Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Oct 2015, 07:42 (Ref:3580457)   #1
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dessert David Reynolds' Bathurst Comments

Mr Reynolds really should watch his mouth. Calling the girls car the [you can find it elsewhere if you're interest] is a bit uncalled for. Guess it does show his is probably on the way out at PRA.

Good on V8SC to come out against what he said. 25k fine, apparently none of it suspended from what i've heard.
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/c...s-fined-25-000

Last edited by naca; 8 Oct 2015 at 08:11.
Old 8 Oct 2015, 08:24 (Ref:3580466)   #2
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
Mr Reynolds really should watch his mouth. Calling the girls car the [you can find it elsewhere if you're interest] is a bit uncalled for. Guess it does show his is probably on the way out at PRA.

Good on V8SC to come out against what he said. 25k fine, apparently none of it suspended from what i've heard.
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/c...s-fined-25-000
If it is what been posted below I personally think it's all gone a bit too PC

Quote:
"All the teams do pad changes during the race, but I heard they're the only ones doing a pad change with wings.".
Old 8 Oct 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3580468)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Immature & stupid.

Comment on the driving talent not the gender.

Is $25k a big enough fine?

And will this impact his 2016 landing place? You cant see Metcash/Bottle O being too pleased at that kind of alleged behaviour.. especially considering their buying demographic!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Oct 2015, 09:24 (Ref:3580474)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
David Reynolds Apologises
Old 8 Oct 2015, 10:10 (Ref:3580481)   #5
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
$25k out of his wallet should help his qualifiying pace!
Old 8 Oct 2015, 11:30 (Ref:3580491)   #6
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
$25k out of his wallet should help his qualifiying pace!
Not a great look for v8sc
Old 8 Oct 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3580493)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Not a great look for v8sc
V8SC didnt make the reference, the driver did. He owned up to his mistake.
Old 8 Oct 2015, 11:43 (Ref:3580496)   #8
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
V8SC didnt make the reference, the driver did. He owned up to his mistake.
He did - but like it or not he represents v8sc, along with ford, sponsors etc.

They are all tarnished by this today.

No different to an NRL or AFL player
Old 8 Oct 2015, 12:02 (Ref:3580501)   #9
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The PC feminist nazi crowd will have a field day in the media tomorrow!
Old 8 Oct 2015, 12:16 (Ref:3580504)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
He did - but like it or not he represents v8sc, along with ford, sponsors etc.

They are all tarnished by this today.

No different to an NRL or AFL player
The almost immediate censure from the governibg body should not be overlooked either, but I do take your point

Front page of tomorrow's Tele?

EDIT: Yep..
Old 8 Oct 2015, 12:27 (Ref:3580506)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was sitting down reading about this with the GF and I read to her what Dave had said - she said "meh" to the worst thing he said, but the pit stop comment was met with a roar of laughter...

But she is far less sensitive than many women...
Old 8 Oct 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3580561)   #12
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The almost immediate censure from the governibg body should not be overlooked either, but I do take your point

Front page of tomorrow's Tele?

EDIT: Yep..
Hi GTR,

Its the hypocrisy of the human race that gets me, and in particular our male species. All 'red blooded' men, think or say things to their mates about woman, and what they would like to do to that sheila etc, including the Judges that sit on the Supreme Court, yet the minute that view, thought, gesture, etc is seen or expressed publicly, we all suddenly become righteous, filled with indignation, it does my head in!

25K! what are they trying to prove, hypercritical SOB's

Cheer's

Mark.

PS. "Pussy wagon" I like that, but the Pad comments is definitely OTT.
Old 8 Oct 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3580587)   #13
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the back of the "here come the strippers" comments by an AFL commentator in the last couple of weeks, along with media attention that has received, I don't blame V8SC for fining Dave for his comments. The last thing I think V8SC want is the same sort of $hit storm that the AFL had with that in the media.

Nice to see he has admitted for going to far.....
Old 8 Oct 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3580591)   #14
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi GTR,

Its the hypocrisy of the human race that gets me, and in particular our male species. All 'red blooded' men, think or say things to their mates about woman, and what they would like to do to that sheila etc, including the Judges that sit on the Supreme Court, yet the minute that view, thought, gesture, etc is seen or expressed publicly, we all suddenly become righteous, filled with indignation, it does my head in!

25K! what are they trying to prove, hypercritical SOB's

Cheer's

Mark.

PS. "Pussy wagon" I like that, but the Pad comments is definitely OTT.
Interesting views.....which are entirely yours.
You're obviously filled with righteous indignation of your own to make those comments. You and some others here, make the assumption that all females think the same and should accept sexist comments these days. Sure....some women don't take morons like Reynolds seriously and just let it go. Some others are offended by his brain dead stupid comments and are immediately turned off motorsport. The AFL has recognized the importance of the female demographic to their fan base and respect and foster that following, despite the efforts of some of the players. He got off easy with the 25k fine. The crazy part is that he has great talent. Like many athletes/celebs, he should stick to what he does best.
I don't think we have heard the last of this.
Old 8 Oct 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3580594)   #15
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
You and some others here, make the assumption that all females think the same and should accept sexist comments these days. Sure....some women don't take morons like Reynolds seriously and just let it go. Some others are offended by his brain dead stupid comments and are immediately turned off motorsport.
And if you haven't noticed, in this country minority groups seems to have the biggest voice, and would make sure everyone would know about this.....
Old 8 Oct 2015, 21:24 (Ref:3580595)   #16
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The truth lies somewhere between Mark Petch and porsche91722. We are way too politically correct but Dave was a bit OTT. If it had been a netball comp and the girls had said something about the 'all boy team' in a similar manner, we all would have laughed it off and moved on.

Personally I think the most sexist remark made in the press conference was the journalist who asked the original question 'Are you worried about the slow girls?'. There are plenty of teams running at similar pace to the girls anyone from about position 25 down, why single the girls out on their sex alone?
Old 8 Oct 2015, 22:17 (Ref:3580602)   #17
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the point is it's quite rich to fine a guy $25k for a light-hearted off the cuff comment about his peers (team mates) when the organization's "Miss" V8Supercars" competition has less to do with motorsport acumen and more to do with getting their boobs out.

I've regularly seen Reynolds give non-Female peers similar grief.

I'm yet to see V8Supercars offer a bloke $20,000 for jumping in his budgie smugglers.
Old 8 Oct 2015, 22:50 (Ref:3580606)   #18
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Lol storm in a teacup. 20k is pocket change for Reynolds. Goes to show the NRL is setting the right example in treating women equally.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 00:05 (Ref:3580611)   #19
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
20k is pocket change for Reynolds
Really?

Did you do his tax return?
Old 9 Oct 2015, 00:38 (Ref:3580614)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why David Reynolds Deserved His Fine
Old 9 Oct 2015, 00:57 (Ref:3580617)   #21
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick query. (Are we allowed to say 'query??). Whats the difference between this and 888 tweeting that a pit lane reporters boyfriend comes too quick?? Equally classless yet somehow acceptable.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 01:18 (Ref:3580619)   #22
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Quick query. (Are we allowed to say 'query??). Whats the difference between this and 888 tweeting that a pit lane reporters boyfriend comes too quick?? Equally classless yet somehow acceptable.
No reason other than being a Holden team.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 01:31 (Ref:3580620)   #23
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Reynolds was obviously not serious and meant no harm, but if society continued on that path could it lead to a downward spiral and more serious consequences for women in the future?.........and I am not a PC person!
Old 9 Oct 2015, 01:31 (Ref:3580621)   #24
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This fine is silly. I bet any female racing against him would have rolled their eyes at worst.

If he calls Will Davo a D***head or Moffat a W***er that will be considered ok.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 02:01 (Ref:3580624)   #25
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I guess that this rules out the #17 being called the d.c. mobile ?