Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 Jun 2018, 17:07 (Ref:3827442)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2019 IndyCar Series schedule

The Formula E announced that the 2019 Mexico ePrix will be held on February 16.

So IndyCar could race there in late March, right?
Old 7 Jun 2018, 19:36 (Ref:3827483)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you're footing the bill but I think management has said there was no promoter who wanted to work with them on it. And I think there wasn't much interest from the teams in going to Mexico when previously broached. I think everyone thinks it should work but no one wants to risk that money on it when they already have a couple duds on the schedule to make up for, we're all looking at you PIR (or whatever you are this week)
Old 8 Jun 2018, 10:53 (Ref:3827629)   #3
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's give Portland the benefit of the doubt until it runs... then call it a dud if it is one...
Old 8 Jun 2018, 11:09 (Ref:3827636)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Let's give Portland the benefit of the doubt until it runs... then call it a dud if it is one...
Oh no that was directed at Phoenix (ISM i think, or whatever phoenix calls itself this year) and the Indy road course
Old 8 Jun 2018, 14:45 (Ref:3827665)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't wait for Portland. Even if the racing is lack luster, the track is just too cool.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3828872)   #6
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Oh no that was directed at Phoenix (ISM i think, or whatever phoenix calls itself this year) and the Indy road course

Oh right, sorry. And agree.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3828873)   #7
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I can't wait for Portland. Even if the racing is lack luster, the track is just too cool.

I haven't been following racing long enough to remember it from "the old days" but I'm pretty excited. Lots of momentum from the Green Savoree folks, and a certain Mr. Bourdais mentioned to me a couple of years ago that he thought the Pacific Northwest was a big untapped market for IndyCar... let's hope he was right!
Old 13 Jun 2018, 17:28 (Ref:3829018)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I haven't been following racing long enough to remember it from "the old days" but I'm pretty excited. Lots of momentum from the Green Savoree folks, and a certain Mr. Bourdais mentioned to me a couple of years ago that he thought the Pacific Northwest was a big untapped market for IndyCar... let's hope he was right!
Oh no! I'm one of the old guys now!

The couple of times I've visited Oregon, and I even had a conversation with somebody from Oregon 30 minutes ago about it, is that the place is full of hipsters and rednecks and redneck-hipsters. Myself and most Motor Racing should fit right in, for the most part.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 12:12 (Ref:3829264)   #9
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
redneck-hipsters
I can't imagine them.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 16:12 (Ref:3829312)   #10
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Oh no! I'm one of the old guys now!

The couple of times I've visited Oregon, and I even had a conversation with somebody from Oregon 30 minutes ago about it, is that the place is full of hipsters and rednecks and redneck-hipsters. Myself and most Motor Racing should fit right in, for the most part.

As long as the guy who dresses like Darth Vader in a kilt, and rides around on a unicycle playing flaming bagpipes shows up, it'll all be good.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 04:47 (Ref:3829576)   #11
Baritone2400
Racer

United States
Washington,DC
Baritone2400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Still need a few more solid races, East coast, Midwest, almost there tho!
Old 23 Jun 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3832700)   #12
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
IndyCar won't return to Phoenix in 2019 — the race simply didn’t attract enough fans over the past three years. Story per Racer here.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3832709)   #13
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If Alonso comes full time to IndyCar next year, could can it be possible for IndyCar to visit Spain for some (Barcelona or Jerez) track race event ?
Old 23 Jun 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3832710)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
If Alonso comes full time to IndyCar next year, could can it be possible for IndyCar to visit Spain for some (Barcelona or Jerez) track race event ?
Unlikely, unless Alonso is going to pay for it.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3832711)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
IndyCar won't return to Phoenix in 2019 — the race simply didn’t attract enough fans over the past three years. Story per Racer here.
That's a shame.
Old 23 Jun 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3832712)   #16
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
As long as the guy who dresses like Darth Vader in a kilt, and rides around on a unicycle playing flaming bagpipes shows up, it'll all be good.
He will head the parade lap, duh!
Old 24 Jun 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3832848)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I'm not really surprised, it was a three year contract and the racing wasn't outstanding. Maybe a 5 year contract would have been better, especially with the introduction of the UAK but that's hindsight talking.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3832855)   #18
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The Stiges-Terramar oval! :P

There are big Spanish companies who could do it, say Santander, Movistar or Meliá.

Last edited by NaBUru38; 24 Jun 2018 at 14:37.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3832862)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The Stiges-Terramar oval! :P

There are big Spanish companies who could do it, say Santander or Movistar.
Somehow I doubt it.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3832865)   #20
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Never underestimate the AlonsomanĂ*a.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3832867)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Never underestimate the AlonsomanĂ*a.
The last race held there was in the 1950s, since then it's been abandoned.
Old 24 Jun 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3832886)   #22
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
He will head the parade lap, duh!
That would b f***ing EPIC!
Old 25 Jun 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3832984)   #23
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'm not really surprised, it was a three year contract and the racing wasn't outstanding. Maybe a 5 year contract would have been better, especially with the introduction of the UAK but that's hindsight talking.
Me neither, Phoenix round was never a great success. Dull racing and crowds were around 7k, I think.

The empty slot between March and April will be hard to fill. There aren't so many tracks suitable (weather-wise) for open wheel racing during that time of the year.
Old 25 Jun 2018, 16:27 (Ref:3833068)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Me neither, Phoenix round was never a great success. Dull racing and crowds were around 7k, I think.

The empty slot between March and April will be hard to fill. There aren't so many tracks suitable (weather-wise) for open wheel racing during that time of the year.
It only makes sense to me, and I'm no logistical expert, to bump the opening st. Pete round to a week or two later and then go directly to Barber instead of Florida West Coast back to almost Florida. Late March early April in NE Alabama can be sketchy at times but when it's not, it's beautiful.

Also, not sure if Homestead is even in contention but a Southeastern swing in the springtime could be an interesting proposition . losing a Southwest oval and adding Homestead to Barber and Saint Pete????
Old 25 Jun 2018, 16:41 (Ref:3833069)   #25
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It only makes sense to me, and I'm no logistical expert, to bump the opening st. Pete round to a week or two later and then go directly to Barber instead of Florida West Coast back to almost Florida. Late March early April in NE Alabama can be sketchy at times but when it's not, it's beautiful.

Also, not sure if Homestead is even in contention but a Southeastern swing in the springtime could be an interesting proposition . losing a Southwest oval and adding Homestead to Barber and Saint Pete????
St. Pete would have to be two weeks later to avoid a conflict with Sebring, which is the third Saturday in March. And yes, IndyCar does go out of its way to avoid racing the Sebring weekend.