Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 4 Nov 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2981465)   #1
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Donington - New Managing Director

Breaking news.
Quote:
Christopher Tate is a 30+ year motorsport industry veteran, with a career which includes senior positions at Lola Cars International, the Elan Panoz group, and as a co-founder and director in the start-up and construction of Rockingham Motor Speedway. From 2004 to 2010, Tate also led the rapid growth of the Masters Historic Racing group, which is now the market leader in historic motorsport across Europe.

Tate said:- “I am truly delighted to have been entrusted with this challenging new task and wonderful heritage. Donington is about a driving passion, in every sense. Tom Wheatcroft was an inspiration to so many, and Kevin having decided last year to take back control, has put the same energy and drive into reviving this wonderful circuit. I’m a Donington fan; I was here on the original opening day back in 1977; I’ve raced here often, always extremely badly, and with the Masters Series, I was very proud to have organised the re-opening Revival Meeting on the first weekend in September 2010. Now there’s a great deal to do, but most of the pieces of the jigsaw are falling into place. I hope that every customer, from the top world professional series, to the club racer, the track day enthusiast, and every spectator will see and enjoy the steady programme of improvements we have planned. We all here aim to ensure that this great circuit remains the UK’s heart and soul of passionate, challenging motorsport”
http://www.donington-park.co.uk/news...ging-director/

Regards

JimW

Last edited by JimW; 4 Nov 2011 at 13:50. Reason: Add link.
Old 4 Nov 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2981625)   #2
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news!!
Old 5 Nov 2011, 00:22 (Ref:2981716)   #3
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Splendid news - somebody who really understands the business.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 11:20 (Ref:2981838)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very good news indeed.
Old 5 Nov 2011, 19:09 (Ref:2982004)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My word. There was some talk about this at Silverstone today but nobody had seen the press release. It really is fantastic news. Here's to the future
Old 5 Nov 2011, 21:54 (Ref:2982070)   #6
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All he needs now ( ) is lots of money to spend to get the old place up to scratch.

Now what sort of pig was that overhead?

Regards

Jim
Old 5 Nov 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2982076)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its good enough for me, it would be my number one UK club circuit choice even if I had to pee in an empty baked bean can, its all about the circuit which IMHO is and always will be the nuts!
Old 5 Nov 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2982087)   #8
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
Yes it's good for me too but it would be better and please more people (some of whom actually pay to stand in mud) if the plans for improvement get delivered. It needs money spending and real attention to detail.

Regards

Jim
Old 6 Nov 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2982102)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thats really good news I like Chris a lot!
Old 6 Nov 2011, 07:08 (Ref:2982147)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Splendid news - somebody who really understands the business.
At last!!,now perhaps Christopher really has got something to get his teeth into,we will see it managed properly.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 06:44 (Ref:2982609)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
My best wishes to Christopher and given the backing sure he and Donington will do well. Look forward to racing there hopefully in 2012!
Old 7 Nov 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2982763)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Is this the Christopher Tate of Masters fame ?
Best of luck.
Old 7 Nov 2011, 23:01 (Ref:2982954)   #13
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Is this the Christopher Tate of Masters fame ?
Best of luck.
tis indeed and well done to him and Donington