Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Nov 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3943851)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good article (thanks for that) and yes, he plays the role very well, IMO.
Old 30 Nov 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3943900)   #77
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I the only one who saw the Peugeot 403 ?
Seriously, a good surprise, a good movie. The development of the car is well related. They did a big work to digitalise the old stands and circuit (my avatar !). The racing scenes are a bit too romanesque though IMHO.
Old 30 Nov 2019, 22:14 (Ref:3943904)   #78
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
As everyone on here knows the mulsanne is public a public road so it would be impossible to film there unless the road was closed, which it is for the race, test day and practice. Not sure the locals would be happy closing it for filming.
Indeed Simon!!!

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 1 Dec 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3943993)   #79
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Am I the only one who saw the Peugeot 403 ?
Seriously, a good surprise, a good movie. The development of the car is well related. They did a big work to digitalise the old stands and circuit (my avatar !). The racing scenes are a bit too romanesque though IMHO.
No, I noticed it as well, who could miss that beauty!
Old 1 Dec 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3943998)   #80
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
No, I noticed it as well, who could miss that beauty!
As beautiful as a Ferrari P3 from 1964 !

Last edited by PascaLM; 1 Dec 2019 at 11:02.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 12:39 (Ref:3944254)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wasn't the P3 a year or two later than 64?
Old 2 Dec 2019, 12:46 (Ref:3944258)   #82
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Wasn't the P3 a year or two later than 64?
Yes, but instead they should have shown the 250 LM in the Ferrari garage at Maranello. It's only a detail though.
Old 2 Dec 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3944297)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
True enough.....
Old 2 Dec 2019, 18:28 (Ref:3944350)   #84
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
saw it this weekend and thought it was good fun and really liked a number of the racing sequences.

minor criticism...the sideways stare downs while driving was obviously very hollywood but main issue with it was that almost no time is afforded to the background/motivation of the other drivers....so why does Miles spend so much time staring everyone down?

i was hoping for a bit more exposition about Ferrari and it's drivers...without that the movie felt a bit more Ford vs Carroll Shelby to me.
Old 3 Dec 2019, 12:51 (Ref:3944529)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, that could easily have been the sub-title.....
Old 4 Dec 2019, 05:52 (Ref:3944661)   #86
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Nobody picked up the Hoosier tyres?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 06:03 (Ref:3944663)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And all the Ford product placement.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 06:38 (Ref:3944666)   #88
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Or the Italian built Innocenti Mini parked behind Miles’s garage- definitely not an early 60s version!

There are lots of details we can pick up on, being enthusiasts / anoraks/ whatever, but do they really matter?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3944681)   #89
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Or the Italian built Innocenti Mini parked behind Miles’s garage- definitely not an early 60s version!

There are lots of details we can pick up on, being enthusiasts / anoraks/ whatever, but do they really matter?
It's the type of thing that matters to some - even if just for interest purposes.

Maybe a contribution here for wider awareness - https://www.moviemistakes.com/film13015 ?
Old 4 Dec 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3944688)   #90
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went to see it last night, had preconceived thought on it but yes, there where inaccuracies but they did start at the beginning with Shelby telling what LM was like,
thoroughly enjoyed it, but did pass comment on that LM 66 start line on how good it was , well worth the visit, but glad I didn't take my wife.Going back a few years, remember going to the BRSCC 64 racing car show and being awe struck ,and so was everyone else , by the Lola GT, does have some likeness to a GT40 !
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 4 Dec 2019, 09:39 (Ref:3944692)   #91
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
Went to see it last night, had preconceived thought on it but yes, there where inaccuracies but they did start at the beginning with Shelby telling what LM was like,
thoroughly enjoyed it, but did pass comment on that LM 66 start line on how good it was , well worth the visit, but glad I didn't take my wife.Going back a few years, remember going to the BRSCC 64 racing car show and being awe struck ,and so was everyone else , by the Lola GT, does have some likeness to a GT40 !
The Lola Mk6?
It is the father of the GT40
Old 4 Dec 2019, 12:53 (Ref:3944725)   #92
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The Lola Mk6?
It is the father of the GT40
It is not, remember reading in the the gospel magazine (the Autosport) that Ford were designing a GT car identical to the GT6 so that is why they bought out Lola, Eric Broadly and moved him lock stock and barrel to a purpose built unit in Slough.
By the way the GT6 was the mother of the GT40.👍
Old 4 Dec 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3944788)   #93
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
It is not, remember reading in the the gospel magazine (the Autosport) that Ford were designing a GT car identical to the GT6 so that is why they bought out Lola, Eric Broadly and moved him lock stock and barrel to a purpose built unit in Slough.
By the way the GT6 was the mother of the GT40.👍
Not sure Triumph would have liked GT6 being used by Lola, would have liked a lola mk6 when i was younger but had to make do with a triumph gt6
Old 4 Dec 2019, 17:16 (Ref:3944791)   #94
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was the Lola Mk 6 GT.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3944809)   #95
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The triumph version looked very much like the fast back spitfires that raced at le mans in the 60's. Now you know were my forum name comes from as i drove several gt6's to le mans in the eighties.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3944812)   #96
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yes I thought that. Can't blame you they are very pretty cars but the GT6 has a six pot 2000 engine. A bit quicker that the Spitfire.
Old 4 Dec 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3944876)   #97
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Below is the 1963 Lola Mk6 GT featured on Jay Leno's garage.
It would be difficult to argue that it is not the precursor to the GT40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUBmDu3HXaU
Old 4 Dec 2019, 23:01 (Ref:3944877)   #98
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes I thought that. Can't blame you they are very pretty cars but the GT6 has a six pot 2000 engine. A bit quicker that the Spitfire.
Yes love the GT6's i had the engine was as lazy as me
Old 4 Dec 2019, 23:19 (Ref:3944878)   #99
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Below is the 1963 Lola Mk6 GT featured on Jay Leno's garage.
It would be difficult to argue that it is not the precursor to the GT40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUBmDu3HXaU
There was never any doubt the Lola 6GT was the forerunner of the GT40. It was just a news splurge put out by Fords to cloud the issue that they had the identical car on the drawing board plus they said the Lola would take off at its maximum speed, just things I read at the time.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 5 Dec 2019, 20:17 (Ref:3945049)   #100
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I found this on You Tube as a background story to the GT40 program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhiWRTDZ7-E