Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 2019, 08:05 (Ref:3877457)   #876
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Beautiful morning down here, I can see all the way up the coast past Aguilas from our bedroom window, I must get out of bed !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Jan 2019, 08:18 (Ref:3877458)   #877
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I see Steve Soper's 2018 build Lotus Cortina is up for sale at £115k. It was built by Team Dynamics using all new parts where possible and has a good racing history in its only year of competition.

Does that represent a profit for him or is that a good buy because you'd never build one for that little? I've no idea how much it costs these days to win a race.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Jan 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3877459)   #878
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I would hazard a guess that’s about break even point..... (Considering who built the car and the engine )

Unlikely to get a quicker one anywhere though.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 08:55 (Ref:3877462)   #879
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Unlikely to be allowed to race it many places either.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3877464)   #880
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
same hear, Boss.......
And here!
Old 21 Jan 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3877465)   #881
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Interesting comment Joe! It’s sold to Portugal, apparently.... looks like the price came down from £150k!
Old 21 Jan 2019, 09:23 (Ref:3877467)   #882
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Cheers, Robyn, Gordon and Zef. All makes sense to me. Hope Mike H has got the answer to his question!

Yes, thanks to all of you for your input, and the answers make it clear why we didn't go down the down draught route.

When I consider that the engines that us real amateurs were putting together couldn't/wouldn't rev at much more than 5,500 without creating serious damage, it explains why no-one ever suggested to us that D/D was the way to go.

I will try to explain what you say to the readers on Gerry's F/B page.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 10:17 (Ref:3877477)   #883
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Surprising because I thought he could have start money now…
Old 21 Jan 2019, 10:50 (Ref:3877483)   #884
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Gee, thanks bud! I’ll try and get them to post the right way up.
What hope is there of that with Delta already standing upside down when he gets darn Sarf.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3877489)   #885
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Topical if nothing else.
The Corgi at the wheel caused my first coffee spit on the keyboard for this year. Thanks Bob!
Old 21 Jan 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3877490)   #886
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=Cliff Ryan;3877335]
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Cliff, that would be funny if every single word wasn't true. [\QUOTE]
You couldn’t make it up, could you?

It's not so different from 'normal' day to day politics really.

Just more condensed under a brighter spotlight.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 11:16 (Ref:3877495)   #887
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The Corgi at the wheel caused my first coffee spit on the keyboard for this year. Thanks Bob!
Yes ... but quite offensive really in some quarters, given that, iirc, the last Royal Corgi passed away last year.

No doubt many will feel incredibly stressed from seeing such an inconsiderate meme.

Etc.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3877497)   #888
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Not surprised that a tabloid has bought (allegedly) the passenger in the other car’s story. She’s surprised not to have received any communication from Prince P. Well it’s not surprising in reality, as even if you could be deemed at fault, a lawyer will always advise never to admit culpability....
Old 21 Jan 2019, 11:23 (Ref:3877498)   #889
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It was 120 + vat, so 115 out of a vat zone is probably a good compromise for both sides?

Hopefully the new owner is tall enough to be able to see where they're going in it.

Q
Quote:
Interesting comment Joe! It’s sold to Portugal, apparently.... looks like the price came down from £150k!
Old 21 Jan 2019, 11:43 (Ref:3877502)   #890
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
What hope is there of that with Delta already standing upside down when he gets darn Sarf.
What do you think? He's always like that… Did you already book qwassons or giant buns at Island Pies?
Old 21 Jan 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3877503)   #891
Terence Bower
Rookie

Germany
Terence Bower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not surprised that a tabloid has bought (allegedly) the passenger in the other car’s story. She’s surprised not to have received any communication from Prince P. Well it’s not surprising in reality, as even if you could be deemed at fault, a lawyer will always advise never to admit culpability....
Oh, I do hope she's happy she got some money out of it!!
Old 21 Jan 2019, 12:04 (Ref:3877508)   #892
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just out of interest, has anyone on here who has had the misfortune to be involved in a RTC ever received a phone call from the other party, whether they were or were not to blame, to say that they were sorry that a collision had happened? Or, did you phone the other party to state regret that the collision happened?

Furthermore, did you either receive or send a bucket of flowers?

What a load of spherical objects!
Old 21 Jan 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3877511)   #893
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The world we live in....

‘No’ to all your questions. I remember when a teen we were in the car with Dad driving in a built up area, and a kid on a bike shot straight across the road in front of us. He finished up going over the bonnet and onto the pavement, fortunately only slightly hurt. Dad was mortified, as most would be even when not to blame, but the insurance company advised under NO circumstances contact the family, send chocolates or anything....
Old 21 Jan 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3877523)   #894
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Yes ... but quite offensive really in some quarters, given that, iirc, the last Royal Corgi passed away last year.

No doubt many will feel incredibly stressed from seeing such an inconsiderate meme.

Etc.
Said, Outraged of Tunbridge Wells.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 16:28 (Ref:3877542)   #895
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Tim, the 3K figure for NZ would have been less if we had managed to fill the containers. We've only got 8 cars this time, last time we took 12 in 2 boxes. Travel between circuits would the same as the cars travel in the club's containers.
I was asking in speculation of taking one or two of mine to NZ if we make the big move at some point but i suppose you can get quite a few more Formula Juniors than yank tanks in a 20 footer
Old 21 Jan 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3877550)   #896
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I was asking in speculation of taking one or two of mine to NZ if we make the big move at some point but i suppose you can get quite a few more Formula Juniors than yank tanks in a 20 footer
A lot of advantages in owning a FJ!
Old 21 Jan 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3877554)   #897
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terence Bower View Post
Totally clear sky's here Iain, only thing is its minus 10.❄️❄️

Clear 'n cool 'n minty here too. I just caught the last part of the eclipse about 5.30am.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3877556)   #898
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Just out of interest, has anyone on here who has had the misfortune to be involved in a RTC ever received a phone call from the other party, whether they were or were not to blame, to say that they were sorry that a collision had happened? Or, did you phone the other party to state regret that the collision happened?

Furthermore, did you either receive or send a bucket of flowers?

The woman who ran me over did pop round later in the day!
Old 21 Jan 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3877557)   #899
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
She was driving an Eclipse or an Elise…
Old 21 Jan 2019, 17:50 (Ref:3877559)   #900
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I just caught the last part of the eclipse about 5.30am.
Quite normal, John, the girl was with me till 3 am! Yes Mike H, I received the well deserved flowers!