Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Jan 2023, 17:23 (Ref:4141315)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
thanks, that helps (a bit).
So the race is 1.40 to 1.40? odd time!
No preamble and 20 minutes wrap-up after?
I don't get the two listings on the Sunday which are identically named...
I've subscribed to RLM calendars in the past and then copied what I wanted to my regularly used calendar. Really helps me for Bathurst.

Bottom of main page RS2 for IMSA / Daytona.
http://www.radiolemans.co/

I'm on the correct coast of the states so the time frame is simple for me
Old 26 Jan 2023, 17:27 (Ref:4141317)   #27
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I forgot we had on track action today!!!

And i turn it on to find a Red Flag! Seems to have been a GT thing this time.
Indeed! Lots of practice today, qualy for Pilot challenge and make it your mission to NOT miss race 1 for the mx5s at 5:30pm est! I think for the mx5 races, you can watch on IMSA tv without a geo-block.

Listening to IMSA radio, it sounds like a nasty frontal impact for the Winward Merc at turn 2, doesn't sound good. I'm assuming the turn 2 area is the litte esses bit before the Int'l Horseshoe? I hope they can repair it in time for the race.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 18:21 (Ref:4141321)   #28
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I forgot we had on track action today!!!

And i turn it on to find a Red Flag! Seems to have been a GT thing this time.

Edit; and the Porsche and Ferrari will do fine with constant yellows they won't have time to drop down the order on pace before the car "comes alive" in the dark.
Drinking game intensifies
Old 26 Jan 2023, 18:30 (Ref:4141322)   #29
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Indeed! Lots of practice today, qualy for Pilot challenge and make it your mission to NOT miss race 1 for the mx5s at 5:30pm est! I think for the mx5 races, you can watch on IMSA tv without a geo-block.

Listening to IMSA radio, it sounds like a nasty frontal impact for the Winward Merc at turn 2, doesn't sound good. I'm assuming the turn 2 area is the litte esses bit before the Int'l Horseshoe? I hope they can repair it in time for the race.
I haven't heard anything from the team yet, but it would be a shame to lose one of the class favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Drinking game intensifies
I hope you are keeping track of all these rules and post them for saturday!
Old 26 Jan 2023, 18:41 (Ref:4141324)   #30
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I haven't heard anything from the team yet, but it would be a shame to lose one of the class favorites.
Well, here's your answer. Must have been some impact! Lucas Auer was the driver.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/a...pmV0YkrA8PFY7s
Old 26 Jan 2023, 18:44 (Ref:4141325)   #31
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Well, here's your answer. Must have been some impact! Lucas Auer was the driver.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/a...pmV0YkrA8PFY7s
Yikes, that doesn't sound good. Hope the Lucas is ok.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 19:20 (Ref:4141329)   #32
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
We are about to go green for the first Imsa Michelin Pilot Challenge (IMPC) qualifying of the year. TCR is up first and the 14 cars entered will have 15 minutes to set a time. This session will be followed by the 32 GT4 cars on track for GS qualifying. There are a few new cars to note - a new Civic TCR and a new Mustang GT4 are likely to be the two most anticipated cars for the series this year.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 21:33 (Ref:4141339)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
We are about to go green for the first Imsa Michelin Pilot Challenge (IMPC) qualifying of the year. TCR is up first and the 14 cars entered will have 15 minutes to set a time. This session will be followed by the 32 GT4 cars on track for GS qualifying. There are a few new cars to note - a new Civic TCR and a new Mustang GT4 are likely to be the two most anticipated cars for the series this year.
McAller put his Cayman on the pole in GS and Pombo put his new Civic there for TCR
Old 26 Jan 2023, 21:35 (Ref:4141340)   #34
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Not surprising, but the Winward Merc is the only car not to have made it on track so far in Practice 2.

1/3 of the way in and it is Caddy 1 2 3. While Porsche and Ferrari continue to struggle
Old 26 Jan 2023, 22:29 (Ref:4141346)   #35
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we think Porsche teams in GT are playing the B*P game or genuinely struggling for pace?
Old 26 Jan 2023, 22:41 (Ref:4141349)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm willing to go 50/50 on that, they know IMSA can see all the settings and systems And it seems IMSA would rather be slow with new cars than fast. I could see some tweaks but if they suddenly gain pace beyond any changes allowed I would expect swift retribution at Sebring
Old 26 Jan 2023, 23:58 (Ref:4141353)   #37
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
MX-5 Cup R1 in the books.

If you missed it, then enjoy the livestream replay. https://youtu.be/8XySlnWVj7I

Race 2 tomorrow morning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrpORfqgrbk
Old 27 Jan 2023, 03:26 (Ref:4141359)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Racer has reported that Auer broke his back in the accident this morning.

https://racer.com/2023/01/26/auer-ho...ractice-crash/
Old 27 Jan 2023, 03:38 (Ref:4141361)   #39
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, sounds like he's out of the race, for good reason and rest and repair sir, and they're trying to build a new chassis for Saturday. That's probably gonna be close
Old 27 Jan 2023, 12:58 (Ref:4141402)   #40
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That stinks for Auer. The team was in Houston yesterday to work on the spare tub? That's a thrash but the later start time on Saturday gives a bit more time, but man! Good luck to them!
Old 27 Jan 2023, 13:09 (Ref:4141408)   #41
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
That stinks for Auer. The team was in Houston yesterday to work on the spare tub? That's a thrash but the later start time on Saturday gives a bit more time, but man! Good luck to them!
Why wouldn't you bring your spare chassis with you? or doesn't some other Merc team have one they could loan?
Old 27 Jan 2023, 13:12 (Ref:4141409)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Do they have 2 cars there already? Guessing they didn't have room for another chassis in the hauler plus the MPC car(s) as well
Old 27 Jan 2023, 13:19 (Ref:4141412)   #43
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Official entry list is out.:

https://www.imsa.com/news/2023/01/25...ch-and-talent/

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...Entry-List.pdf

Looks like 61 cars entered. Nice showing for the new season.
Old 27 Jan 2023, 14:40 (Ref:4141415)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Do they have 2 cars there already? Guessing they didn't have room for another chassis in the hauler plus the MPC car(s) as well
That could be, I forgot about the IMPC effort. Assuming they get the new car there and built up, I wonder if they will draft a replacement driver?
Old 27 Jan 2023, 14:46 (Ref:4141416)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I was just noticing the weather forecast. Overnight low on Saturday is only 60°F. That has to be one of the warmer overnights in the recent past. I always seem to remember hearing 40's or so. There is also a slight 20% chance for rain Sunday. That would sure make an exciting finish!

On the official schedule we have the MX5 race this morning, IMPC practice and then race this afternoon. There are also 2 Weathertech sessions. One this evening being 20 minutes for GTP only. Seems like a short run, I wonder why they added this? Testing some new components before the race since there is no warm up saturday?
Old 27 Jan 2023, 16:03 (Ref:4141425)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Just watched a great MX-5, those cars race so good on such a variety of tracks.
Old 27 Jan 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4141432)   #47
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is IMSA tv down for anyone else or just me? I was trying to find the start time for the 4hr race, can anyone enlighten me, (UK time) thanks
Old 27 Jan 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4141434)   #48
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Daniel Morad replaces Lucas Auer

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...ucas-auer.html
Old 27 Jan 2023, 16:59 (Ref:4141436)   #49
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
Is IMSA tv down for anyone else or just me? I was trying to find the start time for the 4hr race, can anyone enlighten me, (UK time) thanks
Working now
Old 27 Jan 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4141438)   #50
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Winward has made it to Daytona with their spare chassis!

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2023/...ce-begins.html