Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Feb 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3616699)   #26
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
We'll also unrestrict and unballast our race car at some point and have a go at Stephen's record on our Dunlops.

can't wait.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 15:38 (Ref:3616748)   #27
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
@Napolis
Thanks very much for the response

I guess you guys are a top team, ie, your team also tested with confidential tires? Assuming it to be so, then I can deduce that Dunlop proved to be a better tire, correct?

Do you know the reason for most top teams(like the former dominator Marc VDS) using Michelins, then?
We are but our test was apple to apples.

Both Dunlop and Michelin make great tires. In 2015 Dunlop won P2, Michelin GTE and P1 H.

Things change and in 2016 I think Dunlop and SCG will be VERY strong at the Ring.

As my friend Mark D said: "When the flag drops the bullshit stops".
Old 22 Feb 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3616754)   #28
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Guess if there's one place where you could race the car pretty much unrestricted in Germany (or whole Europe for that matter?), would be DMV GTC. See where it really takes you. And beat that old GT1 Viper and Pagani

Maybe by the time you (possibly) join LMP1 more makes than just Mic and Dunlop have joined the show again. There can never be too much tire variety in todays diminishing variety on that front.

By the way there used to be own dedicated thread for your hypothetical P1 back in the day, on top of the P4/5 thread, perhaps we should move these dedicated discussions there (or new updated thread) instead of having scattered discussion here and the LMP1-incentive thread, and VLN one, etc
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ht=glickenhaus
I agree.

Unrestricted no GTE car would run with us except for The Ford GTE equally unrestricted. As we have less frontal area then them we'd probably be faster.

We're making over 900KG of net downforce and have an aerodynamic ratio very close to a P2. There is no other GT car near that. Unballasted we'd weigh 1150KG.

Unrestricted/Unballasted I think we'll kiss Stephen's time.

Off for a 30 Hour Test.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 19:50 (Ref:3616830)   #29
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I agree.

Unrestricted no GTE car would run with us except for The Ford GTE equally unrestricted. As we have less frontal area then them we'd probably be faster.

We're making over 900KG of net downforce and have an aerodynamic ratio very close to a P2. There is no other GT car near that. Unballasted we'd weigh 1150KG.

Unrestricted/Unballasted I think we'll kiss Stephen's time.

Off for a 30 Hour Test.
You literally have GT1 car in 2016... the lost sister of MC12 Just 10 years too late!

Take some video of the unrestricted, unballasted testing, could you?

Tell everyone at the office we love your spirit!
Old 22 Feb 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3616841)   #30
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Those gte cars are no slouch. Pretty sure they can drop weight without ballast and run 800hp without restrictors. The GT3 cars are already slowed down at VLN events vs other series' using the same car thanks to bop. But this is off topic. Would be nice to see these cars run freely without bop, though.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 01:18 (Ref:3616905)   #31
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
You literally have GT1 car in 2016... the lost sister of MC12 Just 10 years too late!

Take some video of the unrestricted, unballasted testing, could you?

Tell everyone at the office we love your spirit!
We will when we do.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 01:30 (Ref:3616908)   #32
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Those gte cars are no slouch. Pretty sure they can drop weight without ballast and run 800hp without restrictors. The GT3 cars are already slowed down at VLN events vs other series' using the same car thanks to bop. But this is off topic. Would be nice to see these cars run freely without bop, though.
You're right about 800HP. Not sure if any of them could get to 1150KG.

The shape as shown by LMP 1 is the real factor. Still staying within the GT rules you can get a lot closer to LMP2/LMP 1 aero the key is cockpit size. GT manufactures have to have a cockpit that fits two large customers even though allowed GT dimensions are narrower as we've gone. Narrower windscreens makes a huge difference and our cockpit still fits my wife and I but we're not Texas sized. Cut down fenders and flow through rear as Ford and us have done is also very important but we're the only GT at the front windshield limit. A LMP2 is better and an LMP1 is better still. As we understand it in 2018 LMP1 will have a bigger cockpit with more central seating position. LMP1 is the Sport of KINGS.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 10:58 (Ref:3616985)   #33
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
We are but our test was apple to apples.

Both Dunlop and Michelin make great tires. In 2015 Dunlop won P2, Michelin GTE and P1 H.

Things change and in 2016 I think Dunlop and SCG will be VERY strong at the Ring.
So, if I understood it right, you tested with both company's confidential tires and the results showed Dunlop as the better, right? and I suppose this test was done rather recently as of indicating what you expect for 2016? I ask that because of what you said in the last sentence.

I wonder if more teams will realize this and rather we'll see lot's of them shod on Dunlops, this year, rather than typically on Mic.
Old 23 Feb 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3617039)   #34
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
So, if I understood it right, you tested with both company's confidential tires and the results showed Dunlop as the better, right? and I suppose this test was done rather recently as of indicating what you expect for 2016? I ask that because of what you said in the last sentence.

I wonder if more teams will realize this and rather we'll see lot's of them shod on Dunlops, this year, rather than typically on Mic.
You don't.

After the 2015 we tested apple to apple Dunlop to Michelin at Spa.

Based on that test we decided to stay with Dunlop.

Our results since then show we made the right choice.

I'm glad Dunlop is moving into LMP1 especially in light of their P2 success.

Rebellion LMP1 will use Dunlop.

What will Kolles LMP1 be on?

Tire wars are great for the Sport.

Last edited by Napolis; 23 Feb 2016 at 16:38.
Old 24 Feb 2016, 08:23 (Ref:3617270)   #35
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
After the 2015 we tested apple to apple Dunlop to Michelin at Spa.

Based on that test we decided to stay with Dunlop.
Is there NDA involved? Can you say the tenths(or seconds) gap between the two tires?
Old 25 Feb 2016, 19:07 (Ref:3617757)   #36
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I heard some VERY good things about the Dunlop tires at VLN10, specifically about the qualifying tires that Walkenhorst used. Top 3 in qualifying all on Dunlop, that says it all. Michelin (#56) still won the race, though

Are you gonna be at the VLN test next month? Because I will be
Old 9 Mar 2016, 00:56 (Ref:3621385)   #37
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunlop testing.
https://scontent-gru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ca&oe=574F60A5
Old 9 Mar 2016, 02:01 (Ref:3621399)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Looks good in that lineup with the P cars.
Old 9 Mar 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3621480)   #39
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's frankly incredible that this project exists in the first place, and I mean that as a huge compliment.

It seems to me, as someone that dips in and out of GT racing, to be a drop of clarity in a sea of slightly confusing regulations.
Old 9 Mar 2016, 14:09 (Ref:3621561)   #40
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
It's frankly incredible that this project exists in the first place, and I mean that as a huge compliment.

It seems to me, as someone that dips in and out of GT racing, to be a drop of clarity in a sea of slightly confusing regulations.
Thanks!

Testing went well. We're happy with our new aero tweeks. Our newly engineered turbos have reduced lag a lot and helped our torque curve. We have a bit of set up work to do and several steps with Dunlop to go. They are great to work with.

We won't be at Ring Test days as We'll be at The 12H of Mugello with two cars

We will also run P 4/5 C on Dunlops.
Old 9 Mar 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3621616)   #41
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the project is fantastic too.
where did the Dunlop Test Jim?
The P4 / 5 C will be in a black livery or you are thinking of another color?
A Red livery will be fantastic!!!
Old 10 Mar 2016, 06:03 (Ref:3621768)   #42
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I think the project is fantastic too.
where did the Dunlop Test Jim?
The P4 / 5 C will be in a black livery or you are thinking of another color?
A Red livery will be fantastic!!!
Thanks!

Aragon.

She's staying Black.

Our road version of SCG is coming along nicely and will have a TT V8 that will make about 800 HP and 850 NM of torque. It will weigh about 1100KG. It will
Be done this summer.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3621860)   #43
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Jim, could you lower the purchase price of your cars significantly please?

It would open up a huge market meaning you will easily sell double the number of required cars for GT-E/LM/3/D homologation! And I might be able to start dreaming about acquiring one as well!

Good luck with your endeavorers!
Old 10 Mar 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3621894)   #44
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Jim, could you lower the purchase price of your cars significantly please?

It would open up a huge market meaning you will easily sell double the number of required cars for GT-E/LM/3/D homologation! And I might be able to start dreaming about acquiring one as well!

Good luck with your endeavorers!
Thanks.

With an alliance with a manufacture we could.

We're open to one.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3621901)   #45
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you did went to LMP1, would you need a "partner" there as well before you could start operating? Like everyone else there seems to be saying... (Onroak, HPD etc)
Old 10 Mar 2016, 16:49 (Ref:3621909)   #46
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Quote:
Thanks!

Aragon.

She's staying Black.

Our road version of SCG is coming along nicely and will have a TT V8 that will make about 800 HP and 850 NM of torque. It will weigh about 1100KG. It will
Be done this summer.
Thanks for the answer.
Old 11 Mar 2016, 09:38 (Ref:3622090)   #47
Napolis
Veteran

There will be in car TV feed from our car at the 12H of Mugello.
Old 11 Mar 2016, 16:10 (Ref:3622163)   #48
fausto
Veteran

Wales
fausto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks!

Aragon.

She's staying Black.

Be done this summer.
1100 kilos is a lot less than the current supercar standard, some manufacturers will have to react in some way
Old 12 Mar 2016, 01:19 (Ref:3622278)   #49
Artur
Veteran

Quote:
There will be in car TV feed from our car at the 12H of Mugello.
Looking forward to it, please share the link later (I hope it won't be restricted to eventual appearances on the main feed)

Quote:
We won't be at Ring Test days as We'll be at The 12H of Mugello with two cars

We will also run P 4/5 C on Dunlops.
Isn't Mugello 12h restricted to Hankook spec tyres?
Old 12 Mar 2016, 07:13 (Ref:3622291)   #50
Napolis
Veteran

Quote:
Looking forward to it, please share the link later (I hope it won't be restricted to eventual appearances on the main feed)

Isn't Mugello 12h restricted to Hankook spec tyres?
Yes.

P 4/5C isn't racing there.

Two SCG's are.

P 4/5 C will be racing at The Ring on Dunlops as will SCG's