Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Mar 2023, 13:21 (Ref:4145485)   #1576
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wouldn’t be surprised if Shedden moves onto another series again. Neal is doing his own thing now and looks like Henry has decided against racing anymore, although he may pop up again
I have heard this morning that Team Dynamics has closed down...
(Not the actual words used and only from one source, but that's what I've been told).
Old 2 Mar 2023, 13:44 (Ref:4145489)   #1577
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
(Not the actual words used and only from one source, but that's what I've been told).
Were still posting things in their Twitter this morning which is hopefully a good sign!
Old 2 Mar 2023, 13:46 (Ref:4145490)   #1578
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I have heard this morning that Team Dynamics has closed down.
I'm assuming that was only in relation to the BTCC part of their operation?

Recently they have announced their Lotus Cortina historic plans for 2023, and just over an hour ago (at the time of writing) they have published some of their work on an Audi RS3 LMS TCR.
Old 2 Mar 2023, 13:53 (Ref:4145494)   #1579
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Talking to some of their seasonal and full time staff this is untrue.
Old 2 Mar 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4145495)   #1580
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With dynamics not mentioning anything on there socials yet could be putting a deal together with a certain driver that was said to be retiring at end of last season. Certain driver likes to leave his announcements late in the off season
Old 2 Mar 2023, 14:55 (Ref:4145498)   #1581
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Recently they have announced their Lotus Cortina historic plans for 2023, and just over an hour ago (at the time of writing) they have published some of their work on an Audi RS3 LMS TCR.
And have recently been re-tweeting a lot of posts by Halfords and Reis, so probably a good assumption that those 2 are still team sponsors
Old 2 Mar 2023, 16:01 (Ref:4145503)   #1582
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm sure rumours of Dynamics' demise are greatly exaggerated. But we'll see what they do this year with regards to drivers and sponsors
Old 2 Mar 2023, 16:09 (Ref:4145506)   #1583
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sign of the times if true - would be a shame
Old 2 Mar 2023, 16:48 (Ref:4145512)   #1584
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Were still posting things in their Twitter this morning which is hopefully a good sign!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm assuming that was only in relation to the BTCC part of their operation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
Talking to some of their seasonal and full time staff this is untrue.
Quote:
I'm sure rumours of Dynamics' demise are greatly exaggerated. But we'll see what they do this year with regards to drivers and sponsors
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Sign of the times if true - would be a shame
I genuinely hope that what I was told is not true and although the original source of my information is well connected, as I said in my comment it was only from one source (and they could have been miss-informed).
Old 2 Mar 2023, 17:10 (Ref:4145516)   #1585
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I genuinely hope that what I was told is not true and although the original source of my information is well connected, as I said in my comment it was only from one source (and they could have been miss-informed).
Be a massive loss to the grid if so. Take us down to 26 entries (I believe) unless Mr Gow has interested parties and is willing to redistribute the TBLs. Quality does seem slightly up this year, so there is a positive there.

From the top of my head 26 was the grid number he was aiming for a couple of years back. Although with the support paddock slightly reduced for this year maybe the grid size impact on the paddock won't be so large.

Edit: There it is (On grid numbers from 2018)

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...20361/5320361/
Old 2 Mar 2023, 18:34 (Ref:4145522)   #1586
hen henths
Racer

hen henths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
With dynamics not mentioning anything on there socials yet could be putting a deal together with a certain driver that was said to be retiring at end of last season. Certain driver likes to leave his announcements late in the off season
Would be a wonderful surprise to see, erm, said driver in a Dynamics Honda racing against Matt Neal or Shedden in the same machine. On the other hand, Dynamics leaving the BTCC would be awful.

Either way, these rumours have certainly made the silly season more interesting.

Last edited by hen henths; 2 Mar 2023 at 18:41.
Old 2 Mar 2023, 20:47 (Ref:4145533)   #1587
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen henths View Post
Would be a wonderful surprise to see, erm, said driver in a Dynamics Honda racing against Matt Neal or Shedden in the same machine.
How would this be any different to having Cook as a team mate last year?

Hopefully he sticks to his word and what he told people last year who celebrated his last year.
Old 3 Mar 2023, 11:04 (Ref:4145577)   #1588
hen henths
Racer

hen henths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
How would this be any different to having Cook as a team mate last year?
After the big rivalries he had with Neal and to some extent Shedden in previous years with some close fought titles, I just think it would be interesting to see them racing one another in identical machinery. Obviously it would have been a lot more interesting years ago when the drivers were at their peak but it would still be great to see.

I always enjoy watching him race and would love to see him continue in the BTCC a little longer.
Old 3 Mar 2023, 11:57 (Ref:4145587)   #1589
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen henths View Post
I just think it would be interesting to see them racing one another in identical machinery.
Maybe Gow can find a couple of not quite identical rally cars for an end-of-season shootout.
Old 3 Mar 2023, 12:35 (Ref:4145595)   #1590
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wondering if everyone is forgetting there is a Media Day coming up? With every team and his dog announcing liveries/cars/driver weeks/months beforehand then waiting for said Media Day will leave the path open for all the sponsor-pleasing headlines for themselves. Remember that the whole reason for smaller teams announcing early on their own was to avoid their news being overshadowed by the likes of Dynamics/WSR/888 etc. No news yet doesn't mean no news.
Old 3 Mar 2023, 16:03 (Ref:4145629)   #1591
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PMR have secured a third TBL for this season. Wonder who the driver might be?
Old 3 Mar 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4145631)   #1592
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.facebook.com/16567075014...S4uHyfrCYi1Ql/

Sticking with the current astra and 3rd driver announcement next week
Old 3 Mar 2023, 16:30 (Ref:4145634)   #1593
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Very interesting, nice to see some growth. Hopefully Hand is line for the third seat but suppose buying a TBL might command a pay driver (TCT state it’s not him or Crees).

Team Hard TBL (Boardley?) according to TCT.
Old 3 Mar 2023, 16:33 (Ref:4145635)   #1594
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Jamie Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Official BTCC says TBL is from Team Hard

https://www.btcc.net/2023/03/03/cars...2023-campaign/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Mar 2023, 16:45 (Ref:4145636)   #1595
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Very interesting, nice to see some growth. Hopefully Hand is line for the third seat but suppose buying a TBL might command a pay driver (TCT state it’s not him or Crees).
Nonsense. Who, exactly, in BTCC doesn't bring money to pay?
Old 3 Mar 2023, 17:36 (Ref:4145640)   #1596
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was at Croft for a trackday today - Excelr8 will be there on the 28th of March, with at least one other team.
Old 3 Mar 2023, 20:01 (Ref:4145648)   #1597
flatapex
Rookie

flatapex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
I wondering if everyone is forgetting there is a Media Day coming up? With every team and his dog announcing liveries/cars/driver weeks/months beforehand then waiting for said Media Day will leave the path open for all the sponsor-pleasing headlines for themselves. Remember that the whole reason for smaller teams announcing early on their own was to avoid their news being overshadowed by the likes of Dynamics/WSR/888 etc. No news yet doesn't mean no news.
I reckon that’s when we will see who is behind the wheel of the Toyotas for example
Old 4 Mar 2023, 09:14 (Ref:4145691)   #1598
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Nic Hamilton?
Old 4 Mar 2023, 10:16 (Ref:4145693)   #1599
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Does Nic want to continue racing?
Old 4 Mar 2023, 10:32 (Ref:4145698)   #1600
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does Nic want to continue racing?
He shared his latest racing licence on Instagram a month ago - talking about how the process of acquiring it is more disability-inclusive than it has been in previous years.

This week he also became a full member of the BRDC (unrelated but proves he's still involved in the motorsport community)

I would guess he will race something. If he is in the BTCC this year, I reckon Speedworks Toyota is the most likely, but the 3rd PMR seat may work for him and would be a reunion with his Yazoo/Safuu Team HARD 2021-2022 teammate ATS.