Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 22 Feb 2023, 15:25 (Ref:4144533)   #576
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would be surprised if more than TA class, they are not cheap cars to build or run. TA2s have a hard cap but TA is fairly open. Think HP at 870 and 1000 miles to rebuild is pretty much it, after that go wild but not electronics thank you, only TC is the right foot
Old 22 Feb 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4144540)   #577
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I would be surprised if more than TA class, they are not cheap cars to build or run. TA2s have a hard cap but TA is fairly open. Think HP at 870 and 1000 miles to rebuild is pretty much it, after that go wild but not electronics thank you, only TC is the right foot
You are probably right on the engine side. I was more thinking about chassis and aero side.

Looking at the Sports Sedans website the series is open for a wide range of cars. From wild silhouette cars, MARC cars tp production based cars.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4144543)   #578
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
There's never a need to apologize for posting anything about a Chevy powered, bonkers vehicle, E.B.!! That thing looks neat! Sounds terrific, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tk0...l=ThomasRandle

On that note, I did a quick search around and couldn't find much more on the engine, but from the above video, it sounds similar to a Holden Supercar V8, so I'd assume it's something like that?
Its a bit more full on that the Holden Supercar. The Gen 2 V8SC as run last year were 5 litre Chevs.(Now Holden no longer exists we will be rolling out the Gen 3 V8 SC which are Camaros and Mustangs this year and which are different engines to last year)
I know the Randle Saab is running at 6 litre., no ABS or traction control

Quite a good battle between the Saab V8 and another Sports Sedan, an Alfa GTV V8 Sports sedan here
https://youtu.be/nKrb5teks40
Old 22 Feb 2023, 16:48 (Ref:4144551)   #579
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I'm not trying to take anything away from what has already been said about this car, (and being at work, I've not watched the youtube link), but I'd say that the only thing Saab about this car would be what the body looks like.
Saab's were either front or four wheel drive whereas I'd guess that this is rear wheel drive so am assuming that it is a silhouette Sabb lookalike body over the top of a bespoke chassis.
I'm sure it is one heck of a beast though, and bet it does sound fantastic
Old 22 Feb 2023, 17:04 (Ref:4144555)   #580
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm not trying to take anything away from what has already been said about this car, (and being at work, I've not watched the youtube link), but I'd say that the only thing Saab about this car would be what the body looks like.
Saab's were either front or four wheel drive whereas I'd guess that this is rear wheel drive so am assuming that it is a silhouette Sabb lookalike body over the top of a bespoke chassis.
I'm sure it is one heck of a beast though, and bet it does sound fantastic
Quite right Viv.... it has a space frame chassis, with a silhouette mainly composite body 'shape, probably a Hewland trans and I know for a fact the engine is well into the drivers compartment. Plus of course a rwd as you point out. All up weight c 1000kgs and 740+bhp, plus of course enormous torque.... to coin a phrase on corner exit onto the straight it was 'pulling like a schoolboy'
Old 22 Feb 2023, 17:29 (Ref:4144557)   #581
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
If this car had a Camaro body it would be still an interesting car but standout less. Same for the Alfa from the Youtube video.
Old 24 Feb 2023, 03:16 (Ref:4144726)   #582
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This evening brought to you by the word oops

Apparently I moved too quickly, but I'm sure you can see the toe is SLIGHTLY open

As joeb called him, American hero working on his old van. Yup, that's water pump replacement in the parking lot of the parts store after dark with a head lamp

And a palate cleanser to finish
Old 24 Feb 2023, 03:34 (Ref:4144731)   #583
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe 2 of 3 photos could get you hurt, but I appreciate you sharing, despite it.
Old 24 Feb 2023, 03:54 (Ref:4144732)   #584
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They’re are any risky photos in this thread.

The last photo isn’t of the McLaren it is showing the red is Ed rear of the truck.
Old 24 Feb 2023, 14:03 (Ref:4144786)   #585
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didn't even notice rear of the truck. I think that'll buff out.
Old 24 Feb 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4144794)   #586
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's fine, it self clearanced for extra room backing the trailer
Old 24 Feb 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4144809)   #587
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why would anyone need a moving truck when you can strap 4 mattresses on top of a Toyota?

This guy wasn't messing around and going slow either.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20230224_154645184.MP.jpg  
Old 24 Feb 2023, 20:08 (Ref:4144823)   #588
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Important to remember to not use straps to crush the edges of your mattress too, can't have them getting damaged
Old 25 Feb 2023, 01:15 (Ref:4144835)   #589
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They’ll sleep well tonight.

Have you got HUD? I quite like a bit of a HUD.

He’s a couple of cars in the nations fair capital.

Nice Merc(edes) with a little dent that adds a bit of class. Another more modern Merc. I like a good R-Class - underrated.
And crikey there are a lot of shitboxes kicking around DC.
Attached Thumbnails
2450D669-6283-4C26-A3F5-E885B0102AC9.jpeg   C92C0CD3-1D8E-4573-A3D5-DA47E7634CA7.jpeg   084EBD26-7D2D-4455-9E33-E5638609E321.jpeg  

Old 25 Feb 2023, 01:17 (Ref:4144836)   #590
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My coworkers new Maverick. I like it a lot. Great size, tons of room inside. It's more expensive than I thought, though.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 02:47 (Ref:4144838)   #591
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Could probably get this particular Ford for a little less....
Old 25 Feb 2023, 03:48 (Ref:4144840)   #592
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Could probably get this particular Ford for a little less....
"Does it have a title?"

The Powerstroke is in his other Ford. They do that.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 04:15 (Ref:4144841)   #593
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
My coworkers new Maverick. I like it a lot. Great size, tons of room inside. It's more expensive than I thought, though.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...cf5da7f40a.jpg
The main reason not to buy this is not the price. It’s the name. Maverick.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 04:30 (Ref:4144842)   #594
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The main reason not to buy this is not the price. It’s the name. Maverick.
Are you familiar with the original? America's Austin Princess? The original ones were shitboxes but so was everything else.

I have seen this one all over the internet for years, so you can make one cool. Really sharp, actually. Bet it cost 100gs to build.

Old 25 Feb 2023, 08:56 (Ref:4144848)   #595
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not strictly car spotting but there are a few here for you lot to discuss. The new Focus ST was my ride yesterday. I liked the Opel Manta.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-NQXssT
Old 25 Feb 2023, 12:59 (Ref:4144863)   #596
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Not strictly car spotting but there are a few here for you lot to discuss. The new Focus ST was my ride yesterday. I liked the Opel Manta.

Some interesting snaps there Peter. Nice to see a ShellSport Mexico, I've not seen one of those for a long time!
Old 25 Feb 2023, 13:59 (Ref:4144870)   #597
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Are you familiar with the original? America's Austin Princess? The original ones were shitboxes but so was everything else.

I have seen this one all over the internet for years, so you can make one cool. Really sharp, actually. Bet it cost 100gs to build.

https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/s...rick-moore.jpg
Just read up on it. It had a trim line called grabber.

Has love child of a Mustang and Capri vibe about it.

As for poor names. Princess!
Old 25 Feb 2023, 14:04 (Ref:4144872)   #598
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

I haven’t been to Stoneleigh for years. A Jaguar Spares day in 2018 I guess. Needed some bits.

I’m worried about the XJS in you photos. Did the owner leave the lights on
Old 25 Feb 2023, 14:12 (Ref:4144873)   #599
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The engine was running. He switched them off when he switched the engine off. That said there's a warning buzzer if the lights are on when the engine is off.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 14:53 (Ref:4144876)   #600
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Phew It’s been known for me to need someone at work to remind me I left my lights on!

Last XJS I had we removed all the superfluous things like buzzers, airs con, seats