Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Jan 2016, 15:18 (Ref:3609048)   #1
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your Le Mans Playlist

So what is on your playlist for this year? or previous years you have come to Le Mans.

On mine mainly I have AC/DC, The Who, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac and pretty much anything similar to that.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 15:23 (Ref:3609052)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I haven't added any new stuff to it lately, but my playlist on spotify now contains some 500+ songs. Most of them in the same style as Joshua's music of preference. Search for Vincegail's Le Mans Music.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 15:29 (Ref:3609055)   #3
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I haven't added any new stuff to it lately, but my playlist on spotify now contains some 500+ songs. Most of them in the same style as Joshua's music of preference. Search for Vincegail's Le Mans Music.
Will do!
Old 29 Jan 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3609067)   #4
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
Will do!
I had a look and I cannot find it. Can you send me a link would love a listen?
Old 29 Jan 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3609071)   #5
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Strange, it should not be hidden. Maybe you can try this:
https://open.spotify.com/user/111603...THGv2JBYFKmNgk

Edit: try searching for it again, I changed something on the spotify settings and it should be OK now.

Last edited by vincegail; 29 Jan 2016 at 16:13.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 16:33 (Ref:3609079)   #6
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

Quote:
Strange, it should not be hidden. Maybe you can try this:
https://open.spotify.com/user/111603...THGv2JBYFKmNgk

Edit: try searching for it again, I changed something on the spotify settings and it should be OK now.
Found it now. Thanks! A lot of songs there.
Old 29 Jan 2016, 23:32 (Ref:3609167)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
So what is on your playlist for this year? or previous years you have come to Le Mans.

On mine mainly I have AC/DC, The Who, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac and pretty much anything similar to that.
Often we're more audiobook related for the Le Mans run. Spa 2014 however leaving the Channel Tunnel at Calais I stuck on a Spotify radio based on This Will Destroy You, which worked pretty well for the drive down to Spa (taking the long way round through Mons and Bastogne), a detour into France, and then back to Calais via Liege.

If you want something properly offbeat though, this year's trip down we mainlined podcasts from the Riddle of the Sands Adventure Club which, if you enjoy two eccentric middle aged blokes wittering about history, travel, and literature, punctuated by diversions into strange booze, is pretty much ideal.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 09:59 (Ref:3609217)   #8
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
If you want something properly offbeat though, this year's trip down we mainlined podcasts from the Riddle of the Sands Adventure Club which, if you enjoy two eccentric middle aged blokes wittering about history, travel, and literature, punctuated by diversions into strange booze, is pretty much ideal.
Seems interesting, thanks!
Old 1 Feb 2016, 11:30 (Ref:3610482)   #9
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suggest this sample for English-speaking 10tenthers :
Going to Le Mans :
  • Bad To The Bone
  • The Jean Genie
  • Walking On Sunshine
  • Rudie Can't Fail
Going back home :
  • Sense Of Doubt (Bowie Eno)
  • Sailing
  • Winter (Rolling Stones)
Old 1 Feb 2016, 14:04 (Ref:3610536)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Usually opt for a mixture of atmospheric indie/alternative rock or electronic music like Deerhunter, Jamie XX, later Arctic Monkeys, M83 etc. I'm usually the driver so I insist on music that I can chill to for the boring parts of the journey.

Some songs remind me of Le Mans before I've even listened to them there, which is strange - but I guess that some songs just have that something. The Cribs - City of Bugs is one of those.

But for any journey over 90 minutes long in a Fiat Panda crammed with 20-somethings and cheap camping equipment, an eclectic music playlist is vital for the sanity of the on-board crew. So while I get to listen to my more calming stuff during the long stretches of motorway where my passengers doze, for the last hour of the journey there or when driving around the circuit during the week, the good people of La Sarthe have been treated to an expansive musical journey via the Fiat Panda's surprisingly loud speakers.

So in recent years, artists such as Kanye West, Taylor Swift, Enya, Peter Gabriel, Crowded House, Ice Cube, Johnny Cash and Matt Monro have had the honour of making it on to my Le Mans playlist.

Some might say you haven't live until you've driven down the Mulsanne Straight on a sunny June afternoon with Orinoco Flow blasting out of the open windows of an under-powered city car.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 20:30 (Ref:3611673)   #11
Team Not No More
Rookie

Team Not No More should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can't' beat some good old southern rock, lynyrd skynyrd, drive by truckers, any great 70's and 80's tunes, but for absolute atmosphere - try this, Wenesday night, back to camp site after Weds night practice early hours of Thursday am, sucking back a few beers after long trip from the Midlands, Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon,
Old 14 Feb 2016, 08:47 (Ref:3614563)   #12
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol
my playlist change each weeks.
here is the latest:
http://www.house-mixes.com/profile/D...ruary-2016-vol
Old 14 Feb 2016, 21:56 (Ref:3614671)   #13
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcomix View Post
lol
my playlist change each weeks.
here is the latest:
http://www.house-mixes.com/profile/D...ruary-2016-vol
Cheers Laurent - have fond memories of listening to some of your mixes when we were heading back from your place to the track in 2014 - good tunes!
Old 15 Feb 2016, 07:24 (Ref:3614763)   #14
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
This is my playlist:
2016 - Ford V8
2015 - Healey straight six
2014 - Healey straight six
2013 - Ford V8
Old 15 Feb 2016, 11:20 (Ref:3614806)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
so Mal you are giving the big healey a rest for 2016, but will it be going down in july for the classic?
Old 15 Feb 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3614815)   #16
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am not fortunate enough to make the journey every year - so mine will be listening intently to my GPS for instruction how to navigate thru Paris roads/traffic (flying in from the States). Once into the country side - will listen to a Radio Le Mans podcast!
Old 15 Feb 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3614933)   #17
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
so Mal you are giving the big healey a rest for 2016, but will it be going down in july for the classic?
Simon, I am intending to bring the Ford to the 24H for obvious reasons, and at the moment I may be a passenger for the classic, So the Healey may have to wait till 2017 for its next visit.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3615472)   #18
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Am not fortunate enough to make the journey every year - so mine will be listening intently to my GPS for instruction how to navigate thru Paris roads/traffic (flying in from the States). Once into the country side - will listen to a Radio Le Mans podcast!
That sounds just like what I did last year. During scrutineering stayed in Angers and took the train to Le Mans a few days. Caught up on a bunch of RLM podcasts on the train and while watching scrutineering. During the race I am never without my headphones!
Old 20 Feb 2016, 10:06 (Ref:3616227)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have all of last year's free practice, qualifying and the whole race podcasts on four discs in the car. I'm on my 5th run through the race......
Old 20 Feb 2016, 10:17 (Ref:3616230)   #20
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have all of last year's free practice, qualifying and the whole race podcasts on four discs in the car. I'm on my 5th run through the race......
Not a bad idea Ayse!
Old 20 Feb 2016, 10:38 (Ref:3616233)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's just that I've given up listening to the news going to and from work - far too depressing. I've done this for years.....
Old 20 Feb 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3616318)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A year ago I had a job that involved a lot of commuting. That was great for listening to all the races (WEC, IMSA and a few others). I don't get the chance as much now.

For the playlist, on Spotify they have the soundtrack to the recent Steve McQueen: The Man and Le Mans, this has parts of the original film sound track. So I've go that spread through a playlist I'm putting together. I don't think the original film soundtrack is on there.

Then I have a few car related tunes as well as just good tunes and in some cases tunes that are both!
Old 21 Feb 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3616526)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The original film soundtrack is available Adam - or large parts of it - on a CD called Le Mans/Le Chasseur... I bought it back in 2008.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...rch_detailpage
Attached Thumbnails
lemans.jpg  
Old 21 Feb 2016, 20:30 (Ref:3616553)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thank you very much. Bought.
Old 22 Feb 2016, 19:03 (Ref:3616813)   #25
Mikelancs
Rookie

Mikelancs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably be something to do with radio Lemans podcasts