Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Jul 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4060713)   #91
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is weird to go to a track where there is space for run of, and then put a wall there nontheless. I would say the bumpy muddy grass of Puebla is reason enough to try not to go off the circuit.
Back to a classic track in New York this weekend. Frijns doing really well considering the track conditions in qualifying and the resulting starting grid in race 1. Cassidy must be ****ed at Vergne. First he got pushed wide in a duel for the lead. Ok, something which can happen in a fight for the lead. But then in the interview afterwards JEV says that 'Cassidy turned into him' making it not possible for JEV to turn his car in time....
Old 20 Jul 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4062364)   #92
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
London this coming weekend. Crazy looking track with two very steep ramps into and out of the Excel centre. Muggins here on the final corner with my big gloves and a notepad!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4062657)   #93
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way our sport is going!
Here @ Silverstone we've got 4 days of Formula Student, with Electric, Hydrogen & Petrol powered cars, along with AI (Artificial Intelligence) ones.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 11:07 (Ref:4062969)   #94
BTCC frog
Racer

BTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pole for Alex Lynn in race one. It would be good to see him get a win; Mahindra deserve it.
However, I would like to see the qualifying format scrapped for next year. Superpole could stay, but it's the group qualifying which is the problem. Formula e would still be massively unpredictable even without this format which is far too gimmicky.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4062983)   #95
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They've really got to sort this qualifying out. To see the top drivers getting taken out race after race because of the qualifying isn't doing the series any favours.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 19:31 (Ref:4063014)   #96
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a watch of this on a rare weekend off.

Was like MarioKart but less interesting.

Are all the tracks a joke like this?
Old 25 Jul 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4063055)   #97
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

This is by far the worst track they've ever raced on IMO.
Old 25 Jul 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4063058)   #98
Derwent
Racer

Derwent has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
How can anyone take Formula E seriously? Why can't they race on proper circuits? They can't claim to be green as the amount of diesel used by the cranes to create and remove the hundreds of barriers, stands etc will far out weigh the actually racing cars minimal carbon creation.
As for the TV coverage. Why have an idiot game show host to present it? You can imagine the outcry if he was to host Match of the Day!
Old 25 Jul 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4063098)   #99
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
This is by far the worst track they've ever raced on IMO.
Looks like the NEC Action arena!! How can the Commentators get so “excited” by such slow racing? Haven’t seen it for years , everyone seems to be immersed in the illusion. For me it does EV cars no favours. Someone must having a massive earn out of this
Old 25 Jul 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4063103)   #100
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
How can anyone take Formula E seriously? Why can't they race on proper circuits? They can't claim to be green as the amount of diesel used by the cranes to create and remove the hundreds of barriers, stands etc will far out weigh the actually racing cars minimal carbon creation.
As for the TV coverage. Why have an idiot game show host to present it? You can imagine the outcry if he was to host Match of the Day!
Because racing on "proper" circuits is not the idea of the series. It's designed to bring racing to cities and to attract people who normally wouldn't think of going to a motor race.

The green side comes from the racing being where the people live rather than them all travelling to a circuit miles away.
Old 25 Jul 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4063108)   #101
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
reminder that nobody is obligated to be interested in a series!

personally i don’t mind watching it but i also don’t take it particularly seriously. the people involved are all skilled, talented folk but the end product imo doesn’t do anybody any justice. the circuits i don’t have beef with because like others say, they’re not meant to be spa or even the hungaroring.
Old 25 Jul 2021, 16:12 (Ref:4063112)   #102
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why doesn't World Rally Cross race on proper circuits? Why do they use silly little modified dirt things? It's so silly.

Motorsport fans: We're tired of Paul Ricard and Barcelona. It'd be nice to have something different.

Also Motorsport fans: Why is this not using the same as everyone else?

Also also motorsport fans: Loving having super advanced motorsports, but have absolutely no idea how they work or why.

Anyway, was good fun. I liked R2. Didn't get to see R1.
Old 25 Jul 2021, 16:34 (Ref:4063113)   #103
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Had a watch of this on a rare weekend off.

Was like MarioKart but less interesting.

Are all the tracks a joke like this?
By F1 standards - isn't Monaco a joke of a circuit?
Old 25 Jul 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4063116)   #104
BTCC frog
Racer

BTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow. That was absolutely legendary from Lucas Di Grassi and Audi. They pull off all the best wins in Formula e (Mexico City season 3), and then doing this is even better. I remember in Berlin last year Buemi and the Mahindras got away with doing this under FCY and then the loophole was closed, but I suppose it was not closed at that time for safety cars. Maybe Audi had known all this time but, knowing they will only be allowed to use it once, they saved it for the most effective time. I can imagine that the stewards were desperately trying to find a reason to disallow the victory because it would have made a mockery out of Formula e if they had pulled it off, but I still wish Di Grassi had indeed stopped properly so that he could have won that race. I half expect Audi to be banned from the Berlin races, but if they are, they can at least leave on a high with what was almost the Brabham fan car of Formula e tactics. Fantastic!
Old 25 Jul 2021, 18:14 (Ref:4063119)   #105
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
By F1 standards - isn't Monaco a joke of a circuit?
Perhaps, but the Excel track looked ridiculous.

I do like it down by the Royal Docks, but I’d still prefer Monaco!