payment based on future circuit revenue, then maybe he has more maneuvering room than BAC, and more motivation to make it work profitably under a future DA.

Interesting times, but a very welcome development in this sorry saga.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 06:45 (Ref:4146994)   #173
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is great news. I hadn't been to Pheasant Wood for a few years but after attending a function with the MX5 Club around November last year I was surprised how much the place had improved since my last visit around 2016ish. They also told us of their future plans for the circuit and knowing now they'll be running Wakefield fills me with a lot of hope.

Hopefully after they get the place up and running the first thing they'll do is resurface it with the same gorgeous tarmac they've used on Pheasant Wood...
Old 14 Mar 2023, 20:38 (Ref:4147081)   #174
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
Also interesting, the local member trying to claim credit - obviously the Libs didn't want to do anything like Lanor was proposing (understandable, I reckon that is a crock). I wonder what sort of a steer the mayor gave Shelley, about DA conditions that might be acceptable for WP into the future? He must think there is a style of operation that will be acceptable to Council, and that residents might stomach.
The Local Member (Wendy Tuckerman, Liberal) says she was involved in C-in-C negotiations and facilitating the sale and therefore was unable to comment or respond to criticism of her...Libs also offered 5 mil for redevelopment as part of election pork barreling...ergh...platform.
Old 14 Mar 2023, 23:43 (Ref:4147105)   #175
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
14/03/2023
Pheasant Wood Circuit acquires Wakefield Park Raceway
Goulburn, Australia - Goulburn MP Wendy Tuckerman, together with the CEO of the Goulburn-Mulwaree Region council Aaron Johansson and the Chamber of Commerce's Darrell Weekes, have been working tirelessly with the owners of Pheasant Wood Circuit to find a permanent solution to the closure of Wakefield Park Raceway.
After several months of discussions and community engagement, Pheasant Wood Circuit has collaborated closely with Stephen Whyte representing the current owners of Wakefield, the Benalla Auto Club. Whyte was totally committed to ensuring the new custodian of Wakefield Park was extremely sympathetic towards the local community and especially understanding of the issue of noise emanating from the circuit.
The acquisition of Wakefield Park Raceway by an established track operator in the region, such as Pheasant Wood Circuit will breathe new life into the raceway and provide a sustainable and commercially viable solution to the circuit, especially whilst addressing the noise concerns that led to its closure.
Wendy Tuckerman and Pheasant Wood Circuit's owner Steve Shelley have listened to the concerns of local residents and businesses to ensure that the rejuvenation and reopening of Wakefield Park Raceway will be done in a manner that is respectful and beneficial to the community.
"We are thrilled to have found a solution that will allow the reopening of Wakefield Park Raceway," said Wendy Tuckerman. "This is a win for the motorsport community, local businesses and the wider community."
The reopening of Wakefield Park Raceway is expected to bring significant economic benefits to the Goulburn region, with an increase in tourism and the creation of new job opportunities.
Pheasant Wood Circuit will soon commence the rejuvenation of Wakefield Park Raceway and looks forward to reopening the circuit in the coming months.
For more information, please contact:
Wendy Tuckerman, Goulburn MP
Email: wendy.tuckerman@parliament.nsw.gov.au
Steve Shelley, Owner of Pheasant Wood Circuit
Email: info@pheasantwood.com.au